Last minute 1st round mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cidusii, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Threw something together last minute, mainly to give myself a better idea of what prospects are actually out there this year, since I've mostly been focusing on who could drop to us at 3. Didn't include any trades, as it's almost 3 am here and am too tired to do a second pass to include what I might perceive to be logical trades.

Main resources were the NFL prospects list, depth charts, water football pre-draft visits tracker, and some of the more recent mocks. Tried to make sure teams had actually visited with players they selected, though there are a couple exceptions.

Key takeaways are that I don't think Murray goes first overall, Jets take Josh Allen, and I may have been a bit harsh on Jonah Williams.

1. ARI – DE – Nick Bosa – Cardinals play it straight in the end and take the best pass rusher here.

2. SF – DT – Quinnen Williams – With Dee Ford, SF take Quinnen with the hopes of getting the next Aaron Donald.

3. NYJ – OLB – Josh Allen – The Jets finally get a desperately needed pass rusher. No point overthinking this, and the BPA non-QB at this point. Lots of Ed Oliver talk, but I think that’s a trade-down scenario thing.

4. OAK – QB – Kyler Murray – Supposed QB guru gets to live or die by his handpicked QB.

5. TB – DE – Rashan Gary – TB need some help on the line, and are transitioning into a Bowles system. He has visited the team three times already, and they may love his potential.

6. NYG – QB – Daniel Jones – Giants need a QB, so they take the one they like before anyone else can snag him.

7. JAX – OT – Jawaan Taylor – Jacksonville need a RT, and this guys fits the bill for a team that will likely rely on the run a lot. Local player as well.

8. DET – LB – Devin White – If White were off the board, I’d have them taking Bush instead. They seem to want more speed in general, and Devin White fits the bill.

9. BUF – DT – Ed Oliver – I think it’s too hard for them to pass this up at this point, despite the need for QB protection.

10. DEN – TE – T.J. Hockenson – Denver could use a TE to give Flacco a safety net.

11. CIN – ILB – Devin Bush – Bengals get a highly athletic linebacker added to their ranks.

12. GB – OT – Andre Dillard – The name of the game for the Packers nowadays is to keep Rodgers upright.

13. MIA – DE – Montez Sweat – The Dolphins just need help everywhere, and now have a defensive minded HC. I don’t think they go QB high this year. Hard to go wrong with trying for a pass rusher threat.

14. ATL – DE – Brian Burns – Falcons need some more pass rushing presence.

15. WAS – QB – Dwayne Haskins – The Redskins get a QB to develop behind Keenum. Sounds like he might be their guy.

16. CAR – OT – Greg Little – Carolina need help up front, and they’ve met with Little quite a bit.

17. NYG – DT – Christian Wilkins – They need help up front on the defense, and Wilkins falls to them.

18. MIN – G – Cody Ford – Vikings beef up the line for Kirk Cousins.

19. TEN – DE – Brian Burns – They need some pass rush, and Burns provides it.

20. PIT – CB – Byron Murphy – I think the Steelers grab a ballhawking CB here, meaning Murphy jumps over Greedy to be the first CB off the board.

21. SEA – DT - Jeffrey Simmons – The talent may be too hard to pass up here.

22. BAL – WR – Marquise Brown – Lamar really needs someone to throw the ball to.

23. HOU – CB – Greedy Williams – Tough not to go offensive line here, but I’m guessing they address that later in the draft. Perhaps Jonah Williams?

24. OAK – DE – Clelin Ferrell – Raiders boost their defensive line. Could see Gruden also going WR or RB here, though I’m not sure they visited with Josh Jacobs.

25. PHI – OT – Jonah Williams – With Peters being so old, can they afford not to take Jonah at this point?

26. IND – G – Chris Lindstrom – Keep Luck upright is probably still the motto in Indy right now.

27. OAK – RB – Josh Jacobs – Gruden gets a workhorse RB.

28. LAC – S – Johnathan Abram – Pairs with Derwin James to make a potent safety pair.

29. SEA – S – Darnell Savage – Seahawks get a safety to try and fill the hole left by Earl Thomas.

30. GB – TE – Noah Fant – Fant falls to them, and they jump all over it.

31. LAR – C/G – Erik McCoy – Rams continue to bolster the OL.

32. NE – WR – AJ Brown – Patriots look to give Tom Brady more weapons with Gronk retired.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Brian Burns, so good he got drafted twice.

Sam Hammer, Cidusii, Burnz and 4 others like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

just looking at the jets pick, if murray falls to 3 it'll be easy to trade down and apparently the jets don't like allen. if murray falls to 3 the jets will eb sliding back for sure

Cidusii likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If the Giants take Jones at 6, I will laugh my ass off. He is way more likely to be their later first or early 2nd.

Cidusii likes this.
  5. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Haha oops! Downside of doing things late and last minute. Throw in DT Tillery for Tennessee instead.

James Hasty likes this.
  6. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

Ahhh good times

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Well at least the Giants can make the Jets failure seem not so bad.

Cidusii likes this.
  8. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Dude.......hell of a job so far......