3rd round potential guys for the JeDTs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 6-10 once again, Apr 26, 2019.

1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Well I am in a spiraling state of depression but was saved from a manic episode by the giants making fools of themselves. So I’m here to shed light on some guys who may but of course may not be available for any of our 3rd round picks. These are guys that I like not guys I’m saying Mac will like, as I’m not going down that rabbit hole.

WR: Sam needs weaponns; we have 3 serviceable Wr’s but I could see a WR here ..guys I would like. There are others I like but I’m assuming off the board

Hakeem Butler- probably gone but maybe he falls

JJ arcega whiteside- red zone monster

Stanley Morgan Jr- probably will go later then round 3 but one of my very favorites.

Andy Isabella- Good player and I don’t want him on the pats

Edge: K so our dreams were crushed but maybe they can be slightly refilled.

Polite: polite is the dream scenario at our early 3rd rounder if he is there. He had a visit with jets.

Anthony Nelson: as a big ten fan I saw him a lot, he is projected around 3rd round. Solid sack guy , very tall.

Joe Jackson- pretty solid edge prospect. Seems Very strong

Maxx Crosby- small school edge, decent sacks, gets turnovers. Could be here and could be a ok pick.

Jaylen Ferguson: smaller school, but amazing sack production. And tfl’s. Very raw. Not a great athlete. Not a good bend but good initial burst. Probably boom or bust here. High bust potential but could be worth risk

CB- could definitely use a corner but will there be good ones left in round 3 ? Just some names that jump out as possibly available

Trayvon Mullen

David Long

Justin layne

Joejuan Williams

Sean Bunting

OT/OG/C

Would be stoked if Little/Risner/Ford/Taylor/McCoy fell but I don’t see it happening

Sooo some of these guys possibly around for our round 3/4 pick

Yodney Cajuste

Elgton Jenkins

Chuma Edoga

Conner McGovern

David Edwards

Michael Jordan

Nate Davis

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Michael Jordan would be a slam dunk draft pick in round 3

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good one

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Mccoy or jenkins at C should be there with our top pick in the 3rd round

our 2nd pick in the 3rd round though i'd look at edge. I originally had CB but without getting an edge we need to address it. a few options are zach allen, chase winovich and jaylon ferguson

with that said i'd be more then happy to trade up right now and grab taylor. he was a top 10 pick talentwise who slipped out of the 1st and it addresses our LT needs for 2020 and we may be able to grab jenkins or mcgovern with our later 3rd rounder

ColoradoContrails and Mr mittens like this.
  5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

they say taylor has some injury issues thats why she sliding

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

At C, I wish Erik McCoy would still be there at our 3a pick, but know he won't. Elgton Jenkins will probably be gone as well. After that, maybe Connor McGovern.

At WR, I'd really love to add one of Mecole Hardman and Miles Boykin

At OT, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, and Greg Little will be gone. Yodney Cajuste could be as well. Maybe Chuma Edoga will still be there.

At OG, we can probably wait and grab one of Dru Samia or Ben Powers in the 4th round.

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post but you are absolutely insane for hating the quinnen pick

8. 6-10 once again

I don’t just hate it. That’s too kind of a word. I despise it. Non premium position at a non need. I hate the position of DT in the top 10 I think it’s absurd. If you like it then I’m happy for you since less depressed jet fans is a good thing

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'd take him still and let him sit and rehab for the year. beechum can start in 2019 anyway. then he can replace beechum in 2020 and we are set at LT for a while since we need to replace beechum anyway. we can IR him so he doens't take up a roster spot too

10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It was a terrible pick. No way to sugar coat it. Why not use the rest of the draft to draft some more defensive lineman. Get it all out of your system Macc. Rarely has any DT been a game changer or someone a team had to game plan for. Sapp, Cortez Kennedy, Ngata yes those guys were true offensive line wreckers.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I would like for them to take a shot with Boykin but I have a feeling they might move up and have less picks to spare . They need to get a CB, EDGE, and a C or at least an interior OL. WR isn’t as pressing.

This is why I was pulling for a trade down even if it was just enough to secure a second rounder...

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd aim to get a #1 WR in next year's draft which is supposed to be deep.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. mrjet80

Yes that and a LT.

14. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I was slow on the uptake and just realized the title of this thread. Good one!

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How is WR not as pressing? Enunwa has never played all 16 games in his career, never. The most games he has played is 13. Anderson could miss games with his thin frame. Crowder had a serious injury last season. There is no depth behind them. I disagree. WR is just as pressing a need as CB imo. C is our top need. Evidently G. Williams and Mac don't think we need an edge rusher, so they can sign Shane Ray or Ansah. I don't really care if they draft an edge rusher now. I'm not that wild about either Jaylon Ferguson or Jachai Polite.

6-10 once again likes this.
  16. 6-10 once again

Glad someone appreciated it lol!

17. 6-10 once again

I agree WR is still a need overall. You need weapons and I’m not content with ours. I do like Polite though as a player. His ego and not watching film is a big flag but I think he is a first round edge talent. I hope we make a pick that somehow makes the lot of us happy

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yep - it feels like this team is obsessed with drafting defensive linemen and yet we never seem to have a good D-line (or at least not for very long) - no pass rush to speak of in living memory and a string of guys that don't last more than a couple of years

19. mrjet80

WR would be slightly behind EDGE, C, and CB as of now. 2 of those 3 are gaping holes - Allen would of filled the EDGE slot. As of now they're rolling with Jenkins and Copeland as OLBs. Average players - definitely could use a boost there although I think Jenkins is a decent starter with Copeland running slightly behind. The current starting center - Harrison - to me is second string. A valuable player for depth and a spot start or two but not a starter. The # 2 CB? Roberts? I don't think so. Maybe down the road he can develop but I don't currently see him as more than a depth guy.

Yes they need a #1 WR but they do have Anderson, Crowder, Enunwa as the top 3. Yes if any of them miss games there's a problem. I doubt they go in that direction tonight or tomorrow but I could be wrong - you never know with this FO. If they do - I'd like to see Boykin - maybe Hurts? from Baylor.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

coverage on nfl network is really missing Mike Mayock :(

NYJalltheway likes this.