Report: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on the hot seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Shock? Not at all but no doubt very disappointing to a handful here.

K'OB likes this.
  2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Got to say I'm liking Gase more and more. No chest-pounding BS like Rex, and no monosyllabic sleep-inducing monotony like Bowles. Forthright, honest and no crap. If he can HC in the same way he deals with the media I will be very happy.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Okay, "Mr. Where's Your Source", who are he "handful here" who would be disappointed that our GM and HC get along? C'mon, name the names.

But whether you do or do't your smear is bullshit. I know of no one here who actively roots for the Jets to fail or do bad. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Just because some people are sick and tired of decades of ineptitude and failure and are holding their feet to the fire, doesn't mean they want them to lose. Speaking for myself, I think it's much more harmful to be as tolerant and forgiving as you are. The word for it is "enabling". As long as the Jets hear nothing negative, and fans keep coming out to support them, they'll continue to rake in the cash, win or lose...mostly lose.

As for that article, I hope it's true, but like all sports articles, they have to be taken with a pound of salt. The real truth might be that Macc and Gase went at each other with knives, but as far as they want the public - the people who pay their salaries - to know, they're best buds. Just because you have a "source", doesn't mean it's the truth.

NYJetsO12, NYJ1970, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  4. Ralebird

Clearly when someone says "no doubt..." that indicates an opinion is being given. I would say, in my opinion, that the person or persons who posted the bogus story about MacCagnan being on the hot seat and those who reveled in the rumors of a giant problem between him and Gase would be disappointed. There are people here who want MacCagnan gone; that's fine, it's their opinion. There are others here who are tired of every single thing in the wind being a reason to go after the GM, things like the unfounded rumors of Polite being a "problem child" with "character issues" and others who are convinced that trades were possible that never got made; trades that would be no more of a sure thing than any other hypothetical that could be identified.

I don't need to name names, those so inclined know who they are. I smeared no one, I simply voiced my opinion, no "bullshit" involved. Where is the "wanting the Jets to lose" thing coming from? You made that up. It's certainly nothing I ever said or even alluded to. That...is bullshit. If people actually allow themselves to get enraged, or even a little angry about what the Jets do, on or off the field, that's their own problem; for them to get that way based on posts made here is ridiculous.

Let's get something straight here - nothing that happens on any message board is "harmful" to a professional team; no one here is in a position to enable anything nor hold anybody's feet anywhere and it is really the height of arrogance to believe someone here wields that type of power. You are correct that the article I posted may just be a puff piece designed to cover up an ongoing situation but the author has been pretty objective in the past. It certainly is no better or worse than the articles I mentioned above that appear to be playing fast and loose with the truth that the same handful here loves to beat the never-live horse with and needs considerably less salt than they do.

The difference, you may have noticed, is that the story I posted is based on an interview including direct quotes from Adam Gase; it is not based on "whispers" or rumors from unknown "sources."

jonnyd likes this.
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

the bolded is clearly the dumbest part of another dumb response by one of the ones you didnt mention by name :)

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

This thread title is fake news with no evidence of NYJ ownership stating Maccagnan is on the "hot seat".

When was this thread created?
    How many pages ago, close to 50?
    Some "hot seat" he's been on.
    Why is Maccagnan still a Jet?
    "Hot seat"? lol what a farce!

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I almost wish that Macc would start teasing us with signature coffee mugs, sporting qoutes written on them like "tick tock, tick tock." It would make for interesting conspiracy theories on Locked On Jets and Jets Nation Radio. And to just troll Mehta and Cimini might actually be worth it alone.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

you're right. Your post last lays out a very common sense approach to look at things.

With that said, Mac is DEFINITELY on the hot seat? You don't get to be as poor at your job as he's been and not be on the hot seat. That's common sense after 5 years of screwing up an NFL franchise. A horrendous drafting record coupled with cutting all the good veteran talent on the team will leave you with multiple bad seasons. It works like clockwork.

The truth is MAC SUCKS. It's no wonder he gets criticized the way he does.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Just because he wasn’t on the hot seat post draft doesn’t mean he’s not on the hot seat for the season.

In fact, it would be the perfect time for a talented GM to take over if this season is a failure.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean Gase doesn't think Mac is a blundering fool and enjoys dealing with him about as much as he enjoys dealing with an oral surgeon giving him a root canal. It may only mean when it actually gets reported it pisses him off. Notice he didn't deny there was an actual rift.

Fake, fake news.

#871 Biggs, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He has to deny any rift between him and Mac..of course. Don't forget Gase is coming off the heals of a major disagreement with the Owner of the Dolphins.

It would be extremely stupid of him to start anything with MM considering Chris J just employed his ass

How he really feels we will have to see over next 6 months..

Dont we all know ? At the beginning of a relationship its all good, ....hugs and kisses

If the Winning begins and continues ..it might stay that way. And as Ive posted before 2/3 of any wins we get this year will be on Gase and Williams moving the Chess Pieces around and some credit to Mac

Plus, this has really nothing to do with anyones opinion on GM Macagnan over the last 5 years

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOTS of room for improvement, but He's a middle of the road GM.... has made some good moves, and a bunch of shitty ones.

Let's just hope that like some other "good" GMs, the selection of his QB will mask some of the shitty ones

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I dread to think what else came up in the search bar after you typed that video title

Footballgod214 likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Now now, stop using City related quotes, tick tock tick tock indeed.

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hey. The NY Times is even being pulled into the mix now. So technically the smear campaign has local connections... it's all valid. (sticks out tongue)

HomeoftheJets and K'OB like this.
  17. Ralebird

Right! Why use direct quotes when vague unattributed whispers will accomplish what you want? You have won a free ride in the Goodrich Blimp!

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

LOL I entered "Macc gets plowed in ass by TGG" and this video came up

K'OB likes this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Don't get made because you posted something that was clear as day. It was the reports that pissed him off. If it wasn't the reports he would have left that simple word that has meaning out.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Because coaches have a long history of being dishonest with their comments to the media. It's called coachspeak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.