Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Both Queens in this last episode appear too devious to rule. Prediction: Dragon Queen will get shot out of the sky and Cerci gets executed or killed.

Of course, for any sequels Cerci might escape somewhere or Jon Snow refuses the Throne etc.

Pretty good stuff but I wish it was on a little earlier at night ..say 8 PM

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have a weird feeling Jaime is gonna kill Cersci. He seemed to be implying that she is a monster and she has made him a monster. He named all the horrible things he has done for her almost signaling that it needs to be stopped and he's the one to stop it.

Also, Arya is sneaking behind the camera again. She's off to finish her list, which Cersci is clearly on. She's not in the main picture right now, so look out for her again

3. Falco21

The ship scene, maybe, but the final scene at the wall? That dragon could have easily flown above the clouds, like he did fighting the Night King, and came back around behind them. Light the whole fuckin wall on fire and end it in a second.

It's a show, I get that, but that was really bothering me. You have dragons, why the fuck are you just flying in plain sight?

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Jon dies. If that were to happen it would have been at the hands of the NK in last weeks episode. This one ends with either Cersei or Dany (or both) dead.

5. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Honestly what irked me more about that final scene was that Cersei didn't open fire on them all. OK they came to discuss terms...and? She was never going to surrender (why do they keep writing Tyrion as if he's stupid enough to ask?), and she's not honorable or anything. Tyrion's right there, Dany's right there, the dragon is right there, on the ground. Half their army is still marching south. Shoot them!

Yes I know, she didn't shoot (and Dany didn't "light the whole fucking wall on fire") because the plot isn't ready for the battle yet. It's like they have the plot points they want to show, and the images they want on the screen, and put them together without stopping to think about what the characters would actually do, or how those situations would logically play out. Last week f.ex., they wanted "dramatic shots of our main heroes hopelessly surrounded" + "our heroes survive!", and added them together without caring that what they put on the screen was a half-dozen characters who should be dead, and it loses a lot of its dramatic impact when they only survive because of 'plot armor'. This week, they wanted "Dany and Cersei offer dueling terms of surrender" + "Dany and Cersei dramatically stare each other down", and didn't care that each of their responses should've been "Offer rejected. Open fire."

Anyhow, since I doubt Dany sits out the final battle in fear of the ballistae, and they have to knock them out of commision somehow, you might just get your wish.

#2205 NYJ79, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Falco21 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

GOT has become rather predictable. Cerci will die a gruesome death at the hands of Dany. People will compare her to the Mad King, last episode everyone vs Dany.

The end.

Still think Breaking Bad so far has had the better final season.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The episode was fine because we all knew it was going to be buildup, but the last 30 minutes was flat out dumb. Euron just sniping Rhaegal out of the sky 3 for 3 didn't make any sense. Ceresi would've shot all of Daenery's army right then and there if this was season 3 or 4. Just a shame the writing has gone to hell because they only signed for 8 seasons and ran out of money for this season, hence why they offed the NK and the dragons as soon as they did (gotta save that CGI money)

Sam Hammer likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think your mistaken on HBO running out of money for season 8. They had their largest increase in revenue last year, ($6.7 billion) and have increased this season's budget for GOT to $15 million per episode making it the most costly TV series of all time

Falco21 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's (jaime) going back to help her. he has an almost addiction to her

arya and hound are interesting. not sure what they are up to. the hound likely wants revenge on the mountain. not sure what part arya might play in that

no sequels planned. only pre-quels .

also for the love of god can dany stop being so dumb with her dragons and getting them killed lol

nah she wanted to have the dragon sitting on the ground right in range of the wall with the 4-6 dragon killing crossbow things. they could have easily wiped out the dragon, dany, and that part of the army in an instant but you know they can't becuase we still have 2 more episodes

desperation. tyrion knows it won't work but has to try in order to feel better about what's going to happen.

they spent over 90 million making this season https://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of-thrones-finale-2018-how-much-will-it-cost or roughly over 11.111 mil an episode. money wasn't a factor for sure.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Another great episode. Watching people complain about really high quality shows is funny to me. Game of Thrones is the best it has ever been right now. This final season has been fantastic.

I think this is setting up for a twist character to sit on the throne at the end. Maybe Sansa? Dany and Cersei are going to die and I bet Jon Snow will also die. It would be nice if he got a happy ending as King, but I doubt it. Daenerys showed Jon a path where they could all live happy and together. He ignored it and went the other way, likely sealing the fates of them all.

TonyFtLaud and GasedAndConfused like this.
  11. Falco21

I am addicted to this show. I've watched every season multiple times. I read and read about everything involving this show and I am the main person all my friends and family come to when they are confused or want to talk about it.

