Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

So is "winter coming" independent of the walkers being eradicated? I.E. the perpetual season, winter, is still coming?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m going to cross thread with the Francesca thread here

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

from what i seen, anyone not the NK was basically a mindless drone wiating for his command. None of the others showed any ability to think or act or be aware that i seen unless i missed something. The scene in the library was the foreshadowing to show how good she is at sneaking by them, then her "not today" and walking off to the war drums after that and the lord of the light serving his purpose to save her so no longer being brought back it was all foreshadowing to show she was going to sneak by and land the killing blow.

I don't see any way she "wins" her only claim to it was birthright which was taken away last episode anyway with john learning he has the birthright. now he may not want it but that leads more towards sansa and tyrion (since they are married and all technically) and of course there is cersei

she dumb lol

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There is a hierarchy that the Night King is at the top of. He is the leader, then there are The Lieutenant White Walkers, and then the Wights, who are the mindless "zombie" army.

There was a scene a couple seasons ago where they showed a Lieutenant Walker who led the siege on Hardhome. He was just as intelligent as the Night King, just not as powerful. The Night King was the original White Walker, which is what makes him over 8,000 years old and leader of them all.

Here is a photo of that Lieutenant Walker. He is definitely more intelligent and at a higher level than the others:

[​IMG]

TonyFtLaud and GasedAndConfused like this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It was her blade. Dropped it with one hand, caught it with the other.

NYJetsO12 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

good call. i forgot about that one. he did have a couple of intelligent people with him. I wish we had more backstory to NK but honestly they may be saving it for one of the prequals/spinoffs planned. it sems he was either a stark (most likely) or targry and all we know is a stark stabbed him with valyrian steel which created him and he spent all his time building an army and waiting for winter to come so he can attack and wipe out humanty and all human records

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

She first met him in Season 2. She released him from captivity, he killed a few people in return and then gave Arya the coin which got her to Braavos to become a faceless man. You have to wonder if he wasn't sent there deliberately to meet her given his powers and how things have turned out.

8. GasedAndConfused

she actually did that "move" in another scene a few seaosns back. i think IIRC it was training with lady/sir brianne lol

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

But can he play center? :D

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

Lots of things we're replayed from prior episodes.
    The Giant fell and died in the same spot that he originally died. One of the best scenes IMO. Lyanna was a little badass.
    Aryas line to Sansa, stick him with the pointy end, was the same line Jon told her when he gave her needle.
    The fight with Arayas staff had the same move she used vs the Waif too.

FJF, GasedAndConfused and Falco21 like this.
  11. Falco21

Well there is a lot of speculation that he is Targaryen. Able to ride a dragon and obviously can survive fire.

There was a small backstory where they showed where he came from. Created by the children of the forest who captured him and stuck a dagger in his chest, thus turning his eyes blue. They did it to protect themselves from man cutting down their sacred trees and killing their people. I remember Bran telling the story and them showing it. That's what started the "Long Night" which he fled and hid in the land of endless winter for thousands of years.

It would be really cool to delve into these types of stories for a spinoff. There is SO MUCH that can be done.

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

He was made with dragon glass by the children of nature.

13. Falco21

You are correct! Actually, him and Arya come in contact for the first time in Season 1. I forgot about that!

14. Falco21

This is the scene!!

Could be a very cool back story to do. Would be interesting to see where his bloodline originated from. Something tells me it is Targaryen

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

HBO has ordered the pilot for this very prequel. Another was cancelled a couple days ago but this one seems to be happening. I don't think he's Targaryen. Story goes much further back to first man. Maybe being made of dragon glass has to do with the fire. He rode a dead dragon which he controlled after rising it. Should be an interesting back story.
    Funny thing, I really dislike the whole fantasy genres, midevil type stuff but this show totally hooked me in

Falco21 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

yeah that was a great scene for sure this season. giving her that brutald eath but pulling the whole "david taking down goliath" thing with the little kid taking down a giant with a knife to the eyeball

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

originally the theory was he was a stark, but then with the fire resistance he could be a targaryn or just one of his power since he can apparently only die by valyrian steel in a exact spot. but john is a targyran and has been burned before so who knows lol

18. Falco21

Well technically my comment on immunity to fire was actually not specific to Targaryen blood, but rather a power Daenrys seems to have, considering she is labeled the "mother of dragons". Remember, her brother, who was Targaryen, was able to burn. As was Jon Snow, as you stated. So immunity to fire seems to be something Daenerys only has and not a trait that follows Targaryen blood

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Fun fact about this walker... The actor that plays this walker is now the actor that plays the Night King.

20. Falco21

Oh that's cool!

I did not know that! Amazing what makeup can do today! They look incredible