Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah they have 4 spin offs in the works. i know one of them centers around the targaearyn family long ago so should have lots of dragons at least lol

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Anything would be better than Tony Soprano blinking as the door of the restaurant opened.

Seriously, there are about a dozen people who could wind up on the throne when the dust settles. In that situation just about everybody is going to be disappointed unless Aegon marries Sansa and Tyrion is their hand. Well, most people would be disappointed with that as well.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think that Cersei and the fleet will get destroyed by the Night King on a dragon, while Winterfell fights the dead.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Then Cersi becomes the Night Queen and the final episode ends with her,Night King and the new dead army heading for the survivors at Winterfell..,

5. TonyFtLaud

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What an Ending! Chilling!

GasedAndConfused and Cappy like this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

Kind of like Macs drafts

sackexchange and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That was intense. Went by really fast too. Now what happens............?

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

I guess we find out who died , then plan for the last war vs Cersi. Next week will be slow after this..

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Unless I'm completely mistaken, I'll find out tonight again when I re-watch the episode, but the only ones who died are:

Lyana Mormont
    The Lord of Light
    Theon Greyjoy
    Jorah Mormont
    The Red Woman

At the end they showed the main characters still living after Arya killed The Night King

11. Falco21

Now they attack Cersci. Only concern I have is that they lost a LARGE part of their army. I'm super happy that both dragons survived. I CAN NOT WAIT to see Cersci's face when they start attacking

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What happened to Ghost after the first 5 minutes :mad::mad:

sackexchange and FJF like this.
  13. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Did Rhaegal survive? I lost track of him after Jon was thrown off (I'm assuming that was Drogon at the end, and that he'll live).

Good ep. Not great, the way Blackwater, Watchers on the Wall, and Hardhome were, but pretty much what I expected, for better or worse. This is the result of creating an enemy that is too large and powerful to defeat, but which also cannot be allowed to win. My only complaint is that I think more main characters should've died, especially the ones that were at the front of the battle, had everyone beside and behind them get slaughtered, were surrounded multiple times, but somehow lived (Brienne, Jaime, Gendry, Tormund, etc).

So. Dany's Dothraki riders were massacred, her Unsullied took the brunt of the initial charge and look to be in bad shape as well (did Grey Worm survive?). Dragons are decisive but she still needs soldiers, and I don't see how she has enough manpower to take King's Landing now, especially now that Cersei has 20k mercs. Looks like Cersei's plan to let the dead soften Dany's army up worked like a charm.

14. TonyFtLaud

What about those in the crypts?
    Tyrion? Gilly and little Sam? He doesn't appear in the trailer. Varys is beside Danny when she makes her speech.
    Still lots of others unaccounted for.
    Sam? Brianne and Jamie? Little Worm? I don't recall seeing any of them at the end.
    I'm definitely gonna watch it again too.

15. Falco21

I just looked it up and those are the main ones that died. They didn't list any of the main characters you said. I guess anything is possible, obviously with this show, but I think they all came out safe

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. Falco21

I think his dragon survived. I guess that's another unanswered question, but her dragon was the one that was in most danger when he was attacked and he survived. I'm assuming John's dragon made it out alive also.

Im happy they didn't kill main characters. I think it would have been way to early. There's 3 episodes left and each is an hour and half long. That's A LOT of time left to just kill main people now. I also think there's irony in their deaths, if any of them do die. It would be better scripted for the show if some died at the hands of Cersi, rather than a shared enemy by all. There is a LONG history between all of them with the Lannisters. I think some will fall in that battle

17. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Berric too

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The two dragons are alive (shown in next weeks preview)

Also, the production value of this episode is unparalleled. This is coming from someone who worked in TV. Just an amazing feat in television production.

19. Falco21

Oh it was incredible.

I told my wife while it was on, they made the entire episode feel like you were in the fight. The tense situations, the fear, the suspense. And then they made the episode so hard to see with all of the snow and wind, just like you were there and they couldn't see shit.

Unbelievable. What an amazing fuckin show man

GQMartin likes this.
  20. Falco21

Yeah, that's what I meant by The Lord of Light. I meant to write "guy" after that lol

I forgot his name

cgrec likes this.