At least we're not the Giants

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Sam Hammer, Apr 26, 2019.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I wonder if that last part about drafting defensive tackles was a shade at the Jets.....

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sadly yes.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

This is the third year in a row the Giants drafted the Senior Bowl MVP. 2nd under Gettleman. Interesting little trivia. It looks like they took him because it makes it easier to start Eli for another year. Apparently their big time bros. Eli would have been uncomfortable with Haskins pushing him.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  5. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

No, thats my point.its ridiculous to believe John Q Fan knows more than people who are directly involved, first hand, while they make millions.
    Another example that supports my premise.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Weren't you claiming to know more about tennis than me even though I'm directly involved in it?

7. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

We were talking about the inner workings of a multi billion business . You know nothing about those decisions. Because you played superior talent and lost to them as expected, has nothing to do with what happens behind the scenes.
    No fan has any clue why and how decisions are made in the nfl. If these guys were actually bad at what they did, they wouldn't keep getting jobs with other teams. Or you would be able to apply and get these jobs because you simply watched ball on tv for 20 years

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

There's a chance for any player to be great...that's the draft. He looks like he has the physicals but we all know that means squat for QB's.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Based on Miami getting Rosen for less than a late two, I have changed my mind. Gettleman is a dope. He could have had Allen and Rosen instead of Jones. Rosen would have been a huge upgrade to Jones at half the price and you throw in Allen on a rookie deal. That's a game changing draft for the Giants.

Rosen would have been perfect to replace Eli. It would also have removed the doubt about his draft move last year.

It's like the Manning brothers own the Giants.

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Heard the rant. Even that great Giants fan Francesa hated what the Giants did.

#30 westiedog1, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Generally agree with the gist of your post except for the highlighted lines. I'm not sure the Giants could have made the same deal that Miami made. Arizona reportedly wanted a 1st for Rosen and couldn't get it. By the time they realized they weren't going to get what they wanted and were willing to settle for a 2, the Giants had already picked Jones. Supposedly, all the noise coming out of the Giants camp all year was that we can still win with Eli. So, it's hard to see how drafting another QB at 6, no matter how good he seems helps Eli win this season. Certainly, if it was the Mannings calling the shots, Allen would have been the better choice at 6.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Miami needed a QB also. They were patient.

Eli has 2 rings. He's got a great gig not being pushed for the starting job and having his replacement not be good enough to replace him. He's making 20 plus a year. Winning may no longer be as important to him?

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thank God we're not the Giants? C'mon...

Yes I love Darnold I love Bell and I absolutely love our revamped Defense but thankful we're not the Giants? That's like a Mets fan saying thankfully we're not the Yankees (extreme).

I'm 33 and have never experienced a Jets SB appearance, let alone a SB victory. 3 AFC Championship Game lose(s) is all I've witnissed throughout my lifetime.

The Giants? They beat the Bills and won a SB while I were just a kid. And then during this era have beaten Belly/Brady/N.E not only once but 2x for a total of 3 NFL Super Bowl Titles during my lifetime thus far.

I have nothing against NYG. They aren't our rivals. A different conference and if anything I'll always be thankful they knocked off N.E during their undefeated run. *18-1 and thank God or else N.E fans would brag about the greatest All-Time football team ever for the rest of our lives. Over kill.

I like our future but as a franchise we can not hold a candle to their jock straps.

#33 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Hackenberg likes this.
  14. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Encore! (Throws roses at stage) :)

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Giants sixth round pick, Corey Ballentine, injured in a shooting.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Gettleman got duped by the league. Old man "knew for a fact" two other teams wanted Jones, except Broncos confirmed they didn't, and people say Dan Snyder wanted Haskins which they got. Denver did want Lock but they could wait until the next round which they did. That's Gettleman's problem right there, he had plenty of time to wait but instead he lost an elite prospect like Josh Allen.

Obviously the 'other' issue is Jones isn't anything special, somebody keep this guy away from the Senior Bowl