Who Don't You Want?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I just don't want another DT/3-4 DE. Every year that we needed an edge rusher, we've taken a DT instead. EVERY. FUCKING. YEAR..

2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Why would they think Sam wouldn't have made it to 3 when Baker was clearly the best QB in the draft? The Giants pretty much told everyone they were taking the RB once they committed to Eli. Anyone who watched both QB's on a regular basis in college knew that. These mock draft people are clueless.

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Yep it’s time to get angry my friend, the organization needs to understand that we are sick of this DT nonsense that has plagued the team for nearly a decade. We are simply sick of it. Sadly the casual fan will fall for the pick and the stupid BPA nonsense that Mac sells. And next year it will be the same thing over again.

4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

It’s ok. Next year we will draft a safety in round 1 to replace Maye

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Oh you went old school
    Oh you went old school bad with the Vick reference. I got this. Matt Snell says hello.

6. boozer32

We've had the best defensive players in the draft and none of them got a sniff of Brady. How can he be the best player in the draft only playing 1 years? If he's so good the Niners and Cardinals will take him. Also answer this question where will he play? He's not a NT so that pressure up the middle thing is a myth. Ed Oliver get's more penetration up the middle than Williams. He's not a pass rusher which is what we have been looking for over a decade now. If the Jets were running a 4-3 defense taking Williams would make sense but they are running a 3-4. That means Leonard, McClendon and Anderson. If I am taking someone at 3 I expect that player to start right away with the money he will be getting.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The problem is that (according to the sources I’ve been reading about) the Jets don’t like Allen as a pass rusher and it’s easy to see why. He has relied on his athleticism to get sacks and that just won’t fly in the NFL. Now, he could develop those skills and take the next step in the NFL but I at least trust Gregg Williams to assess his abilities. If the rumors/sources are correct, then it’s likely that he doesn’t believe it will be easy for Allen to do that.

That’s why they want to trade down because they don’t like anyone at #3 and if they are forced to pick there you might as well grab the most sure thing in the draft and that is Quinnen. Sure they could reach and draft a center or something but if that goes south then that is what gets people fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Athletically he is good but not great. He isn’t some speed demon that people paint him as. So he is getting sacks a different way. They aren’t all on his athleticism. He has a crazy elite level bend that will serve him extremely well in the nfl. He can drop back in coverage too and the big plus is he is talented at separating ball from body. He is the furthest thing from a one trick pony. I don’t care about greggg Williams he isn’t a coach who will be around for a while.

Quinnen has played two years, his first year he was a backup and his second was great for a DT. I don’t see how a guy who only started one year and can’t get turnovers ( 0 FF in 24 games) is a sure thing.

I do hope we trade down. It’s our only chance at avoiding another ho hum DT

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Somebody said that he other day that next year the draft will be strong in the OL department, so maybe we can hang on one more year to grab some better prospects?

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So 3 all pros, Joseph, Pierre Paul and Justin Tuck, in their prime is a no name D line? plus a loaded secondary with three multiple pro bowl corners....
    You had the right idea initially but blew it

abyzmul and FJF like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So if that's the case why hasn't Mac loaded up DLs in FA? Because it isn't necessary or as important as other positions like linebacker

In the draft, We have focused way too much on the D philosophy starting with the last overhyped D Lineman Lenny Williams

When the Giants drafted Joseph Pierre Paul and Tuck they were no way in their prime...they were Coached up to greatness..think again Tony

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We also had Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers who most here would agree were completely clueless. The strength of this draft is on D, especially at the top. I would hope Mac is getting feedback from a defensive mastermind in Gregg Williams, if he comes back and say Quinnen is the player he needs to have in his D well then I’d certainly value his opinion higher than some bozo on theganggreen message board.

We all know why he’s not going to the Cards, he very well may go to the 49ers who will choose between the consensus top two players in the draft.

I’ve said a number of times I’d prefer not to draft the position again. I hope for a trade down first or for Bosa to be available. I can certainly understand if Q. Williams is the pick over Allen though because Williams is just a better player.

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

No one is in their prime when drafted, that Giants D was stacked with all pros and multiple pro bowlers. None were rookies. Far from no names.
    What top D line were available for Mac to load up on? You don't think he would have been one of 31 teams bidding for Donald had he hit FA?
    Your defending the one point of your post I credited you for being correct on. The second part, the Giants no name D, shows a very clear lack of football knowledge.
    As far as the draft focus, you draft to the strength of the class. The post I quoted you complained about same old d line, which is a common complaint on this board. SOJ, Mac will draft D line as usual.
    4 drafts, first round selections : 1 DL, 1 LB ( remember, way more important) 1 safety, 1 QB.
    He's tried to trade down, and up in prior drafts,once for a LT round 1. Traded up for Darnold.
    But your right, all Mac has done is draft DL and the better teams ignore the D line.........
    AHHHH HAAAAA

#53 TonyFtLaud, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  14. boozer32

On the Jets website Greg Williams like Ed Oliver. Bosa or Allen should be the pick. That is both a need and the best value.