Report: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on the hot seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The problem is they have to make it work because they can't just pick fights every time they work with other people. Otherwise none of them deserve jobs in the NFL because perfect harmony doesn't exist. They all wanted to be here in some way, its on them to make it work or they will be demoted/out of the league soon.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Of course he is listening to them but we all knew including gase, full well, that Mac had roster control. Not a secret.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

There's smoke to this....

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-gm-mike-maccagnan-reportedly-on-hot-seat-internally/306617712

What the fuck does this even mean? They are letting Maccagnan draft and then he's out???

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Parcells always did best with someone else picking out the groceries

stinkyB likes this.
  5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that he's on the hot seat. He always was and has been completely indecisive in many matters. But I think they give him till the end of that draft to make things happen. If he doesn't then he's punted and somebody Gase has a history with probably will get a shot.

#25 pdxdrew, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well whereas Bowles kept his mouth shut and was a "good solder", Gase and G. Williams won't be so quiet, and we'll see soon enough what Macc's real contribution is. Was Macc the guy behind all those picks, especially the "D" picks, or was that Bowles? We don't know who was most to blame, but we will if Gase and Williams don't keep their mouths shut.

I think it was a big mistake to not fire Macc when Bowles was, it should've been a clean slate. Now there are rumblings that Macc is on the hotseat. If that's true, then why wasn't fired months ago? Why let him have another chance to screw up?

While I disagree with most of Macc's picks (and his non-picks, like Mahomes!), my biggest issue with him is that I don't see any plan beyond "BPA Always". Not to mention his defense-heavy hand on all his early picks with the only exception of Sam last year. And what has that philosophy yielded? Maybe Q. Williams will become A. Donald II, but one - the odds are greatly against that; and two - will THAT finally make them SB contenders in a league that rewards offense?

Macc just needs to go away. Bring in Peyton Manning and give him the keys.

CBG, NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. I'd give him to end of this draft. Let's see what kind of talent joins this team. But if there are still massive holes & question marks time to make a move. Curious who would take over as GM.

Mac better get alittle more aggressive real quick.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. I wanted Mac fired but in January, not now. Who would agree to be the GM now? Spoiler: Someone who knows he has zero chance to be a GM anywhere else.

CBG likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

Or someone who really wants the job. Or like I suggested, Someone like P. Manning who might be willing to step in now since there are a lot of "his guys" already in place, and he supposedly loves Darnold.

I agree that he should've been fired in January, but better late then never.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

It's not entirely unexpected that he could be let go or moved to a different job after the draft. Scouting Departments usually do all their yearly flushing right after UDFA's are signed. He'd just be axed along with whomever else Johnson didn't want back.

11. ColoradoContrails

Not that we'll hear, but I wonder what the Johnson Boys thought of the pick last night?

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to like Gase more and more. He apparently was pissed off that Mac didn't go after Paradis harder. Which I agree with

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hopefully they hate.... almost guarantees an All-Pro

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well if these smoke stacks are true - its not that surprising. many suspected there would be issues between the coaching staffing itself and/or the GM. However, it may not be all that bad - especially on the field.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What makes you think Peyton would be a good GM?

16. jilozzo

maybe MM gets the bradway path thru the organization for the next several years.

who is our asst GM??

17. jilozzo

18. ColoradoContrails

He knows the game, is cerebral, and he isn't Mike McCagnan.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

So, if this is to be believed, we’re not happy with Macc now when it would have been easier to make a sweeping change when Gase was hired. Let me guess - we’ll wait until January to get rid of Mike and then bring in a GM who doesn’t believe in Gase and the HC/GM revolving door can carry on forever. I don’t know why recruitment is so hard for this team.

AJW and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

no way they let him go right after the draft. They will at least let the season or pre-season play out first. If Ferrel or Allen kill it, and Q is ho-hum (he looked great on tape), or if all the rest of his picks this year look like most of the (failed) picks of the past -- cya

Charlie Casserly sold the Johnson's a lemon

NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.