Jets Need Director of Football Operations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Apr 25, 2019.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Someone that can see the whole picture and reign Macc in. His thought process is lacking and there is no one to tell him differently. We got an absentee owner and his replacement is the dimwit Fredo of the family. We are wasting time, money and effort with Macc. They should have cleaned house last year.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Better yet, hire someone to be in charge of the football operation and fire Mac. Forget about trying to reign him in. He's hopeless in the draft, and his decision making in FA is questionable at best.

#2 NCJetsfan, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    PabloJa, legler82, tomdeb and 7 others like this.
  3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I get you’re upset about the pick but it’s not like we picked Rashan Gary or something. He picked the best player in the draft. If anything he should get blame for not getting a pass rusher like Justin Houston in free agency.

boozer32, stinkyB and FJF like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for years. The Jets need someone in charge that actually has built, or at least played a significant role in building - a winning franchise. Someone who has a vision, a blueprint for what the Jets identity is, and from that can dictate the types of players and coaches they hire. They've been chasing their tail for decades without a clear plan. Macc's only plan is BPA. But how many DLs and Safeties does a team need?

I'm not jumping off the roof because he picked Q. Williams...I'll wait to see if all his picks, F signings and the coaching hires add up to a playoff berth. If they don't, then I'm jumping.

5. Capt. Ace Nick

Just walked into the sand in my panties thread......walking out....swiftly

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Just sell the team Woody.

papapump, AJW, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  7. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

People so salty at taking a top-2 player #3 overall

extra comment: it could be a lot worse, gettleman could be making our picks

Footballgod214, Jets81, AJW and 3 others like this.
  8. boozer32

Well, they all have been the best pick of the draft or the spot they got them at and none of it has worked out. When will the owner make Macc accountable? Nobody here can defend his draft record and why do we need another DL? Doesn't that prove his incompetence that he keeps trying to fill the same need every year? That is why we need a director of football. A visionary that can see the whole picture not wasting high draft picks on DL every stinking year

tomdeb, NYJetsO12, AJW and 1 other person like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's funny. I thought I would be royally pissed, but I'm not. I'd rather have had Allen or a trade down, but know Mac well enough to know that he's going to take the BPA in the first round, regardless if it's redundant, not a need, or whatever, so I was resigned to the fact that Mac was going to take Williams or Oliver.

I also know that I was biased against taking yet another DT and because he played at Alabama. The fact that he only had one year of starting and elite production is a concern, but I'm going to root that he is every bit the best player in the draft and will be huge for the Jets in the middle of our D. I like the fact that he studies a lot of film and is a bit of a leader and hard worker. He also seems humble and like a decent human being that it will be easy to root for. With such sound technique, he should also make an immediate impact.

PabloJa, NYJetsO12, stinkyB and 6 others like this.
  10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm still a little disappointed about the pick, but it is hard to be mad or upset. As with any player we had drafted, we just need him to become dominant and not much else will matter.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You would be hard pressed to find a football guy that wouldn’t have picked QW

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What you talking about? All the great football guys of TGG would’ve taken a clearly inferior prospect.

Mogriffjr and stinkyB like this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I wanted Allen. Q Williams will be a good football player but I feel Allen was the guy this team - particularly the defense- was looking for for so long .

It could be worse though let’s be honest .....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I don't know what the deal is with Allen, but the fact that a number of teams including Oak passed on him suggests there's something not translating

Also for those people infatuated with sacks, please consider KC has had people producing lots of sacks and their defense was near bottom

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You know if we played like the chiefs, some posters would demand Mac get fired for building the offense too much. The reasoning would be they score too fast and the D is always gassed ...:p

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as we have Chris Johnson as our CEO, we ain't ever getting a VP of Football Ops.

17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Even if we did get one, it would still be one hired by one of the Johnson brothers.

We're not getting anyone competent in charge of the football side of this franchise until the Johnsons sell the team.

PabloJa, tomdeb and Cman68 like this.
  18. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

And then move them back to Queens where they belong. I cannot stand sharing a stadium with the Giants.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

papapump likes this.
  19. boozer32

The only thing keeping me sane is the other Williams named Greg. I know he will have the Jets defense aggressive and getting after it. Just don't know how the pieces will fit and they still haven't dumped Darron Lee. This is also a huge training camp for last years defensive player Sheperd. Last year was zero for him.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We've had 10 first round picks in the past 9 drafts. 5 of the players selected with those picks played defensive tackle in college.

Usually I can buck the reactionary stuff, but this one is just too much, even though I do like Q as a player.

legler82, jixxjr, tomdeb and 4 others like this.