BEST Case Scenario !!!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by villano5, Apr 25, 2019.

1. villano5

villano5 New Member

Jets trade down with the Giants. Then trade down again with the Redskins.

Giants give us #6 this year, this years 2nd rounder and next years first rounder.

Jets Trade the #6 pick to the Skins for #15 this years 2nd rd pick (46) and 3rd pick (96)

To recap, we trade #3 pick for:
    #15,#37,#46,#96, and the Giants first round pick next year.

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Might as well get Redskins first rounder next year too!!

FJF and themorey like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO that would be getting greedy. Trading down 3 spots and getting a 2nd round pick this year and next year's 1st round pick, would still have us in position to get an elite edge rusher. The Giants would be trading up for a QB. Oakland could take Allen, but they could also take Oliver or a QB. TB could take Allen, but they could also take White. The Jets could be sitting at #6 with a choice between Allen, Brian Burns and Jawaan Taylor. Why would they then want to trade down 9 spots only to get an additional 2nd and 3rd? They'd miss out on getting an elite edge rusher. Sure they'd have a couple of more picks, and it could be better as it would allow more positions to be upgraded if the picks were used wisely, but with Mac picking, both additional picks could be blown.

That reminds me a little of the '97 draft where Parcells traded down twice and missed out on two great LT prospects (Orlando Pace and Walter Jones) who turned out to be HOFers, just because we had Jumbo Elliott, who was near the end of his career, and we wound up taking James Farrior.

#3 NCJetsfan, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    boozer32 and villano5 like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Best case scenario = Murray goes 1 and either a team trades with 49ers for Haskins or they draft Williams and we get Bosa

villano5 likes this.
  5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I like it, but swap some of those Redskins picks for next year's first then we're talking. Washington's pick should be in the top 8 next year.

I'm assuming in this scenario, the Giants take Haskins and the Redskins take Murray. Who else would they both trade up for there? Would Giants move up for Bosa? I'm not so sure.

#5 Sam Hammer, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019