Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I've been thinking that Euron getting the throne is a possibility. he's a shady fuck and playing cersei as much as she's playing him. If she wins i could see him executing her and taking it. But he doesn't get it IMO without dany and jon dying first

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There's a very interesting theory about Tyrion:

There's speculation that Tyrion might be Targaryen. And there might be another dragon. Here's why:

In the books, the Mad King had a lust for Joanna Lannister. He had mentioned her multiple times. There is a chance he raped her when Tyrion was conceived. In the show, Tywin has hinted multiple times that Tyrion is not his true son:

“You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature, full of envy, lust, and low cunning,” Tywin tells Tyrion in season 3. “Men’s laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine. And to teach me humility the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father’s sigil and his father’s before him.”

Tywin’s last words to Tyrion are also literally, “You’re no son of mine.”

Tyrion finding a way to “wake dragons out of stone” would seemingly also tie directly into the Prince That Was Promised prophecy, perhaps indicating that Jon, Daenerys and Tyrion can only fulfill the prophecy together. “When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone,” Melisandre says in the books.

Also, in the beginning of the show, the gyroscope shows 4 dragons rather than 3:

[​IMG]
    host picture online

And when Jorah was banned and was searching for a cure back in season 5, he was in a land nowhere near Khalessi and her dragons and this was spotted:

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

ah an imp will never get the throne and i think they are reading too much into nothing. all those comments were because he was hated for being a midget and only jaime had a soft spot for him and loved him. the rest of his family despised him simply for coming out short.

4. Falco21

Check the post again. I hit the button before uploading the images

5. Falco21

And there's this that feeds into the Tyrion rumor:

In George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire book series, there are numerous hints that Tyrion may be a secret Targaryen and that he will be one of the three people involved in the three heads of the dragon prophecy. The three heads of the dragon prophecy comes from a book scene in which Daenerys has a vision of her brother Rhaegar in the House of the Undying in Qarth. Show watchers saw this sequence in season 2, but that sequence, along with a few others, was not included. During the vision, Daenerys sees Rhaegar naming his newborn son Aegon — his second child with Elia Martell, not Jon, whose real name is also Aegon — as a wet nurse feeds him.

“He has a song. He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire,” Rhaegar tells the nurse before looking directly at Daenerys and saying, “There must be one more. The dragon has three heads.”

6. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

These last two episodes feel like they took the characters' brains away from them, and transformed that into plot armour.

7. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I think what we’ve seen - and what the show runners have basically admitted - is that these ain’t the books. They’re telling their own story, because they more or less had to.

They used to explicitly state where George said this or George outlined that... now they just talk in terms of “we needed this character to do this thing.”

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. Falco21

Oh for sure. The show completely deviated from the books, but the story line is very similar. And the quotes I posted above with Tywin taking to Tyrion are from the show.

It's a cool twist if it were true. Would explain why Euron looked shocked in the coming attraction when he looked up after hearing what sounded like a dragon. Looked like a face of confusion thinking she only had one left yet here's a second one.

Either way, it helps fill the weekly void waiting for the next epsidoe haha!!

9. Falco21

And I just want to point out how cool this thread is on here. I have a lot of family and some friends that watch Game of Thrones, but none of them are as into it as I am. They also don't really talk about it much outside of the day after each episode.

It's really cool coming on our beloved Jets forum and being able to have a detailed discussion with fellow fans about GOT. Sad that it's coming to an end, but I just wanted to point that out

TonyFtLaud and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just depends how you look at it. I like slow burns like that in shows, especially after an action packed episode like last week. I do get you feeling that way though. There are only 2 episodes left, so there does feel like the showrunners should have more urgency in the story telling.

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of that budget went to Starbucks :p

GasedAndConfused and Falco21 like this.
  12. Cidusii

Episode 2 was the best episode this season so far for me. Episode 3 and 4 have really been a bit lacking. 3 was enjoyable, but not really satisfying.

The battle last week, and the ballista scene from this week, I really struggled to make sense of. Their battle plan last week made no sense, especially since they didn't even take a minute or two prior to explain what they were trying to do, except get any non-white character killed.

Then this week, the whole ballista scene was just whack. TIL dragons, and Dany, have really really bad eyesight. Apparently on the "Inside the Episode" segment they do, they said Dany just forgot about the enemy fleet? That's WTF level of plot convenience. Lots of shock factor with Rhaegal, but that's it. Then, to follow up the super-accurate-quick-loading-boat-ballistae with a scene where King's Landing's wall is full of them, and they don't just destroy Dany and Tyrion, really broke immersion. Cersei's portrayed as ruthless, but apparently not ruthless enough to kill the brother she's been trying to kill for ages, and even sent an assassin against.

Maybe I'm just still really disappointed that the white walker plot line was so underdeveloped. "Winter is Coming" and "Winter is Here" were the biggest honeypotting slogans of the show.

#2232 Cidusii, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I suspect that Euron thinks he is playing Cersei, but he's so arrogant and has so little regard for women in general that he probably doesn't conceive that she is playing him too.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think you have it backwards. I wonder how much of the budget came from Starbucks?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I fell in love with Dany obviously back in season 1, so hot. The crazier she gets the hotter she is. I hope the series ends with her burning everything down, taking the throne and killing Jon Snow

16. GasedAndConfused

good call, there could be a 4th dragon somewhere but i don't see how tyrion ties into any of that. if anything the 4th dragon would lead towards jon snow since he's really a targaryn. also remember the show has been "off script" for like 3-4 seasons now so i wouldn't read too much into season 1 stuff.
    i heard this morning that they are CGI-ing out the cup lol

17. GasedAndConfused

yeah he's very cocky for sure and cersei is smarter then people tend to believe so she could be playing him. i mean at any time she wants she can have him killed by the mountain.

LMAO that's dark but possible. she is turning towards the crazy ruler for sure

18. Cidusii

Now that Tyrion has said he knows about the pregnancy that Cersei just announced to Euron, I wonder how he'll react. Not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

and the final slogan: "Winter Ended Pretty Damn Quick!" :D

BrowningNagle and Cidusii like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I have a feeling there will be more than 1 Dragon next episode.
    Life's a beach.... And so is Cersi... Lol