But......

To say that last night's episode was "great" is not accurate, in my opinion. The entire episode was an hour and half long showing what exactly? We saw Khalessi tell Jon he has to keep his mouth shut about him being the true heir to the throne. We knew she would say that. We saw Khalessi slowly turning into a tyrant like her father. We knew that. Tyrion is blindly following her because he's terrified of what she can do. We knew that. Jaime is going back to Kings Landing. We knew that was gonna happen. Cersci is not giving up and will fight to the end. We knew that was gonna happen. People think Jon Snow is fit to be king. We all knew that.

So what did we learn? Another dragon died because Khalessi is a moron. And a character died that really didn't mean anything to the show.

And where are we now? In the same place we were before last night. Ready for war minus one more dragon and Khalessi's advisor, who doesn't fight or do anything either way.

So basically we spent an hour and a half building up for the final two episodes when this season is only 6 long? I find that ridiculous. Last night was a part of the story, I get that, but it was a mindless episode that could have been shrunk down to about 30 minutes.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. Falco21

See but this is exactly why it is not predictable.

You are saying this now, but so far it has not been very predictable and maybe this is exactly what they want you to believe.

I went into Episode 3 thinking some big time characters would die. I was wrong. Very wrong. Many complain about that, but I think it was a genius move. Everyone expected big names to be written off, and none of the really big ones were. That, in of itself, was unpredictable.

I think you might be feeding into exactly what they want you to believe. That's what has made it arguably the best show ever

13. Falco21

Ran out of money is not an accurate statement lol

As posted above me, they had truck loads of money to spend and they spent it.

14. Falco21

You think he's going back to help her?

I took it differently. Which I could be completely wrong lol I thought he was signaling that she has been a monster and he has been a monster that has given her everything she wants. The only person to stop her is him. Which is why he is going back.

I guess you could see it both ways. I just think that this battle in the North and his love affair with Brienne has changed his ways. Not to mention the fact that Bronn showed up to kill both of them as per Cersci's demand. They also showed Jaime staring into the fire before leaving, almost as if trying to understand that this needs to end or everyone will die

15. 101GangGreen101

Nah when the season began, I had a feeling the NK wouldn't be around too long and that eventually they would shift towards Cersi vs everyone else. I was actually hoping that wouldn't happen actually.

GOT is a great show, def top 5 of all time IMO. But Breaking Bad to me, I felt more emotionally invested in the last season. GOT series isn't over obviously, but I just feel that there has been some lazy writing.

16. Falco21

I guess I see things differently. I NEVER thought the Night King would still be around. The story has always revolved around man being the biggest threat to man. Cersci has always been the main villain. It was always going to come full circle.

What makes this show so un-predictable is that we are going into the final 2 epsidoes of the entire show and no one has a real sense of who will prevail and sit on the throne. Will it be Jon Snow? Daneyrus? Cersci? Sansa? Tyrion?

There really is no sure answer to that and I couldn't even make a logical guess at this point. They have shocked me year after year and I don't think it will stop now.

Breaking Bad was an amazing show, but Game of Thrones is on an entirely different level. The amount of detail and writing that has went into GOT makes Breaking Bad look like a joke

17. 101GangGreen101

yeah that last sentence is untrue, Breaking Bad's attention to detail and writing is one of the best in TV history. To say its a joke, not sure if I can take ya seriously.

This season has taken a step back IMO.

18. Falco21

Oh and I also forgot that Tyrion might have unknowingly helped defeat Cersci in last night's episode. When he approached the wall, he told Cersci to surrender to save her unborn child. Well, how could Tyrion have known she was pregnant with "Euron's" baby, if they haven't spoken to each other since she slept with Euron?

This might turn Euron against Cersci if he finds out it's Jamie's baby, or he questions it

19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

To me, the beauty of the books, and the first 4 seasons of the show, was that there was no main villain. Or any clear-cut villain, for that matter. Everyone was shades of gray. Cersei had her reasons for doing everything she did, and every character's actions followed an internal logic that stayed consistent. Some characters were often sadistic and cruel, that's true, including Cersei.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah that's the way i took it at least. I could be wrong. I think jaime is in this place where he feels the need to punish himself by putting his life on the line and that he doesn't deserve happiness and at the same time also always has a sore spot for his brother and sister. The other thing is he could be going for tyrion as well but i really think he's going back for cersei or maybe to try and broker a peace or something. If he changed his ways, he woudl have stayed with brienne. no reason to leave. he's an interesting character in that he's not a good guy, but he has good guy moments and most of his bad guy moments were heavily the doing of cersei