Status of The Team and Jets Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 27, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good point. Bowles sucked, there's no doubt about that. But we may still see dumb penalties and blown assignments though, as the players themselves the last few years have seemingly developed this mentality of not giving a shit. Any new coach would struggle the break that habit.

I was happy to see a winner like C.J. Mosley brought in, because that locker room needs a culture change and if the message comes from a veteran player it is often more received than from a skinny coach who never played football anywhere and has a bit of an ego himself

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the Jets play smart.

The last "smart" coach wasn't given a chance.

Bowles barely had a pulse...let alone a plan.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This will sound obvious....but win, go to the playoffs on a regular basis, and the fan base will become less jaded. Oh and win a Lombardy Trophy or two.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahha dude Im a proud darksider....Im just not into reading the same hyperbole over and over from the same people....don;t worry , I still hate the fuckin Jets

Biggs likes this.
  5. jonnyd

dude, youre proabbaly worse than both of them to tell you the truth. Im not a homer at all.....you have NO idea what youre talking about. Just like NC and the other guy.

joe likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd settle for a SB appearance before the first Manned mission to Mars..

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

At the rate the Jets are going, if they win another SB, it will probably be one played on Mars.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

jonnyd for president

joe likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Football Operations or the US of A?

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Head of Distribution at the Piggly Wiggly.

11. jonnyd

do I have to wear a pig suit?

12. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I was also quite pleased by the addition of CJ Mosley.This is a big addition for more reasons than one:

1) Mosley adds a certain discipline behind his play and a standard of high level play. It's when players like Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley being such high level play, that becomes the new standard across the board. Young players will inevitably look to see what CJ Mosley does to be such a great player and try to emulate that behavior. It's actually what they already do with Jamal Adams.

2) ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION Darron Lee will be dealt soon enough and that's a windfall for the defense. Now the other players won't need to worry about poor and embarrassing play from the linebacker group or acting like an idiot off the field. Darron Lee was an embarrassment to this team on many different levels. His trade or dismissal cannot come soon enough. Now the younger more impressionable players will only see standards for excellence on defense in all levels from DL to linebackers to secondary to coaching.

BrowningNagle and Acad23 like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

14. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

The status is I don't mind starting Harrison but I am worried about our CB depth.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Well this thread devolved rapidly. Shame it’s a problem for people to post negative views on the board now, because it would suck here if everyone shared the same opinion. It would be a ghost town.

I’m in the “show me’ camp. Macs a poor GM until he gets results. Still waiting.

16. jonnyd

Its been a negative board for years and years ( for obvious reasons)......theres nothing wrong with posting negatives its just when its the exact same comment ( slightly disguised) time and time and time again where It gets insufferable

joe likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i personally don't think there is an issue with negative views or opposing viewpoints. the issue is there is often little discussion when it comes to them. it's a big difference to give a negative view with an explanation on why u see it that way, compared to what we usually get which is a "mac sucks balls" or "this guy is a bum" and no reasoning behind it and if you ask why they said that they turn around and insult you. I mean not much discussion can be had that way

Ralebird and jonnyd like this.
  18. jonnyd

If a Jet fan can;t be at least a tiny bit positive after this off season which is CLEARLY the best off season we've had in 15 years then why would they even bother being a fan. Its completely moronic.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late response. I little cream of wheat dribbled down my chin onto my Grateful Dead T-shirt. Thank god for Oxyclean. I can't dispute the 15 years, my long term memory is shot, but I could have sworn we drafted a franchise QB last year?

20. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

As far as the team goes I do think that the arrow is pointing up finally. I really like the additions of Crowder,Mosley,Bell and Williams.

As for me I have always gone through major peaks and valleys with the Jets.
    One year I'm saying to myself "This team has potential" Then the next I'm screaming out loud "I FUCKING HATE YOU"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Up and Down, Up and Down. They Jets have a way of making you do that.

But as I get older I am trying to take the even keel approach. Not to high not to low.