Darron Lee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, May 1, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Now watch Lee light it up this year.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

With two new studs in our front seven, a rested Lee coming off the bench should look better than last year.

If his first couple games look like a highlight reel and another team suffers an injury at ILB we could get more value for him.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I doubt he’s on the roster week 1.

It’s even possible that he just gets cut, beat out by better players at the position in training camp

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of Lee being forced to prove his worth this season.

Maybe he’ll be....better.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Darron Lee does NOT look fat to me, in fact he does not look much good to me.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Strong hairstyle though

FJF likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He's not going to get beat out by a rookie special teamer (Cashman), a vet special teamer (Hewitt) and a some undrafted free agents. Logic dictates he'll either be traded or be part of a rotation which he'd be a very strong piece in. I know you hate the guy like he offended your mother but come on.

TonyFtLaud, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First off, my post is in reference to Casey Rodgers, who was absolutely worthless as an defensive coordinator. If you don't think Williams is a huge improvements over the prior DC I just don't know what else to tell you. For that matter, Bowles, who came to us as a defensive guru, did fuck all to fix the Dc incompetence. In addition, I do believe Gase will be far more effective offensively that Bowles because we were about as predictable and stale as you could be. Gase, hate him or not, did a lot more with a lot less and he can actually adjust the play calling on the fly.

#28 LAJet, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  9. BrowningNagle

we will see. There is a new sheriff in town and they drafted Cashman for a reason

10. BroadwayAaron

Agreed. Neville Hewitt should be worried.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Gonna miss him like I miss Quentin Coples

12. BrowningNagle

Hewitt at least plays special teams... Sharon Lee, not so much. I don't make active roster decisions but it seems to me like a backup LB that doesn't play specials doesn't have a spot. But again, we'll see what they decide

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hopefully he plays up his value and we can trade him.

14. BroadwayAaron

A backup LB that covers extremely well and has been misused for his first three years has a spot. I don't think Gregg Williams is an idiot, and although Gase might be even he said Lee was a problem for the Dolphins every time they tried to gameplan. What made Lee a first round pick at Ohio State was basically erased under Bowles and I think the powers that be understand that.

15. BrowningNagle

IF that was the case, and they really do have hopes for Lee, it seems like they would've picked up Lee's 5th year option, right?

...or not spent $85 million for his replacement..
    ...or not drafted yet another replacement as a backup

I'm only sayin the writing is on the wall. And I agree, Gregg Williams is not an idiot. which why they made the moves above

16. BroadwayAaron

They didn't pick up his option because it would have guaranteed him $10 mil next year. Why would you guarantee a guy $10 mil before you even get your hands on him?

You sign Mosley because he's an elite player and you do it regardless of who your other ILBs are. Cashman is a 5th round pick that projects to be a special teamer, he's not drafted to be a replacement. If he ends up being one then we should celebrate.

K'OB likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't speak for others, but in my case, it's more hope than actual belief that he is better. That said, there are some sound reasons to believe that Gase is better or will be better than Bowles. First and foremost, he is a creative offensive mind, so more emphasis will be placed upon the offense. Gase has had success with developing/getting QBs to play better. That is probably the main reason that he was hired (to help Sam develop). Based on what I've read and seen, his ability to game plan is better, and his Miami teams were competitive even with not very good talent, and they beat NE several times. He showed good judgment in hiring a proven DC in G. Williams, whereas Bowles hired and stuck with a close friend (Kasey Rogers) who sucked. He seems more flexible with schemes, systems and alignments, whereas Bowles tried to shove square pegs into round holes.

LAJet likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He is not going to get cut, not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening, traded in a swap deal is my current favourite.

19. BrowningNagle

Well I'd prefer a trade myself too but someone has to want to trade for him

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Also true but nobody knows what has been happening behind the scenes, people may well have offered a cheeky 5th in the draft stages and been turned down, he really is worth more than a 5th for his covering alone, I like him and thought he was improving season on season but I am not happy he got suspended for drug use, it is stupid as a pro athlete and by all accounts it was after other warnings, which just makes it super dumb to get caught.

So I am hoping for a trade or 3rd in next years draft, maybe I am being optimistic but if we play hardball an injury will turn up and make him desirable, the good thing is he is cheap so we can hang on to him for longer than we did with Teddy and hopefully maximise the trade value in our favour.