Rosen, Darnold, Allen - Part II

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, May 1, 2019.

1. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

The only problem is that both of them have the exact same SB record: 0-1. That is unless Eason bummed around as a backup on another SB bound team that I’m not remembering, but even then it wouldn’t have been him leading a team to the promised land.

How about this: this time hopefully we get Elway and they get Kenny O’Brien? Or Eason. Or Blackledge. Yea, Blackledge sounds good to me....

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I’m stunned the Giants didn’t make this move as well, but part of that is I was hoping that if Rosen was traded it would be to anyone but the Pats, Dolphins, or Bills. I have to say that I’m bummed Rosen is in the division and playing for the hated Fins to boot. It is stupid, I know, but there are so few Jewish athletes to root for (which is so surprising given how we are all such model physical specimens.... for instance, I have an amazingly strong right wrist from reading, turning pages.... and other stuff). I just can’t root for him to succeed now, but it would’ve been nice to see the new Bernie Kosar or something like that.

#62 Aewhistory, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the Giants didn't make the deal for Rosen because they wanted to draft a QB to develop and learn from Eli Manning and they know that Rosen is not the "learning from others" type

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You base that on what exactly? You do know he was forced to start last year when the Cards decided to dump Bradford.

I'm sort of tired of the mischaracterizations of Rosen based on absolute BS.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

But from what you hear, Eli is not very interested in teaching or hand-holding. He wants to play. (Like Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Brady etc) That thought lends credence to the theory that Gettleman reached for Jones because Jones was a Manning QB camp participant and is known by the Manning family. He's hoping Eli "gives" a little and is not an ass about it.

K'OB and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Without someone pushing him he's got a shot at another 20 million pay day.

7. I question his ability to be a leader on & off of field.

I was a big fan leading up to last draft but he lost me when he literally never once mentioned his teammates in the pre draft process.And believe me..i watched everything i could find bc i loved the kid..but hes a me first player at a team first position.

He also looks like a deer in headlights & stiff as a board outside the tackle box. Great arm talent though.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I just don’t think Rosen is going to be that good. I don’t love his demeanor and he has very few “wow” plays.

Even when they are struggling, Darnold and Allen both make plenty of “wow” plays.

My hope is that the dolphins commit to Rosen past this year and forgo any chance to draft Tua.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hear ya, and I hope so too. I'll be there!

BUT....

Sophomore QB hoping to transition into year 2

New superstar RB in Bell who's never ran a single play with this team/O-line.

New slot receiver who's never caught a pass from Sam

New TE to work with Herndon in 2 TE sets, and new TE to run the show alone with when he's the only TE on the field, including picking up blocks for Bell. He has catching ability too, so I'm sure Sam will lob some pigskin his way, again, for the first time.

New lineman shuffling in and out. Maybe even a new Center.

Defense has a new QB in CJ Mosley and a new force to be reckoned with playing along side Big Cat, while Polite subs in on passing downs. We'll also (most likely) have a new DB in the mix to play with Adams. All of these upgrades will take time to gell.

Bottom line is the Jets will probably be one of the most improved teams, starting after our early bye week.

I'd love for the team to start hot in August/earl Sept, but I also expect them to start to gell and pound teams in the 2ns half of the season!

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Stiff outside the tackle box, fair. Me first player you don't have a clue. It's a characterization that doesn't hold water. I saw this guy from day one in Arizona until the day he left. Fitzgerald, who is probably the most professional NFL player in the league had nothing but praise for him as a teammate.

The whisper campaign against Josh has been pretty ugly on several levels. I'm tired of hearing it. Talk about his ability fine.

legler82 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

He needs to be challenged intellectually so he doesn’t get bored. He’s a millennial. He wants to know why,” Josh Rosen's college coach and former NFL coach Jim Mora told the Sports Illustrated. “Millennials, once they know why, they’re good. Josh has a lot of interests in life. If you can hold his concentration level and focus only on football for a few years, he will set the world on fire."

Rosen responded publicly with one answer and an emoji. (tweet)
    "Why? [emoji]"

--

That about sums it up. the Giants would've been acquiring a guy they hoped to have sit and learn from Eli Manning and he has trouble concentrating if he gets bored... not a good combo.

I mean I hate the Giants, I hate the Fish and now I hate Rosen, but I certainly understand the Giants reasoning there

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

That's true, good post, Eli isn't a teacher type either. Didn't realize Jones went to Manning camp. SMH. Well I hope its all a disaster for both the Giants and the Dolphins

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You realize Mora backtracked big time when he thought his comment was being misconstrued.

The 56-year-old Mora, who was fired by UCLA last year, also once again emphasized that he views Darnold as a better fit in Cleveland, not necessarily a better quarterback. And he said that Rosen's need to understand why he's doing something is a positive attribute.

"This guy is going to have the ball in his hands every single down, and you want him to have a complete understanding of what you're asking him to do and why you're asking him to do it," Mora said on NFL Network. "If he just goes along for the ride, that's not full commitment. And I think what you're going to get with this guy is full commitment.

"Hopefully we can all put it to bed. Do I think (Rosen) is the best quarterback in the draft? No. I think he's the best player in the draft."

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

I do and I personally don't care about the backtracking after he likely got a call from Rosen's agency..... the Giants evidently didn't care either

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm not particularly worried about either, but if I had to pick one to be more worried about it's gotta be Allen. Allen is already a freak athlete, imagine if he learns how to throw the ball?

16. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought Allen is a RB, are the Bills going to try him at Qb this year??

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That RB lining up behind center won more games in less attempts last year than our starting QB. Sooooooo there’s that

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

With the 2nd ranked defense. As opposed to 22nd ranked. Probably shouldn't leave that part out.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Seems to me the RB helped as that 2nd ranked defense won only 1 other game without him. Also seems to me that his team’s investment on defense however large it may be is working better than what we’re doing.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Like UCLA vs USC in college Rosen will get the stats ...Darnold will get the Win:)