Quinnen should be the pick at #3

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Apr 20, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I have a feeling that if we pass on him because of his father or his political views that have recently come to light, we'll regret it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I hear you, but the difference is that Gregg Williams has a pretty good track record of assembling solid defenses. So if the pick is Q. Williams, I'd feel somewhat confident in it.

FJF likes this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m saying. If Mac passes on Bosa then he has some big balls.....and hopefully for his sake he’s right .

4. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

As stupid as Bosa is, would def not pass up on him for his political views.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. #3 is way too high to take Greedy Williams imo. I have seen some "experts" who have Murphy rated ahead of him, and saw a mock last night that had both Murphy and Deandre Baker ranked ahead of Greedy Williams and had him falling to the 52nd pick.

In addition, I think a stud CB is a bit of a luxury for the Jets at the moment. With a great pass rush, CBs don't have to cover as long or be as good. Even elite CBs can only cover their man for about 3.3 seconds, and they can only cover one man. If Allen and Bosa are the first two picks, I'm either: staying put and taking Jawaan Taylor; trading down a few spots and taking Brian Burns; trading down further and taking one of Dillard, Risner, Harry, Hockenson, Fant or Bradbury. If I'm GM, I'm not taking a CB before the 3rd round. Of course, if I was the GM, I would have done everything I could have to have signed one of Darby, Dennard, Nelson or Callahan in FA.

6. NCJetsfan

No, just no.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I don't and the Jets better not even be thinking about taking two defensive players with their #1 and #2 picks in the draft.

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about Quinnen Williams.

9. NCJetsfan

I would have no problem passing on Bosa. Unless the Jets are gonna transition to a 4-3 base or 4-3 full time, Bosa is not an ideal fit for the Jets. He has no scheme flexibility and probably isn't capable of dropping back into coverage. IMO he's also an injury waiting to happen. His injury was pretty serious and I believe there is potential for it to reoccur. His production was pedestrian at OSU and I think he is overrated. If his father and another relative didn't play in the NFL and he didn't have a brother in the NFL, I don't think he'd even be rated as a top 10 pick. In 2016 he played in 12 games, had only 29 tackles and 5 sacks. In 2017, he played in 14 games, had only 34 tackles and 8.5 sacks.

I'm sure that you and many others will think me nuts (and maybe I am, but if so, so be it), but if Allen and Murray go 1-2, and the Jets have no trade down options, I'm taking Jawaan Taylor or Brian Burns at #3.

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Look Q Williams is a legit D tackle and was unblockable 1-1 for Bama. He probably is the best DT since Aaron Donald to come out.

Now here is the issue... The Jets have taken a lot of DT in the last decade and nobody wants us to take another one no matter how good he is... it’s unfortunate really... we all want an edge rusher and there are a few really good ones but if he takes QW it’s not the end of the world but it’s definitely not what we all want.

ColoradoContrails, westiedog1 and FJF like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Sorry, you're correct. I forgot which thread I was in. Someone else has a thread about Greedy Williams. I don't want another interior DL. I'd be more inclined to take him than Greedy Williams, but I think there might be a taker in a trade down for Q. Williams. If so, I'm taking the trade down. If not, I'm taking Burns or Taylor.

12. NCJetsfan

That would be understandable, but the thing is, if G. Williams has the Jets' D a top 10 D this season, he could get a HC offer somewhere and not even be here next year, and we still wouldn't have an edge rusher.

13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Yep you don’t let a assistant coach be a major factor in a top 5 pick. Especially a coach proven to not stick around too long. He should have his say but it shouldn’t be a deciding factor

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. mrjet80

I was just being funny ....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. mrjet80

No I don’t . I think Bosa is showing himself to be a bit conceited along with possibly injury prone .

I really don’t know what I would do in that situation. Taylor and Burns are a slight reach at 3. At 6-8 either one of them would be OK. I know what Mac would do. He’s gonna take Bosa .....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.....5 more days.........thank god, . just 5 more days.........

FJF likes this.
  17. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kyler Murray to the Cardinals.
    Clem Haskins to the Giants in a draft day trade up.
    Bosa and Q both fall to the Jets because of Mac's 1st Round luck.

The survey says...

19. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Steven Ruiz (USA Today)

The Jets tried to trade out of the No. 3 pick, but couldn’t find a partner and “settled” for the best defensive player in the draft. Williams is a nose tackle at heart, and that position isn’t typically one taken this high in the draft, but he’s a different breed. Williams is just too quick for interior offensive linemen. Single-block him, and he’ll push right through the line. Double-team him and he’ll split it with quickness. The Jets didn’t need necessarily fill a major need with this pick, but it would’ve been hard to pass up on the value.

Catfish Billy likes this.