Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed that! Still have a personal preference towards Episode 2, and the Battle of the Bastards, but that was damn epic.

I am a bit surprised at how abrupt that all was in the end though! Just the single episode to cover their fight with the key bad guy of the whole series. Figured this would last longer, with maybe a bit more revealed! Is the Night King a Targaryen do you think?? He survived the fire, and can ride dragons.

2. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I’d argue he was never the key bad guy. He was cool and what not, but this show was always more about the game of thrones, not zombie apocalypse.

sackexchange likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

“Winter is coming” - main theme of the show since episode 1

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Best scene of the show last night..he grabs her throat and his blade falls for her to stab him..excellent!!

Arya comes out of nowhere to kill the Night King..how did she get there??

Last time I remember she was running for her life down some passage ways..how did she get outside?

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The Red Woman told her, "what do we say to death? Not today"

And then she took off.

I have a feeling she had the face of a night walker on. Remember they showed one of the leaders sense the wind blow which I'm assuming was her passing by them. She likely got that close posing as a walker.

Her character is so fuckin bad ass

sackexchange and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think she had the face of the one she stabbed in the chin trying to sneak out of the library

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. Falco21

That's possible. But I definitely think she had a face on

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes you'll shut forever

MoWilkBeast, GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Also Edd from the knights watch

10. GasedAndConfused

dragon survived. if you watch the after credits where they show the next week trailer both dragons are alive and well

also can we take 1 moment to point out how useless and stupid dany is? all she did was ruin every plan and fuck up anything she had to do, almost got john and both of her dragons killed, got jorah killed, ruined the who plan, not to mention gave the night king a dragon in the 1st place and hell even john rides a dragon better then her after 1 time and she's been doing it for years. she can't fight, she can't lead, she cant plan. all she has is her "but muh birthright" which she doens't even have anymore because john has the birthright

sackexchange and FJF like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

i thought that was going to be it but she didn't she just snuck by them. the library scene was the foreshadowing to that to show how she can sneak by them and they arne't that smart and just react to sounds and orders. I expected her to be one of them standing next to him to stab him in the back, but she wans't. she just snuck by

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Would not have been at all mad if Khaleesi was killed off last night. Could not agree more about everything you said. Aside from yelling "Drakharis" once in a while, she is pretty useless. Basically, the Aquaman of the dragon world.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

i mean lets do a full rundown since you agree so others can see it

1) marches the dothraki into their death and basically genocide of their species right at the beginning. poor planning you don't do a war charge unless you want to demoralize and push back the enemy. they are outnumbered like 20 to 1 at least and the dead dont' have any self preservation to want to retreat so pointless.

2) after doing that, she abandons the plan of waiting to draw out the night king so ehr and john can tag team him 2 to 1 dragons. which leads to john having to fight the NK 1 on 1 which leads to his dragon getting beat up and running off after the battle to heal. she comes in at the last 2nd to save him and help fend off dead dragon

3) she knows NK has his super spear throw that kills her dragons in 1 shot, yet she hovers directly over him to burn him. he laughs like that it and she has to as usual run off and almost got her 2nd dragon killed

4) she sits on the ground with the dragon while he is getting stabbed by all the dead dudes to the point where the dragon is like fuck this and flys off and shakes her off. she's just letting the dragon get stabbed over and over lol the dragon is smarter then her

5) her actions again lead to jorah dying to protect her dumb useless ass

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but where has the emotional weight of the show been throughout every season?

Don’t get me wrong: the battle had to happen, of course. But this is the right order. Killing the NK is great. People will cheer out loud when Cersei bites it.

15. Falco21

Agreed but remember, the army the Night King put together is not the same as the leaders of that army. They don't seem to be as stupid as the people they raise from the dead. She definitely snuck by them, which is why they showed the breeze pick up and the one leader sensed something was happening, but I think she may have had a face on to get to the point where she could then sneak by and kill him.

Maybe we will find out more about how she did it. If not, it leaves it up to the viewer to decide, which is still pretty cool.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. Falco21

I have been saying this for years. She is not built to lead. She does not have the forethought or brains to be a leader. She thinks solely with her heart and makes dumb rash decisions that have cost many people their lives. I used to like her a lot more, but in the past 2 seasons she has really irked me with the shit she says and does.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have not seen every season so I assume Arya has special powers to pose as a walker? I thought she was a Princess/family member/amazon fighter?

#2137 NYJetsO12, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yes.

Also, why land the dragon after saving Snow? That alone cost J his life.

19. Falco21

She partnered with a man back in Season 5 and 6 named Jaqen H’ghar. He was what they called a "faceless man". It started after she first met him when his face changed completely after looking away and back at her. She was dumbfounded and wanted to know what his power was and how he did what he did. She goes through a long phase of training to have that power where she basically has to assume the title of being what they call "no one". She has no name, no identity, nothing, if she wants to be granted the power.

It's a long story but basically she can assume the role of people and look EXACTLY like them and talk like them. She did it last season to kill the man who instructed the Red Wedding scene and basically wiped out the rest of her family.

MoWilkBeast, TonyFtLaud and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Dany will be the final villain in the series. She will become just like her father, despite her always mentioning she will never rule the same way as her father.