Let's take a deep breath and re evaluate the playoff picture. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GlennFoley, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

Not to be cynical or anything, but dude everyone was saying the same thing in 2003 and 2004, hence the "jets in '05" slogan. Im kinda tired of this next year crap. I mean we may have been rebuilding but most of our players werent hurt, (minus C-mart but houston/washington combo turned out fine.) Who knows maybe next year injures will catch up to us. These predictions of 5-11, 6-10 at the beginning of the season were made at a time people werent sure Pennington would even play. If we go 8-8 it would be a disaster. Ill take 9-7 no playoffs but I wouldnt be thrilled about it.

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

You'r eright, I thought they had 4 losses not 3 in conference.. My mistake.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Jets need to win out to get to 10-6.

The Bengals and Jaguars each need to lose two more games to be 9-7.

The Jets are not going to win tiebreakers over those teams if they are all 10-6.

Now, what if the Jets were to lose to Minnesota and beat Miami and Oakland?

They would be 9-7 overall and 7-5 in the AFC.

Then Cincinnati loses to Indianapolis and either Denver or Pittsburgh. That would put them at 9-7 overall and 7-5 in the AFC.

Then Jacksonville loses two of three (Tennessee, New England, Kansas City). They would be 9-7 overall and 6-6 in the AFC.

Jacksonville would be eliminated.

Jets and Bengals would go to playoffs.

(This is all assuming Denver, Pittsburgh, Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee don't get any ideas of being 9-7.)

Conclusion- Jets at 10-6 may not be good enough to qualify for the playoffs, but they could go 9-7 and make the playoffs.

#23 Cakes, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  4. Free4Jets

Free4Jets New Member

Quote: "lets hope that Chester Taylor decides to not play for a 2nd straight week. If so, we can maybe beat that team. MAYBE"

the guy that filled in for CT (Pinner or something) had a huge game for the Vikings today had over 100yds and 3td's, granted it was against the Lions but still.