Avengers: Endgame discussion thread : MASSIVE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by SOXXX2, Apr 26, 2019.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Big Thor fans, I could see being upset about it for sure, but that's the consequences of his actions from Infinity War. He uses laughter and alcohol as a means for getting away from reality. Add the two together and its a complete mental breakdown. Tony had one too, and I thought it was done really well. To me, made total sense to make that move with Thor ... to mentally and physically handicap him. The scene with his mother was pretty cool, and made Dark World a better movie. The 3 on 1 battle he was amazing.

Hemsworth should get a contract extension and hopefully he will be in GOTG3

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

After Thor took Thanos' head off with one stroke, that was it for Bad Thor until the end of the movie. His mom talked some sense into him but in the end, Thor decides to go back to the days of high adventure and leave the leadership position to Valkyrie. Again, feminist gain at the cost of a masculine character. Seems there's no room for both in the MCU.

3. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Him going off on high adventure and being himself, rather than what he was expected to be, was following his mum's advice though, wasn't it?

Cman68 likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I think part of the reason why they didn't fix the Hulk is he would've been too similar to Thanos character. That's what Thanos is ultra powerful, ultra violent yet at the same time patient, controlled and very intelligent.

Hulk still has great physical strength he became patient, controlled but they cut off his balls. Useless character now.

#44 WarriorRB28, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  5. Cman68

Indeed it was.. I guess Asgard needs a full time King/Queen instead of a part timer. Makes sense now.. Looking forward to how Thor fits in with GoTG. Still keeps him off world like he was before Asgard's destruction.

Cidusii and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Which reminds me: I guess Gamora is really dead? Then Guardians Vol. 3 could be about looking for the 2014 Gamora who I guess is still alive? Or maybe they will find a way to reverse her death from the soul stone? Not sure, but the Guardians of the Galaxy would not be the same without her. I do like the addition of Thor: The Asgardians of the Galaxy!

Cman68 likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Russo brothers did an interview during the release in China, they said there is no way to overturn the "soul for a soul" mandate the soul stone requires. My guess is GotG3 is about looking for 2014 Gamora that got stuck in 2023.

8. Cman68

Again, the Time paradox that Marvel strolled into will give them a lot of options as to who to bring back in and when. They can bring back any Avenger at any time now that they know how to use time travel. Geeks like us will ask questions but average Fan will just love the visuals and go to the movies. Marvel pulled off this reboot of the entire MCU and they realize there's a huge amount of cash on the line. They fuck this up with ridiculous shit and the MCU will devolve into just random franchises. Don't be surprised if you see BW come back or even IM make an appearance or two especially if the cash is correct. I do think CA is done though and the search for Gamora will be the focus of the next several GoTG movies.

9. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I had a few nitpicks with Endgame, but overall liked it a lot. I didnt like that everyone who was dusted didn't age, so when Spiderman goes to school, we are to assume that everyone he knew didn't age. Silly.

I did like fat Thor. I think it fit his character perfectly and didn't really take away from his fighting ability.

I did not like Professor Hulk. As World War Hulk is one of my favorite comics, angry Hulk is my favorite Hulk and he just didn't get to do much in this movie.

Those were my only complaints, movie was somehow a little slow, but still didnt' feel like 3 hours. Time travel is tricky and I think they mostly pulled it off. Only questions taht remain are 2014 Gamora, where is Loki in the alternate universe and although it makes some sense, how did old Cap get to the bench at the end and what did he do in the alternate reality while he was there?

Loki has a show coming up and GOTG3 will be out in 2-3 years, so we'll likely know the answer to at least two of those.

Oh yeah, last nit pick that I forgot, Cap returning the stones. Forget that Red Skull is there on Vormir, how exactly do you "return" the soul stone?

10. The Dark Knight

Yeah, that is a great question. I assume we will never find out. How do you return the stone to Asgard too? Did Cap have to inject it back into Natalie Portman? Questions like that don't add up, but like I said in my first review: you just have to go with some things in Endgame.

11. phubbadaman

Ha. I hadn't even seen that one brought up. How would you return the reality stone/aether?

As you said, it isn't really my problem, and it doesn't bother me that much. I liked the movie, I'm likely seeing it with the wife again on Saturday and I'll be purchasing as soon as it is available.

12. NYJFOREVER

The way they explained time travel in the MCU is that you cannot change the past, you can only go to the past and create an alternate timeline or reality. The main MCU timeline won't have BW in it anymore, although I did hear we were going to get a BW movie but I'd imagine it would be a prequel.

13. Cman68

I wonder what the backstory is on BW. She was one of my favs..

14. NYJFOREVER

Agreed, I want to find out what the red in her ledger is.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

I get Hawkeye had a family, but we all agree that we would have preferred for him to go over the edge instead of Black Widow! :D:cool:

A prequel film about a character who has already died is interesting. I am sure Marvel will have some twist to make it make sense.

matt robinson 17 and Cman68 like this.
  16. Cman68

A little known factoid.. I believe there is only 1 actor who ever starred in both a Marvel and a DC movie as a hero. Anyone wanna take a guess who that is?

17. phubbadaman

Is it Keaton?

18. Cman68

Jason Momoa.. He was Aquaman and he was Conan the Barbarian.

19. The Dark Knight

It's a little bit of a stretch, but technically true, as Conan is a Marvel comic too. Don't think that movie is related to Marvel but I haven't seen it.
    Yeah, Keaton as Batman and The Vulture.

Nicole Kidman was in Batman Forever and Aquaman, but both are DC.

Willem Dafoe was in Spider-Man and Aquaman, so he was in both too.

Chris Evans was Captain America and The Human Torch. Haha.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. The Dark Knight

This looks really good. Had to post in here though because the trailer itself has MASSIVE SPOILERS from Endgame.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  21. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Far from Home looks pretty good, but Homecoming wasn’t very interesting though the actor is a great Parker/Spidey.

Enter the Spider-Verse is the best Spiper-Man movie and I used to rank Spider-Man 2 as the best comic book movie behind The Dark Knight and X-2.