Welcome to the Jets, Jachai Polite

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Love this pick

Welcome to the Jets, and you don’t have to be polite on Sunday’s.

The interviews are stupid imo. They get coached up to answer bullshit questions with bullshit answers. The NET NET is zero. Just like companies embellish job requirements and people applying embellish their resume. They meet in the middle anyway.

We need dogs in the backfield and we got us a dog!!! Woof!!!!

Welcome

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Best pick of the Jets so far. He plays like his hair is on fire.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Wtf are you guys doing in Buffalo up there? Props to whoever decided to stop the sucking strategy and have one of the best drafts so far. You guys are on fire.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah I am hoping that with this culture we're building here that Polite realizes he has to get his act together. Otherwise Gregg Williams will chew his ass out like a drill instructor.

From a football side of things he will have probably the best opportunity possible with Anderson and both Williams eating up the blockers so he shouldnt see too many double teams.

5. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

Trust me when I tell you this is a fucking sick pick. Die hard gator fan, don’t miss a down. Polite is a beast. Was actually hoping we got Jubari Zunova (his d line counterpart) next year because I thought there was no way we’re getting him in the 3rd. I don’t care what happened at the combine or what he ran his 40 in...he’s a fucking great football player and he’s going to be the edge rusher we’ve been looking for. Him and Jenkins, with Q in the middle are going to a force.

6. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

That's the same high school that Vince Carter attended.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In all fairness he come across okay in that interview.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I liked the pick initially until I heard about the bad attitude, poor combine workout, and slow speed. Our tiny new DT is faster than this guy. This seems like a desperation pick or maybe a pacify pick. Yes its a need but Josh Allen was a better prospect and more important need and available when the Jets pick. Macc thought process is puzzling. I mean Jets boards, journalist, draft pundit and ex players state every year what the Jets needs are since Macc has been here and he's done the exact opposite or worst.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You do realize that you strain your credibility when you refer to a DT as tiny who is 6' 3" and 303 pounds, right? In your anti-everything Jets stance you choose to see a "bad attitude" and "poor combine" rather than the body of the guy's work and his recognized potential by every viable source. Josh Allen was gone before Polite's name was ever mentioned, get over it.

All those pundits, players, pickers and poets stated the Jets needed an edge rusher and that's exactly what Polite is - how has MacCagnan done the exact opposite and what could be worse?

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Not wishing to be down on our scouting team but they had D K Metcalf as the #1.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He could have addressed the pass rusher @3 where there was better talent. But he took the tiny DT that we didn't need. So why stack a position of so call strength when you have needs all throughout your roster. Does anyone else see this? Never mind answering that. All the defensive ends and tackles the Jets have were high draft picks and none are pro bowlers are even discuss as good in their own division. That is beyond tragic. Williams is small because a NT averages 320/330. interior guards are just as big. So at 303 lbs he could be neutralized. So what good is he? On 3rd down he'll have to come out. So you have a 2 down player.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A further strain on your credibility. Looking at official NFL stats Suh, the most productive NT is 313 pounds; none of the top six is over 320, I'm not going to look up the rest. "Tiny" is simply a stupid way to characterize QW. I note that your complaints here on the Welcome Polite thread is about Williams, or is actually just more complaining about past and present drafts.

We get it - you don't like MacCagnan's work but dealing in ridiculous descriptions does nothing to advance your opinion. Maybe you should start a separate thread reflecting your viewpoint without getting confused about what topic you're addressing. Take it off on all the tangents you believe are appropriate.

dogg, MoWilkBeast and Royal Tee like this.
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You won the intew3bz today...Gold.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

In my copy of Lindy's draft mag Polite was ranked as the second best OLB after Josh Allen and had a 1st-2nd round grade on him - I know these things don't mean much but its nice to see nonetheless.

plus with that surname the beat writers will have a field day when it comes to scripting headlines :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Apparently his combine was brutal and his interviews were even worse..Which is why he went from a potential 1st rounder and slid to round 3.He put up impressive numbers last year.

James Hasty likes this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

So that must mean he was 7th best on everyone elses draft board.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He explained what went wrong with combine and interviews in video, watch the video, I discerned self reflection and humility in the short clip.

Some of these guys just don’t have enough mentoring or don’t understand how tough the business side of football is until they go through it a couple of times.

I’m hearing from a couple of friends of mine who are Gator fans that Jets got a good football player.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If you watched the Gators youd know he played like a beast last year... Dont know who else was available (i was watching the Isles) but this a good pick

Chomp Chomp

FJF likes this.
  19. LurkerInGreen13

To all the naysayers I assure you this kid is gonna be a beast. Yes, he has some growing up to do but I think he's going to be the real deal.

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Didn’t follow the pre-draft coverage this year but I almost shit my pants watching this guy after we picked him. I don’t know a thing about evaluating edge rushers but he jumps off the screen way more than Allen did when I watched him. He’s fucking explosive.

Acad23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.