Polite-william william anderson = best jets line ever?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Samuscdarnoldfollower, Apr 26, 2019.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Not even close

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

10 on under

Noam likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"All time great line?" Of course not, but don't you see it as having the potential to be among the best? (Understanding you'd need to put your anti-MacCagnan bias aside to do so.)

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Whooa. Cart before the horse here. Let's get them on the field first. But I will leave you here with a little video to wet your appetite. Wouldn't mind seeing this kind of line on Sundays!

kevda5n9ne, NCJetsfan, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  5. boozer32

Nope I stand by my comment. First off we have square pegs in round holes. Williams, Williams, and McClendon all play basically the same position. So there will be no rushing of the passer. The only pressure they might generate would come from out new out of shape OLB draft pick Polite. Its been a waste of talent and time since Maccagnan has been running the show.

6. Ralebird

If you choose to disregard what G. Williams has said since he was hired that he is not married to any particular scheme and will use his players the best way for any given situation you may have a point but the coaching staff must be drills, hammers and chisels and all those pegs can be made to fit in any shape hole and the holes themselves can be changed.

How you can say "there will be no rushing of the passer" flies in the face of the personnel now available. Polite and Q. Williams offer a lot of talent exactly where it's needed; I look forward to watching their growth, hopefully to rival some of the best of the past.

TwoHeadedMonster and boozer32 like this.
  7. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

LMAO.

8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

First of all, no. But aside from that, it’s sort of impossible for a 3-4 line to ever trump an elite 4-3 line. Essentially it’s impossible for the Jets to have a better D-Line than the Sack Exchange until we switch to a 4-3. The impact on a game that the line has in a 4-3 is substantially more than in a 3-4 because of the TFL’s and Sacks. We had an excellent line in 2009 with Jenkins and Ellis and an excellent line in 2015 with Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams, and Harrison. Aside from the fact that Gastineau, Klecko, Salaam and Lyons are all time Jets players, the fact that edge players are included on the line makes a huge difference.

Noam likes this.
  9. boozer32

Who on the Jets can get 10-12 sacks this year? Polite needs an attitude adjustment and to get in shape before he can even see the field. Williamson and Mosely won't be getting any pressure. Darron Lee might have but he might be traded as Williamson took his spot. So I don't see anyone that can be depended on to get a sack when we need it. Plus we needed a CB and we have 2 rounds to address that position. Oh, and our 3rd pick last year is a disappointment. Macc again drafting a dude that was working and from tiny Division III plus Canadian. That's the hat trick right there EH lol.

10. Ralebird

Why are you trying to change the question? Nobody here put any number of sacks on any player. You have failed to explain your comment that nobody will be rushing the passer - what is that, a new defensive strategy you envision? Looks to me like Q. Williams will do just fine at rushing right from the beginning and that's what Polite does best if he can work himself onto the field. Again you claim he has an attitude problem but his job is to play football not be badgered in the interview process, the only place I have seen his attitude questioned. I believe he'll do just fine and L. Williams will be there to help him along.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere dedicated to last year's draft where you can whine about that if you believe there's a point, in the meantime this one is a bit farfetched but is grounded in the future season.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The dominance of the sack exchange was epic.... Teams hated them for a reason.
    They genuinely destroyed people....face to the fukn floor.

12. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Even the John Abraham - Shaun Ellis days were probably better. Unless Polite turns into some kind of monster, which I highly doubt.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Not even the best of the last 5 years imo

Mo-Sheldon-Leo-Snacks was insane for the 1 year that it all came together (2015)

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Man, where did it go so wrong for us.

What a set of players, unstoppable :)

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can they play a single game first?

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Still no playoffs lmao

boozer32 likes this.
  17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Don’t doubt it. Yannick Ngakoue was really slept on too.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Clearly, Richard Todd was born with the wrong name.

Royal Tee and K'OB like this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The dude had 2 first names!

Royal Tee, abyzmul and K'OB like this.
  20. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I’d take Klecko at his peak alone over this entire current Jets line. He was like Reggie White, just didn’t do it for as many years.

NCJetsfan, Royal Tee and boozer32 like this.