Not so bold prediction: Jets will start the season 2-0 after crushing Bills and Browns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

There you go.

We will start the season 2-0 after handling Bills easily then showing Mayfield his mama's triangle at Metlife.

NCJetsfan, Jets81, JetBlue and 4 others like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You're right - that's not so bold at all. I'd be worried about the month following......

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

O great football gods, avert thine eyes! Thou hast nothing to see here!

JetsNation06, jonnyd and FJF like this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They might start 2-0 but if they do I will say two close wins over the Bills and Browns. This Jets team is coming off a 4 win season so I doubt they crush anybody. When you factor in new coaches, new system, and scheme it might take time for them to build chemistry. Hope you are right about the 2-0 start but 0-2 would not surprise me either.

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If we aren't 4-0 after two games everybody needs to be sacked instantly.

6. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Any given Sunday. The Browns may not be easy to crush. I think we're more than capable of beating them, but these aren't the Browns of two years ago.

I just think it's foolish to look at a schedule and assume that there's any easy ride. Of all the pro sports, it seems like the NFL is the least predictable.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We SHOULD beat those teams if we are to be taken seriously.
    Tired of losing to teams we should beat.

The difference in a 6-10 season and a 10-6 season comes down to a few plays a game....
    ........and calls that seems to always bite us in the ass but mostly plays. lol

The Bills are in the same boat we are but had a better defense and we managed to beat them, once.
    The Browns had a better defense and our Defense crumbled due to lack of prep.

Both these games should be won with the squad we have.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any "should" here. The Bills and Browns haven't exactly been standing pat. The Bills have improved their OL and offense. The Browns have a new HC and a better QB than we do and they added one of the best WRs in the game. I'm sure that there are other moves that both teams have made as well.

#8 NCJetsfan, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    cval, NYJetsO12 and Royal Tee like this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I can go with the prediction of a win over Buffalo, as I am not in any way an Allen believer, but saying the Jets will crush the Browns strikes me as completely crazy. There is absolutely nothing right now to suggest that that is even remotely reasonable.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Not that crazy. The Jets had a 14-0 lead and eventually lost 21-17 last year, at Cleveland, on a short week, and playing 3 games in 10 days. This time they will be at home, after adding some key pieces including an upgraded Coaching Staff. Sam is in Year 2, Baker is in Year 2, they added OBJ, the Jets added Bell. It's not easy playing on the road. I don't know what you consider crushing, but a 34-24 game seems possible. Although, after watching the Jets the last 3 seasons, picking them to crush anybody is a little bit crazy. :)

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This picture's a little grainy, but it appears to show the Jets defense in their black alternates sacking Mayfield.

FinnishJET, Vahncase, cval and 3 others like this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Those cops look fat to me.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The Jets had a 14-0 lead over an incompetent QB. Once a good one came in they were torched. Both teams have added important pieces, but the Browns did it to a team that won 3 more games. The Jets have a completely new coaching staff, which doesn't mean they're better - we don't have the slightest idea, and plenty of people on here thought (maybe still think) that hiring Gase was a gigantic mistake.

Don't ask me what completely crushed means - I was just quoting @Brook! . And sorry, but right now, before we have a clue who gets drafted by either team, who gets signed when players are released, who gets hurt and needs to be replaced, etc., IMO the Browns are clearly better than the Jets, and their GM is likely to be better at all of the things I just mentioned than is the Jets GM. I see no reasonable argument right now to predict that the Jets will beat them in week 2.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Not disagreeing but we have taken a step also aand IMO we were even with them..I thought both teams were good and we were right there.
    That said, I think our talent AND coaching gives us the edge, I really thing we FINALL are getting this shit right.
    That "Should" is only based on paper and intangibles.
    I'm of the "any given Sunday" belief.

NYJetsO12, NYJFOREVER and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Get back to us in three weeks to explain yourself

twown and FJF like this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

They were up after shutting down Tyrod Taylor. We won’t be facing Taylor this time.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

And the Browns won't be facing Todd "Toilet" Bowles this time ... there might actually be a Jets team capable of making adjustments at halftime for once

Sam Hammer, Acad23, NY Jets68 and 4 others like this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hopefully our CS will gameplan for Baker this time. I don’t think it is at all crazy to think the Jets can start the season 2-0 but to expect it is what leads to disappointment.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Browns are not clearly better. Both teams are similar and have many question marks. The Browns had only 1 victory against a playoff team last year, same as our Jets. A 12-9 win over Baltimore week 5 in which their defensive coordinator won the game for them. That defensive coordinator will now be on the Jets sideline.

The media will be kissing the Browns' asses, I suspect on MNF countdown they will all pick the Browns to win. But Vegas will have it as a close game and the Jets will win.