Leonard Williams/Jamal Adams/Sam Darnold/Quinnen Williams.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 25, 2019.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Many experts alike were and have all stated that all 4 of these players were the #1 players of their respected draft classes.

I know we all wanted Bosa/Allen. Because of position. Myself included.

But what if we just hit a home run?

SF, NYJ, Raiders, Bucs etc have all wanted D players and all have just passed on Josh Allen thus far...

Did Maccagnan get this one right? Time will tell but so many have talked up Q. Williams it's hard to not like the pick for me.

Leonard Williams has an opportunity to feast now and if Q lives up to expectations we have a dynamic duo who can stop the run and pressure an old Brady right up the middle; the only weakness of Brady ala pressure up the middle.

IIMeanDeanII and Footballgod214 like this.
  2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yea let’s keep drafting our team to defeat Brady even tho we never do and hes like 41 or whatever and only has like one year left

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I agree. Was more than fine with Quinnen. Rex Ryan always preached pressure up the middle right in the QB's face. Plus it helps shut down the run game between the hash marks.

With far less of a 'clean pocket', QBs like Brady will feel far less comfortable simply stepping up to avoid the outside rush. An even average edge rusher will do much better getting after a QB with no where to run.

I like it.

4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He looks like he has a lot of baby fat still- just like fat cat

Time will tell

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

This D-line is going to be unbelievable! Williams, Williams, Wilkerson, Richardson AND Couples- I have no idea what teams are gonna do since they can’t run the ball against us in a passing league.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no signature haircut though so there's that

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Someone is excited!

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm just thankful that guys like Jamal Adams, C.J Mosley, Darron Lee and Avery Williamson (especially when in a 3-4) can all Linebacker and roam behind Quinnen Williams; rather than "Steve McLendon".

If Q. Williams improves the play of Mosley/Lee/Williamson/Leonard/Adams just by being a dominant NT/DT well then we just hit a HR. Because Steve McLendon was a WEAK LINK as was D. Robertson who Vilma was forced to MLB behind if only Vilma could've played behind Kris Jenkins...

truthbtold likes this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I expect results now. Forget the needs and focus on wins. We got arguably the best players in their respective drafts for 3 of the 4 drafts

Its on Gase to make the offensive line work despite the fact its probably in the bottom third in terms of talent.

Its on Gregg Williams to generate a pass rush and cover well despite no edge rusher and no #2 corner.

And lastly its on Mac that this guy must become an absolute stud.

If we can't win 8 or more games this year then just clean house.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.