Rosen, Darnold, Allen - Part II

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, May 1, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Equally as Billsy to puff out your chest after playing in one playoff game total since the turn of the millennium.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

When did I do that?

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Now that we have a running back, we can go back to running for a ridiculous amount of rushing yards against that Buffalo defense.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fancy that on a Jets forum, shocking stuff.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well we will find out if you were right in about three seasons after Brady sees him off and he goes to another team to try his luck, like the other young QB's before him ;)

FJF likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

Or Sam can just shred it for another game winning drive on the road. Either works.

8. BroadwayAaron

Interesting read from SI yesterday:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/06/m...tter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sinow

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Gus Malzhan's offense is an innovation. "Worst in football" what a crock

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Miami got a great deal for Rosen. Many, including myself, assumed he would go #2 or #3 overall for months last year. They got him for a 2nd Round pick? Really good value. All that matters now is how Sam, Josh, and Josh play, but the Jets clearly paid the most for their QB. Luckily for Gang Green: I think Darnold is the best of them. By a mile.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Same here. I think Darnold is best of the bunch. Who would have thought all 3 would end up in the AFCE. It should make for some exciting matchups over the next 12-15 years if everything works out. Unfortunately Grandpa QB will have his team winning the division again this season.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. legler82

It is the worst in terms of QB development.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

idk, it worked out pretty well for Cam Newton.

Also Michael Lombardi's quote from your article also didn't stipulate that - he went full on "its the worst offense in football."

the Patriots may have drafted Stidham because he was in Gus Malhzans' system, opposite of the point you are trying to make. The Patriots have taken things straight from Malzhans playbook over the years. He is one of the few college coaches that runs a balanced spread system, and numerous NFL teams have emulated elements of his system.

#133 BrowningNagle, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  14. 101GangGreen101

Stidham's inconsistencies are why he fell in the draft, we had a little discussion on Stidham 2 years ago.

15. 13ktownguy13

13ktownguy13 New Member

His year was actually quite similar to Darnolds.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Over all that's pretty true. Sam had a few good games down the stretch that may be attributable to a progression that Rosen didn't really show but I agree they both were similar if you take into consideration that Rosen was under a lot more pressure than Sam. The Jets OL as bad as it was, was miles better than AZ OL. Rosen actually had 2 game winning drives to Sam's 1. Over all I think Sam showed better at the end of the season. Of course Sam got to sit a few games right before the last stretch which might have actually helped him. Rosen was taking an enormous beating that was only compounding as the season wore on.

It's going to be a good debate for a long time. I hope Rosen and Allen turn out to be good and Sam turns out to be just enough better to get the big wins when it counts.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

Sam had good games prior to the final stretch and if you look at the turnovers the majority came from like 3 games.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sam had slightly better numbers under less pressure. He was in a much better situation. The numbers for both of them kind of sucked. Nobody is excited about Sam or Josh based on last years numbers. They both flashed talent and both struggled. No big deal it will play out. I think Sam will be great. Until he is or until Rosen washes out TBD...

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Darnold was rated as the top QB in the league over the final 3 weeks of season according to PFF.
    Rosen was benched due to terrible play, and has since been traded away for pennies on the dollar.

They both struggled early, but Darnold improved tremendously while Rosen just got worse.
    Their seasons were not comparable imo, other than playing for poorly coached teams.

Things can certainly change, but as of now Darnold is a clear step above.

#139 BacktoQueens, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  20. legler82

Very good point about NE possibly drafting him because of that offense but it doesn’t counter mine and I think maybe Lombardi’s. The system hurt his draft stock which is my point and something I predicted may happen when he decided to go back to Auburn. He’s a natural passer with 1st round talent but fell to the 4th. Had he stayed in Baylor and had the opportunity to continue to throw the ball as many times as he did as a freshman, he would have been a 1st round pick. With regards to Cam no system is going to hurt the draft stock of a player with his physical gifts (Josh Allen).

ColoradoContrails likes this.