A young man I know just got a call from the Colts!!!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I watched this kid play in Pop Warner. I used to tease his dad by calling the kid "Leon" after the Bud commercials. I watched him play in a small college program and excel. He was truly the big fish in a small pond. Now? He got called by the Colts. His name is Ashton Dulin and the kid is humble and perhaps one of the highest character young people you'll ever meet.

This is proof positive that when there's strong supportive parenting involved, nothing is out of reach for any kid from any background regardless of skin tone, religion or economic status. His parents kept that kid on the path to success and its paying off now. He also has a brother who plays DT/DE again in a small college program.

I've known these people for 20 years and I don't think I've ever seen a more real life example of what good parenting and role examples can do! I'm not a religious person, but God has blessed this family!

Yes folks, good things actually DO happen to good people and hard work pays off in the end.

Cman out...

#1 Cman68, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Nice story! Wishing him success in his career.

egelband and Cman68 like this.
  3. Cman68

Really a classy kid from a classy down to earth family. I only wish more black kids had this kind of stability at home. These folks put in 20 years raising 2 quality young men who know the meaning and value in hard work. Just like their parents.

egelband likes this.
  4. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Hey cman, this is wonderful news. I hope this kid has a long career. It is always exciting to hear of good people doing well in a world where, so often, nice people finish last. Mazel tov to this kid and his family. Please keep us informed on his progress.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Will do... Vultures are already circling the family. Here's where they find out exactly who their friends are and who's a fake.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Horrible that isn't it, I bet they will leave no stone unturned just in case.

Good luck to the lad in the future.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. LindaSpeno

LindaSpeno New Member

Understandable. I try not to let it affect my opinion, because they arent the same person/player, but I can see how youd just dismiss him right off the bat.