Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The big problem with the more than one dragon left theory is where did it come from? This might seem an obvious thing to say but in Season 2 the warlocks of Qarth admitted they had no powers left until Danaerys' dragon eggs hatched which caused their magic to be reborn. That's why they kidnapped them. So we know there were no other dragons alive before this point. Unless there were other dragon eggs in Essos that spontaneously combusted and hatched at the end of Season 1, or there's a whole plot line we haven't seen, there can't really be another dragon. However you can explain the dragon seen by Jorah as being Drogon quite easily as he was AWOL from Mereen at the time. No one knew where he went.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Well there's also a theory that dragons have no defined sex and are defined as "male" or "female" based on whether they can lay eggs or not. Just as you said, when Drogon went missing, it could have laid eggs somewhere in Westeros.

Septon Barth and Maester Aemon both agreed that dragons have no defined sex.

Euron has seen and now has killed a dragon. His face in the preview makes me think he's seeing more than one dragon

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  3. Falco21

Also, just as you mentioned, it was common practice for the Targaryen's to give their prince's dragon eggs as gifts. The thought was that they would learn to bond with them when they hatch. There are rumored to be "hundreds" of eggs that have turned to stone throughout Westeros.

4. MoWilkBeast

Yeah I'd considered this as the dragon was spotted in the ruins of Old Valeriya I think, which would be a likely place to discover old eggs. It just seemed very far fetched to me that the dragon would go off and bring some old eggs to life and unless there's another Targaryen out there I'm not sure anyone else could. I won't say more on this point.

I like your other idea better as Drogon was missing for long enough to lay, hatch and nurture dragons to a point where they would be mature enough to fend for themselves, thinking about how long it took to go from hatchlings to the point where Drogon burned the slave masters to claim the Unsullied. There's no doubt Euron is surprised and you hear what sounds like a dragon, but it could just be that he already thinks he's killed it.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed. The novel they originally based the show on is called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and that has been building up through the entire series as the ultimate good vs evil type of battle to save the 7 kingdoms.

It's hard to imagine why they would shy away from the Fire vs ice battle as the main battle of the series and go with Cersei instead. My guess is that George RR Martin told them to do it, so that the novel doesn't become obsolete and follows a slightly different path so GOT viewers actually have a reason to read the books.

Also a quick side note, I'm really going to miss the Night King theme music.

#2245 Sam Hammer, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  6. Sam Hammer

I tend to agree. This is supposed to be the final season and 3 out of 4 episodes so far have been mostly filler where almost nothing happens aside from awkward humor. It's clear the writers are out of ideas and have 2 big episodes to work with. I will be shocked out of my mind if either of the next 2 episodes even comes close to the Night King battle.

It might even be more simple than that. That kind of plot twist would require a lot of explaining. Dragons have survived heavy damage previously and seem to have some type of regeneration ability. It's possible the dragon that fell into the water ends up recovering.

#2246 Sam Hammer, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  7. Falco21

Well remember, Euron killed the one dragon and Daenerys was flying on the other. He knows there is a second one still alive that she is flying on. He is either shocked because he didn't see or hear it before it was already on top of them, or he's shocked because he's seeing multiple dragons, which he believed there was only one left.

Safe to say, I'm pumped for Sunday! Haha

8. Falco21

Well I wouldn't call Episode 3 a "filler" episode with "almost nothing but awkward humor". Episode 3 was a fantastic episode. Episode 4 was pretty stupid, imo.

Hell, even IMDB has last week's episode rated 6.7 lol

Also, I think Episode 5 is gonna be mind blowing. Emilia Clarke said this after Episode 3:

[​IMG]

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Yes, I was referring to episodes 1, 2 and 4 as the filler. 4 wasn't pure filler, but all 3 of those episodes could have been condensed into 2. My guess is they are probably saving all that budget money for the last 2 episodes.. at least I hope!

If the series finale manages to top episode 3, I will consider this show hands down the best show of all time.

10. MoWilkBeast

I was assuming that something happened in the next episode prior to that clip that makes him think he's killed the last dragon, hence his shock when it appears.

Falco21 likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dude this season has had many plot holes and weird head-scratching stretches, so I guess it wouldn't surprise me, but if they got to the last show of the 10 year series and they were like "guess what, dragons don't have a defined sex. jokes on you, there are a bunch of dragons that hatched and were hiding" it would be an insult to their viewers intelligence IMO

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

Jamie had sex with the beast woman, which was odd to begin with, and she was immediately in love with him. Didn't that seem forced and cheesy to y'all?

13. MoWilkBeast

She's been infatuated with Jaimie since season 3 when he stopped her being raped. Nothing new or forced about it.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The episode was the worst of the entire show; we’re on to Cincinnati.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

agreed.

16. BrowningNagle

yeah..ok.. maybe.. but why would Jaime want to bang her to begin with? That odd side story was written for the ladies

17. Falco21

Why would that be an insult?

Maester Amon and Barth have both stated that dragons do not have a defined sex:

No one stated that her dragons were males. That's an assumption we all took. It's also weird that they would make Drogon disappear like he did and it not mean anything at all, other than him just going awol.

And no one said they were hiding. They were off in a distant land where they hatched and were growing. You think a show built around myths, legends, and fantasy would insult the viewers intelligence if the above stated scenario were true? I highly doubt that. In fact, over the past couple days this theory is being talked about more and more as a true possibility.

The one thing about this show that rings true time and time again, is that there is always little nuggets of wisdom dropped throughout previous episodes that pointed in the direction of where we are now. It would not shock me, nor insult me, whatsoever if Drogon had babies

18. Falco21

They've been infatuated with each other since first meeting in season 2. They have saved each other on multiple occasions and have shared a mutual respect for one another. That "love" interest has been brewing for years.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  19. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Friendly wager? I'll bet $50 to your favorite charity that there isn't a new dragon showing up.

There are only two episodes left! The storytelling has been compressed/rushed, but adding a new dragon would be ridiculous.

My own guess? Dany goes full Mad Queen... burns them all. Jon tries to stop her. Winds up having to kill her. Gets all Nissa Nissa up in here.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  20. Falco21

Wouldn't bet on anything involving GOT lol

Like I said, if there's not another dragon, I wouldn't be disappointed. I'm not saying there should be. I'm just pointing out that it is a possibility and there is a way they could explain it, as I stated above.

Your theory though, has me wondering. Why would they make it that easy? I think there's somehting we are not expecting that will happen