Report: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on the hot seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Gun shy? C'mon Kurt ... Mac just like the scouting department over in Houston doesn't value an offensive line ... it took for Watson to not be able to go on a flight due to a chest injury to finally realize, hey we need an offensive line?

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Maybe he surprises us and signs Wisniewski or Sullivan.

K'OB and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Rumors," "supposedly," "he's very unhappy" or he was slightly miffed? If you were expecting dinner to be served you'd be really unhappy with these three little pieces of lettuce. If MacCagnan doesn't move fast enough for Gase, I'm good with that; the Jets don't need the guy holding the wallet making hasty decisions that can have a long term effect. So far Gase has proven nothing here and his experience in Miami certainly is no confidence builder.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So you're okay setting Gase up to fail because he's proven nothing but we hired him to get wins out of the roster.

Gase's resume blows Mac's away.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

When Parcell's came to the Jets after his first season when he brought in Curtis Martin the other guy he brought in was Kevin Mawae. We got Bell, where is the game changing player in the middle of our line?

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Of course I'm just spitballing, I'm not in Mac's head. But he's repeatedly said his draft philosophy is best player available, and he prioritizes that above team needs. He has drafted a few edge rushers, but they were mid to late round picks, where you don't expect to find future starters (plus I don't consider Jenkins an edge rusher). And he's barely drafted offensive linemen at all. While I agree he's also failed to evaluate talent properly, I think he doesn't fully grasp positional value (or diminishing returns for that matter).

themorey, Jets81, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  7. Ralebird

The only one setting Gase up to fail is Gase himself. The Jets were not getting Paradis unless they moved to Omaha or somewhere else out in flyover land. For Gase to go to battle over that shows he's not really in touch with reality. Of course, he'd like to have him but he has to learn that he can't always get what he wants. Gase failed as a coach and as an administrator in his only chance so far. We haven't even seen what kind of quarterback whisperer he really is yet. Let him accomplish something before he attempts to takeover the world.

8. Osemele.

Now granted hes not as good as Mawae was at that time..but Osemele is still an all pro guard.

Still Parcells also signed Todd Burger to start at LG & drafted Jason Fabini and acouple other OL from that class who didnt stick.

NYJetsO12, BacktoQueens and Biggs like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there is also the part about

"Even two different league sources told Pro Football Talk that, “after the draft, Maccagnan could be relieved of his duties.”
    the site doens't matter, look at the sources in the site. all major sources that work for major media, ESPN, and NFL.com and are trusted insiders

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]
    Just left of center

BacktoQueens and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He's record blows Mac away. Gase actually has a playoff game under his belt and his winning percentage is more than 10 percent higher than Mac's.

You're acting like Gase came to a winning organization where he's going to learn how to create a winning culture. Gase, as much as you hate him, is the winning culture on the NY Jets.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I guess it’s safe to say this rumor was false, would think today would’ve been the day if there was any truth behind this. Sorry Mac haters, guess you gotta root for the Jets to lose a lot this year.

13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

If we don’t make playoffs he should be fired. I’m done accepting 3rd class results: he had the cap space this is his team: you don’t make the playoffs this year and your fired. That should be the message

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yeah but there is no proof of that, hard proof, Mac has stated it was a little tiff if even that, so at this moment you have to believe that, plenty of people jus tlove to deal in rumours and the clicks it brings to their site/feeds or whatever platform they are on.

After this season is over Man City will be signing 60 players, nailed on fact, right about until August when we will have signed 4 maybe lol these rumours fall into that bracket, "sources" sometimes = a huge pile of made up crap :)

Of course if he is sacked next week then we will know their is an inside source hiding somewhere lol

15. GasedAndConfused

no "rumor mill" ever has hard proof. it's always an "anonymous source" form a trusted insider. if they told the source, they would lose the source. people like lombarid, cimini, glazer and basically anyone working for nfl.com, espn, fox etc are all pretty legit insiders and friends with a lot fo players and coahces and whatnot

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But when you have a guy with an axe to grind like Lomabardi the source becomes illegitimate or untrustworthy, we will just have to wait and see, if he is sacked before the season then the rumours were true, if not then they are lying shitbags trying to stir shit, then you have to ask why they are trying to stir shit?

17. GasedAndConfused

i don't believe the rumor myself, i'm just saying he is a legit source. it's not like it came from incarceratedbob or some random dude on twitter

Jets81 likes this.
  18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

USC used predominantly spread sets. He was just as much a spread QB as any. His footwork was worse than Mahomes and he is ust as much of a gambler. So Mac passed on one “risk” to trade up for another.

With regards to Stidham, I said the gap took a hit not that it was closed. I posted several times going back was going to be a mistake (see below). What I was and still am high on with regards to Stidham was his attributes (size, arm, feet, athleticism, intelligence, accuracy...etc.). Unlike Mahomes, who I thought was destined to be at least good regardless where he was drafted, Stidham future success would always be predicated on coaching IMO. He didn’t get it at Auburn. You’d be hard pressed to find better coaching in the NFL than the Patriots. His talent in combination with where he was drafted is why I expressed that opinion.

19. Ralebird

First of all, I don't hate Gase or anyone else based on something as stupid as football. Anyone who does needs to reevaluate their outlook on life.

I'm not "acting" like the Jets organization is anything, I'm specifically talking about Adam Gase. Until he proves otherwise Gase is nothing more than this year's version of Jeremy Bates. You can claim he is "the winning culture on the NY Jets" but that is simply wishful thinking. The culture of the Jets, like it or not, is losing and Gase's history is also of losing. Those are not opinions, those are facts.

20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Ralebird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.