2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We are getting out played BADLY we need to win the 3rd period and get out of dodge with a win

2. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Lehner has come very close several times to doing something like what he just did.... he finally fucked it up

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Real bad decision by Lehner. The better team is winning.

I guess Greiss will get his chance to play in game 4, not that I expect it will matter all that much. Like I said, the better team is winning.

CBG likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

5. statjeff22

I don't mind that they're being outplayed, but they don't look like they're even trying very hard this period.

Ralebird and CBG like this.
  6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

the last few mins have been horrendous....

JetBlue, stinkyB and CBG like this.
  7. stinkyB

Now or never

8. statjeff22

And that's the game, and that's the series.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

it's over.... they look like they have nothing left. The 3rd goal took whatever they had left.

10. statjeff22

Islanders have lost EVERY battle this game. That's an embarrassing performance.

stinkyB and CBG like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

When it was 2-2 we were lucky to be in the game,,,,they let us hang around. Islanders totally outplayed tonight the better team kicked our ass. I have to admit that as good as the Canes played I am shocked at the effort the Islanders gave as they looked like the quit .

12. stinkyB

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

A lot of people will try to rationalize this season as a success but the way we’ve lost these games ruins the season for me. Every weakness of this team just became glaring in this series and it makes me feel the team was more fortunate than good to be here.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Isles lack having those go to guys.
    They have nobody to equal the likes of vets - Staal and Williams.

Svechnikov without hitting the scoresheet was one of the best forwards all night.

I hope some of you guys can realize that Jacob Slavin is a f ing beast and one of the most underrated defenseman in the league - legitimate Norris quality.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. stinkyB

Hard to disagree.... Just such a bummer

On a personal not my brother is flying down for the weekend.... "We can fish and watch the isles at night"... Well... Thunderstorms all weekend and now the isles series has been neutered. :(

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is something the Hurricanes do to their opponent. I don't know how they have pulled it off, but they are impressive. I am still trying to figure it out. Hats off to Rod Brind'Amour too. He has coached this team really well. Tonight is their 5th straight win and improves their home record to 4-0. As a Caps fan or an Islanders fan, you try to figure out what is wrong with your team, but it looks like the Hurricanes are just really good. And as @Section 336 said, they have been playing this way since January.

Section 336 and CBG like this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jet Blue it aint over yet but its not looking good at all right now,,,,,,THAT SAID we all knew this teams short comings. We knew they lacked scorers and finishers and some like me knew the power play would be ONE if not THE major weakness come playoff time. Don't hang your head even if and when they lose this series as we are playing with house money it was a great season and a fun ride. Again its NOT over yet as I will give props to 336 and his Canes as they kicked our ass tonight and deserved to win this game. That said 1 game at a time and theres still a game 4 to play,,,I hope our guys put the effort in as tonight although the Canes out played us and deserved to win some of our guys flat out quit and ps Hickey should not dress for game 4 the guy is a total liability out there and I would not blame Lehner he has played great although he looked shaky at times tonight but I do not blame him for the 3rd goal it was a great play they made-----> Lehner is the reason we are where we are right now but the team needs some type of kick in the ass I would think about starting Griess especially since he has played well against them in the past. Maybe dress Dalcolle and shake up the lines slightly it can't hurt at this point,,,c ya for game 4. Congrats on the win again 336

Section 336 and JetBlue like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

They are really good but they are very beatable this series is WAYYYYYYY closer than the 3-0 indicates. Canes do a good amount of clutching and grabbing but they get away with it and when they don't we can't score on the power play. That said the Canes Power Play is worse than ours and IF they do advance that could be there downfall. Still a game 4 to play lets see what happens

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed. Take it one game at a time now. Winning 4 in a row won't be easy, but win Game 4, take it back to Brooklyn, and see what happens.

CBG likes this.
  20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

most of the time I'd agree but they way they were playing after allowing the 3rd goal... they looked lost and defeated

CBG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.