2019 NFL Draft - Round 2 and 3 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 26, 2019.

1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I don’t like seemingly needlessly giving up a 7th for one spot. But Edoga is no idiot

34 wonderlic is high

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

They apparently tanked the interview process and were fat out taken off many boards tho. That’s not just interviewing poorly that’s red flag material.
    Just too much risk chasing talent without the character imo

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No, it made perfect sense, just because you didn't comprehend my point doesn't make it invalid.

Josh Allen was marked by SO MANY PEOPLE to be one of the top 3 players in this draft, primarily fans and media. If you GOOGLE what teams were saying and thinking about Josh Allen, it's a very mixed bag and a lot of teams were not very high on him as a pass rusher. They didn't favor him.

Jags picking Fowler has a merit because the last time they went for an EDGE player, they missed kinda hard, so their scouting in this department from the most recent pick at that position says they may struggle to identify with what makes up a good pass rusher.

If 6 other teams, including the Raiders, who really need a EDGE player after trading away Mack passed on Allen, shouldn't that be a red flag for you to some capacity?

So before you try to dismiss me and make me look silly, please understand the actual point in which I'm making. I can break it down in a variety of ways, so I hope this was a little more descriptive so that you actually comprehend the point at hand this time around.

joe and mrjet80 like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Can't wait for tomorrow when Mac trades Darron Lee to the Vikings to get his 7th Round pick back. ;)

NYJetsO12, JetFanInPA, Brook! and 7 others like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Whoever you can get at number 217, you can get three of them for free on Sunday.

TonyFtLaud, FJF, Snatch Catch and 2 others like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You have to wonder just how much cash the bars along that strip made over the last 2 days.

NYJetsO12 and joe like this.
  7. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

I'm just bummed we took Edoga over Cajuste who looked superior on the field and comes with a minor injury (should be healthy for training camp though), rather than off-the-field issues.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

looking at polite and his pro day interview, he just seems like a kid that has no idea how to talk off the field. seems like his handlers failed him or he didn't take the prep seriously. but the tape looks good so I am not worried about it. if anyone remembers, bryan Thomas had no idea how to be an adult when the jets drafted him. he had no food in his apartment, things were a mess. these kind of maturity issues can be corrected quickly with a strong locker room and he has marcus maye as a familiar face when he gets here.

can't speak for the chuma

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sooooooo, are we done for tonite?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

honestly, could you handle anymore?

11. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

People are just looking for reasons to complain. He got the player he wanted and gave up a scrub 7th rounder for it. Deal with it and stop bitching.

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

You’re lost, you just want to criticize. Any player in the seventh they can get for free after the draft. Same type of players by then.

FJF and BacktoQueens like this.
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If you think they needed to give up a pick to go from 93 to 92 then you don't get the draft almost as much as Mac doesn't. Unnecessary on all levels.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

He is either going to get 4th-5th pick this year for him or we're probably keeping him. He's solid depth and better to have him here than getting essentially nothing for him.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

A disruptive DT who lives in the backfield despite facing elite competition and has not a single RED flag against him, an elite tape/production edge guy from the SEC who fell because of character issues, and an OT who graded at the top of his class in pass pro, but also has character questions.

Given the latter two were in the 3rd round, I'm really pleased with the risk taken and the potential return in play.

LAJet, TonyFtLaud, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They might have to keep him to play OL. :D

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dude. Some people will love the picks, some people will hate it. Stop labelling it as bitching. You have a right to love them and he has a right to bitch about them. Proof is in the pudding. We are a terrible team for the past few years and we keep picking in Top 10 year after year. People have a reason to be suspicious.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I would trade him for a center better than Harrison in a straight up trade.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Loved the first round, but I don’t like that much risk with the third rounders.
    They could pan out or be out of league in two years. Boom bust. Not crazy about that.
    Would rather lunch pail tough smart hard workers who love football.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And you have to wonder if anyone is going to fly off the fourth floor of the place with the wide open windows on every level. Helluva show they put on there; it will be tough to top.