2019 Jets Draft Rumors

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 24, 2019.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

oh.

Not sure what to read into that

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I see him able to disengage based on both his hand skills (ability to lock out his mitts) and his agility enabling him to shift direction in-balance. As for scheme fit, imo he's too much of a package to pass on. Scheme concerns take a back seat with guys like Q (and Oliver). Pick great players and then let the DC do the brainwork. Williams stepped over and around Raekown Davis in no time flat and dominated vs. the run and pass against the best competition. Motor? I saw Isaiah Buggs mail it in come the 4th qtr. vs. Clemson while Q still represented.

Nice John Randall comparison re: Oliver (was thinking a more stout (JBrwn) Everett Griffen in modern Viking).

3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

You trade back to get more overall value than you would have gotten with your pick. For example if Washington wants to trade up to get our pick, and they offer their pick at 15, their pick in round 2, and next year's 1, then I hope that we do that. They are shitty every year which would mean we would have a high 1 from then next year in addition to wherever our 1st round pick was, as well as picking up a 2 this year (which we don't have now).

Imagesrdecieving and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

To add to this, the redskins 2020 1st could be worth a fortune if it’s in the top 5 with the qb class coming out next year.
    So theoretically, another trade down next year and we could possibly add 5 1st round picks in 3 years
    1 - 2019
    2 - 2020
    2 -2021 from acquiring a future first in another trade down in 2020

5. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

How can you say Ed Oliver has better anchor than Q Williams. Both played NT in college , and everyone knows Ed Oliver can't play NT in the Pro's.. He just two small , and struggled when teams ran right at Him in college, what do you think happens in the pro's. QWilliams can play anywhere on the defense line.

Ed Oliver is best at playing UT in a 4-3 defense. If the Jets are going

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Exactly why ANY trade down, with the skins especially, needs to have that 2020 first rounder. that could be parlayed into some serious day 1 talent.

Going a bit further if i was GM - i would entertain giving the skins a very "fair deal" in order to get something done. Perhaps a slight discount as compared to dealing with the bucs or broncos for example.

8. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

(A) you don’t go into draft day with 3-5 “trades in hand” that’s not really how it works. Teams priorities change with every pick.
    (B) if they drop down to 15 they better be getting both a 2 this and next year and a 1 next year. For that package i consider it. Once agin, this all depends on who’s there. If Arizona takes Murray and SF surprises and takes Quinnen 2, I would be upset if Jets passed up on a talent like Bosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. How can i say it?Well ive watched multiple games of each player.

First of all aside from maybe a play here or there when does Q ever play nose? Ive seen him at 3T & 5T but very rarely ever nose.

Oliver played 2 straight years at NT w nothing around him.

Oliver has straight explosion right out of his stance to fastball his way into immense penetration & then has the strength to maintain his gap.

To me Q’s game is completely dependent on shedding blocks.Those 4-5 plays a game when he doesnt get off blocks he gets pushed out his lane & handled pretty easily. And thats being surrounded by blue chips at every position which provide spacing & diversificatoon within an opponents blocking scheme.

Simply put if Q doesnt get off blocks in the NFL bc OL arent phased by rip & swim moves..what is he? I question his ability to anchor, maintain his gap & get penetration.Thats my take & im sticking to it

jilozzo likes this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I am all for trading down, but I was referring to the post that said we should trade down to 15 then trade back up to 8. I say either trade down, or hold at 3 & pick a blue chip player.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Oliver has amazing leverage and is quick as a Cat. Q at the college level looks like a monster. He won't at the pro level. He'll get blocked out of plays.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Rather quiet today. This time last year Mayfield to the Browns was out. Feel like years past rumors galore of trades and nothing happened. Hoping maybe since it's quiet it means alot of trades tonight always makes the draft more fun.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

One big difference between Mac and the last two GMs is the lack of leaks. Rather this FO is much more unpredictable as they seem to like to spread false stories. Do we really dislike Allen and love Oliver and Burns. I don't know?

CotcheryFan likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

latest rumors is the raiders want haskins at 4, the redskins want to jump the raiders for him as well. giants could be in play, but seems they prefer jones and will likely go defense 6th overall.

also i see a lot of parallels with this years QB class and last years

15. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Raiders "wanting" haskins is likely a Jets leak to get the Redskins to bite.

16. GasedAndConfused

it's possible. or the raider saying they like believe in carr is a smokescreen because it's true lol

17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I could see the Raiders trade up with the Jets and give up a second to take Murray, if he falls, or Haskins then trading Carr to the Giants for a second. I could definitely see that happening but might be an issue with salary cap for the Giants.

18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Two different reports. Texans looking to trade Clowney. John McClain Texans reporter denied the report and said he won't be traded. If we traded back and got a second I'd consider it or if we definitely traded back and taded a second next year. Definitely not a first. I'm intrigued but probably won't happen.

19. GasedAndConfused

yeah raiders could try to block a team from trading in front of them to get their guy and the slide back for the jets wouldn't even matter since oak would only do that for a QB so it doens't cost us any real draft position but we could leverage a major offer form another team to get more out of oakland. it's all supply and demand.

imagine if murray and Q went 1st and 2nd and the raiders gave us a 2nd rounder to pick 3rd and get haskins. that means the jets could get bosa at 4 and an extra pick. and i know people will say "unlikely" but remember chubb slipped to 5 to denver and nobody expected him to fall out of the top 3 but taking Qbs high will do that

20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member