'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Damn. That was not easy. But Rays pulled it off on the road @ Boston and won in a nail biter 2-1 and just in time for this Eastern Conference clash between Philly/Toronto too.

1 underdog upset down.
    2 more to go.
    1 game at a time.

Ben Simmons. Jimmy Butler. Tobias Harris (sick pickup and exactly what they needed). Joel Embiid. These guys are truly stacked and then you have J.J Reddick from 3 I love Philadelphia's chances of making it to the finals as Simmons, Butler and Embiid are pure fire power with JJ/Harris within the midst of things. I do not see Philly as a +6 1/2 point underdog. Game 1 on the road @ Toronto strong feeling Raptors get punched in the mouth on their home court.

A 76ers win and I'll be down to my $ game with San Antonio, and a game 7 at that and with a legendary Gregg Popovich vs. Michael Malone who's about to experience his 1st game 7 ever as a head coach and with a super young team too; fk Vegas for trying to trick me into thinking Spurs are a +6.0 point underdog tonight.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Ive hated on the celtics all year.

But I'm lback on the wagon!!!

This is going to be a battle of a series. If Middleton plays like he did against Boston last year it'll be real tough.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Had a bad feeling about game 1. Go figure. Fn Boston.

4. JackBower

The bucks still adjust game 2 to that kyrie/horford pick and pop.

It's killed them today.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I really hope its a Milwaukee - Portland finals

Sam Hammer and NYJalltheway like this.
  6. NYJalltheway

That would be a dream scenario.

Obviously, I want the Bucks to win, but if they don't, then really it's anybody but the warriors.

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Philly or Toronto vs Houston, even though it's not looking very likely at this point. I'm just sick of the stupid Warriors.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'm going for Toronto, they're going to get screwed after Kawahi leaves and be irrelevant for the next decade. I'd be happy if Portland won too, Lilard is amazing. Best result is always the Celtics being humiliated and eliminated and then Kyrie coming to the Knicks. That would be such an amazing offseason, and then imagine if NYK wins the draft lottery and signs KD ***DROOOOOOOL***

9. JackBower

I have very little confidence in the celtics tonight.

Their bad habits they formed lolly gagging through the regular season show up still. Like when they take the last possession off of quarters and allow easy buckets constantly.

Edit: think i wrote this before in this thread, but i have never hated watching one of my teams more than the '18/'19 celtics. Thats really saying something from a jets fan and the years we've had lately.

#89 JackBower, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Not sure I want Irving on the Knicks. Kemba might be cheaper and a better option.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

He could be okay if Durant comes too; you can have a great team if he's your second-best player, but if he's your best player it seems that there is a definite ceiling. He set out to prove that he can be the man, and it appears that he has instead proven that he can't.

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Im a huge Kawhi Leonard fan, the Spurs did him wrong imo, I hope he wins the whole thing this year, but it will be an uphill climb unless Golden State isnt in the finals. I wouldn't be convinced that Kawhi is leaving Toronto either, I could actually see him staying depending on the result of this season. If they reach the finals, I think he will stay. I also believe that he could end up on the Knicks to, it just depends how things play out. If Durant stays in Golden State then Kawhi might come to NY, or its entirely possible that Kawhi and Durant both come to NY. I do believe though that they both want to prove that they can take a team from the bottom and win the whole thing. Kawhi and Durant would be unstoppable, they are the two best players in the league right now.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hes been a headache as of late in the locker room, but with KD he will probably be a better teammate. Solid point.

14. NYJalltheway

Not too late to join the fear the deer wagon

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Milwaukee is a small market club. I couldn't imagine the hype Giannis would receive if in a major city and surrounded by big name stars such as a Wade and Bosh in their primes and R. Allen I feel he would have dominated more than LeBron did as impossible as that may sound. Yes. Pound for pound I feel he's the #1 talent in today's game over K.D even. All-Time great already and he's young and only getting better he's scary dominant. You give me the #1 pick of all current NBA players to build around and I'm going Greek Freak no hesitation.

And as an NYK fan can't wait to see Kyrie play his last game as a Celtic while Giannis sends Boston home. Awesome to see Boston trailing 1-3 lol.

An NY duo of Kyrie Irving/Kevin Durant on the same team and heaven forbid an N.Y trio of Kyrie/Zion/K.D? Omg forget about it and with Mitchell Robinson rebounding and blocking anything and everything inside the paint? Good GOD Madison Square Garden!!!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. JackBower

Go Bucks!

I really will root for them. I usually root for Bucks/Brewers when my teams are out

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. NYJalltheway

Losing game 7 to the dodgers was brutal on everyone here. We were all so pumped up, and I couldn't believe they blew it. So the Bucks having such a great start to the year, and ultimately getting to where they are now, has been really nice. I just hope they at least win the East.

Brook! likes this.
  18. JackBower

My one question is.

What's with deer riding a motorcycle?

19. NYJalltheway

Cuz it's bad ass.

JackBower likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I can't believe Philly got blown out last night. I guess they were on too high of a high going in and got slammed like a typical "trap" game.

I still feel that Toronto or Philly has the best chance to upset the Warriors if Houston can't. As great as the Bucks have been, their starting talent outside of Giannis can't hold a handle to Golden State.

The bucks have Giannis and a bunch of very solid players around him, but they aren't stacked like the Warriors and that type of starting talent is hard to overcome in a 7 game series.