Report: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on the hot seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fins under Gase have performed much better late in games in comparison to the Jets w/ Bowles. When I find the stat I will post it here.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Jets should be improved this year both on the field and in the Win column. I'd say 7-9 or 8-8, with an outside chance at 9-7.Will that get us in the playoffs? Probably not.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I have a mandate for Mikey Mac this year: Its simply we make the playoffs or you are fired. That should be the message. I am done accepting anything less as the answer.

NYJetsO12, legler82 and JetsNation06 like this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If someone could have ruined Mahomes, he wouldn’t be the prospect I thought he was. Stidham is a guy I fear could have gotten ruined depending on where he landed. Mahomes is not that guy.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do you think we are?

Rebuilding means getting blocks in place, these blocks are now in place and we move forward trying to fill in the other pieces that are missing, hopefully we can have a decent season but I won't be killing myself if we don't as I think we are a season and a number 1 WR, top centre, left tackle and CB from being challengers.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If they play tough in every game, and are in the hunt up until the whistle blows on the last day, I could see Macc staying. But if the guys he's picked up and the CS fall flat, then he has to go.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. K'OB

Bowles would have ruined him, you only have to look at Petty, not in Mahomes class obviously but he was left a gibbering wreck by the end of his Jets tenure, that is the Bowles and his QB coaches effect for you, I am sure they would have managed to ruin the young lad no problem at all.

8. legler82

You still haven’t answered the question. If THIS was the year we were supposed to make the playoffs shouldn’t the probability now increase now that we’ve theoretically improved the roster and CS? You are saying because Bowles was bad last year THIS year we will not make the playoffs. You are already blaming missing the playoff THIS YEAR on the guy we fired?!?!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. K'OB

I had already edited as it wasn't NFL.com but now I can't remember who it was lol I seen it earlier when we were talking as I looked for something else.

Also those above ratings are just somebodies opinion and not set in stone :)

10. legler82

I think the Jets think they are.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Of course, I feel better this year then last ... If we don't win 8 to 9 games this year, then injuries came about or something else is seriously wrong. Bowles and the CS held the team back big time last year. You can add Mac to that as well, but I consider him 3rd on that list.

12. K'OB

That is as much avoidance as you suggested 101 was making to you lol

I don't think we are if that matters one cent lol

Next year for me.

13. legler82

Petty was trash that had nothing to do with Bowles.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

For whatever reason most sites and media outlets don't grade too harshly when it comes to the draft. I've checked a ton of different draft grades on several sites and most go pretty easy on all 32 teams, meaning a lot of A's and B's. Most are not true critical evaluations IMO.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

I know...the proof will be seen on the field, and again I don't want to speak for Biggs but I think what he was trying to do was apply some reality to all the "This was a great draft!" cheering. That's where I was coming from. I'm not going to do an exhaustive search to look at all the ratings, but I think it's fair to say that the Jets' division rivals also improved a lot, and perhaps even more than the Jets did - again according to opinions.:)

16. legler82

I don’t think the roster is good enough THIS YEAR and that’s Mac’s fault NOT Bowles’ coaching LAST YEAR.

The fact that they think they are contending but we as fans have lower expectations because of what we see of the roster is telling and reason enough to fire Mac who is clearly over his head.

Am I still avoiding?

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. K'OB

That isn't fully true, he looked like he could throw a ball, as evidenced by the fact he set Robby up for a chance in the first team with those bombs, by the time he got a chance in the first team he could barely throw the ball and I dare say he wasn't allowed to throw the ball long, just in case he made a mistake, so they made him try all manner of short shit and he was crap at that but they kept on and on and on, until he was just a bag of nerves and ruined.

Anyway, not a single person will change your mind, but I ask you what is the point of still going over and over about it, it is long gone, it doesn't matter now, it won't change moving forward the guy is a Chief and will be for a long time, get behind your own QB with the same passion, it isn't like Sam hasn't shown something in his first year as a rookie, Mahomes was still holding a clipboard ;)

Off to bed now cya later :)

18. legler82

If you think Petty was ruined because of coaching then our player evaluation differ tremendously and there’s not much else for us to discuss. Sweet dreams!

19. K'OB

Fuck me man, I thought we cleared this up earlier?

I never said it was a good draft, it had nothing to do with the damned draft, the timeline is such a simple thing I can't believe it has led to this confusion for 6 hours, Biggs quoted the post with a wrong assumption of the meaning and you joined in off the back of what he said and are still saying it, despite all my best efforts to tell you, you barked up the wrong tree on the meaning of it.

My post was simply to say he has been rebuilding for 3 seasons not 5, really it was that simple, nothing absolutely nothing else to do with drafts, how good or bad Mac is, none of that just how long we had been rebuilding for lol

Now I am going to bed and a vein has started to throb in my forehead and her upstairs will think I have been rowing with you Americans again :p

20. ColoradoContrails

It doesn't matter as far as which QB is where, but it DOES matter in terms of evaluating Macc. His decision to pass over Mahomes set this team back at least two years and possibly more, and that's being conservative. If you had watched tape of Mahomes in college, and then what he's done so far, you should be able to see that while he might not have had the success he's had under Reid, he most certainly would've succeeded here. If he was holding a clipboard his first year here. that would've been grounds for firing Bowles a year sooner than he was.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.