Still no pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

You implied the same baseless thing I did with your baseless reply

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We have four.

Adams
    Mosely
    Quinnten
    Polite

Q & P will get the most. A & M will get their share on blitzes.

If you are a QB (Brady) you will not want to face the Jets' front 7. It will be a long, long day.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This draft added interior and edge pressure..... one good CB from having a potentially NASTY defense (if Marcus Maye has been eating stemcells with his wheaties)

FJF likes this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Ahhh yes, the emotional thread before what made you emotional actually ended.

Works only sometimes

FJF likes this.
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im glad to see that there are some folks who didnt like the pick... i know why they did i just wish they hadnt done it. it was SAFE, he has the highest likelyhood of being a good player of all the dl/de/olbs in the draft. but as was pointed out we have been down this road too many fucking times in the past 10 years. really since dwayne robertson. these guys are great, the best one we have had in that time was snacks and we let him go. they are inside gap control guys. they are not warren sapp. there are not many warren sapps in the world.

i would have much preferred they took a chance on a kid like allen who has the potential to be a game changer, he can rush and can cover and COULD be a guy that dominates. an inside guy can dominate the run game, but to dominate the passing game is far more difficult and they are far easier to bottle up.

it is what it is though, hopefully polite who looks like a pretty good prospect can become that guy we havent seen since mark gastineau.

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Not excusing why this franchise hasn’t gone edge for like 12 years, but pressure up the middle has been getting recognition for being more effective in terms of disrupting the QB. I think what we did was the right thing. We got a guy who can pressure up the middle and we got a guy who can come off the edge. Also maybe Gregg Williams can unlock Leonard Williams real potential. I am so excited to see this front 7 this year!

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Mac goes safe with the first pick. Then he goes risky after Round 1 when he would've been much better going the safer route with those picks and find some real starters at Center, Corner, and even WR possibly. Instead he completely neglects those positions. To make it worse he trades back when he had some solid OL and CB options staring him in the face and traded to get some gimpy corner from Rutgers who will be McDougle part 2. Senseless!

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Highlight reels are just that...highlights.

But Q's reel shows a few nice things that stand out no matter what the competition level.

Quickness
    Leverage
    Technique
    Speed
    Vision
    Pursuit

He kinda reminds me of Joe Klecko.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

More likely Dewayne Robertson, you forgetting this is the Jets? I'd be happy for at least one of these 1st round Defensive lineman to pan out, we've wasted enough picks on them

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

We just added two pass rushers in Polite from the outside and Williams up the gut.

Williams, even as an inside presence still finished with 10+ more QB pressures than that of the 2nd place runner up. He's beastly up the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.