Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I just heard it on the news and almost dropped my ice-cold Pepsi on the floor as well having what I just drank come out of my nose. Yes, it's confirmed. Maccagnan as well as the Pepsi.

EDIT: Pepsi Zero is eh.

#21 jetophile, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    nyjetsmets89 and Faux machine like this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Just when you think the Jets are turning it around. What. A. Joke

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

WTF kind of timing is this? Why didn't they just fire Macc when they fired Bowles??? Fucking Chris Johnson playing VP of Football Ops ain't working!!! Adam Gase calling shots without ever winning a single fckn game with the Jets?

GTFOH!

stinkyB likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Reposting this

If we get him, then the timing doesnt bother me AT ALL

PabloJa, NCJetsfan, boozer32 and 3 others like this.
  5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

How many times do you you let somebody pick players that you are about to fire????? We had that jerk was Bradshaw picking shut forever as a GM, not gm, whatever. Gesus, screw this nonsense. So what now?? You giving Gase run of things after 7 minutes on the facking job??????? Nobody worth a damn is coming to work here. Fuck this ownership both fools are insipid and beyond clueless. Gaze is going to be gone after the year and Williams will be HC with our GM being the first stray dog to wander through the stadium parking lot.

stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Should've canned him along with Bowles after the season ended.

Vida, NCJetsfan, tomdeb and 5 others like this.
  7. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Manish? :lol:

8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. How do you let him do all of this. This is why we are a joke. Should've fired everyone in January and started anew. How does Johnson give Gase interim GM. We don't have someone else to run it. Wasn't a fan of Gae warmed up to him and now I don't know what to think. He ran Landry a very good player out of Miami. Got rid of Suh but the time seemed right for that. Got rid a Addai but between injury and other things might have been a good move. I just don't know what he's done to warrant so much power. I fear he is going to upset Bell and some of these other players and what seems to be promising offseason will turn south really fast. Only the Jets. Dolan is still the worse owner in sports. The Johnson's have moved ahead of the Wilpon's. Awful. Just awful.

9. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Gase is Chris/Woody's new toy, so he can do no wrong. They'll tire of him soon enough, and they'll then make their next SOJ move. The Trust Fund Twins are up to their usual antics. What has Gase ever done that makes him think he's the second coming of Belichick, Parcells and Lombardi? More importantly, what has he ever done to convince Woody/Chris that he's the second coming of Belichick, Parcells and Lombardi? I'm beginning to think that Gase's crazy eyes gave us an insight into his very soul.

The only saving grace is watching Mehta back-track on his claim that Maccagnan was as safe as in his mother's arms. It's fun to watch that little weasel squirm.

blackssmagic and stinkyB like this.
  10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t know what to think of it. What if the Jets have a successful season getting into playoffs? Some credit will go to Mac.

I think the new rule stipulates any GMs that get fired within 30 days after the draft, all teams have to return draft players back to the draft and have a re-do on the draft. I am sure the Jets would pick the same exact players.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Terrible timing. They had to let him go when they let Bowles go. Problem is Johnson brothers.

NY Jets68 and stinkyB like this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well the powder puff brothers act as fucking dumb as ever.

If you are canning him then show him the fucking door at the same times as Bowles, I really don't agree with the posters who say yeah, it is best so the new guy gets a year before doing something, well Mac has just spent up our on people he wanted, so if you are not backing him then it is the dumbest thing ever to let him do that imo.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

WTF

"WTF" should've been the new logo on the new helmets. Unbelievable, but apparently, Johnson-typical.

twown likes this.
  14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I really don't think the timing is so bad. Free agency is free agency He didn't get a center, but all the rest were apparent no brainers, and he didn't leave us in cap hell, so how much better would another GM have done. But I think this was about the draft. His draft, imo, sucked, so he had a bad draft, at least on paper, and he got canned. I think, as a few have said, better now than go through a whole season of turmoil.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

to everyone saying why would you let him draft and go through free agency if you knew you were going to fire him....

has it occured to anyone, they DIDN'T know they were going to fire him? And perhaps a rift between gase and mac emerged along the way, that posed a threat to the culture of the building? And perhaps seeing this the Jets chose to snipe it before the season started?

Not saying the timing is ideal, but not sure it is fair to say the Jets are buffoons for letting him go through the offseason, assuming that they had plans to fire him all along, which I sincerely doubt.

Would you rather they kept him knowing what they seem to know now, and turn into a true circus? Or cut bait now and avoid the circus entirely?

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I am not the biggest Mac fan but this is stupid, insane, and very poorly timed. It makes us look like the biggest jokes known to man. We just couldn't let the Giants have that crown.

Chris Johnson is an incompetent shit.

CBG likes this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Adam Gase is now running the entire franchise.
    Everyone feel good about that?

SOJAZ, Ralebird, TonyFtLaud and 2 others like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How the fuck do you give someone $100m to spend then turn around and fire that guy? How fcking stupid IS CHRIS JOHNSON???. Even Woody wouldn't have done something this fucking stupid!! I didn't like Macc or his forever plan on rebuilding, but this shit is ridiculous!

SOJAZ, hastygreen and stinkyB like this.
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If Chris Johnson came out and says something along the lines like “we didn’t like how Mac addressed the team’s needs this year and there have been areas such as offensive line that we have raised concern with over the years that never got addressed” I would be for it but they’re not gonna give us anything.

I remember how bad Idzik and Tannenbaum were for years so there is no guarantee the next GM is going to be a success here. Especially when we need to hire one in May.

#39 Quinnenthebeast, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    blackssmagic likes this.
  20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

WTF. Gase was “pissed off” about the rumours only a few days ago.

The “Kotite to the Jets” train starts here. Choo-choo.