Bold Prediction Explained

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsO12, Apr 20, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"and I fully expect 10 wins"......

It was about 3 weeks ago that I made such an assertion. Almost immediately, this was met with a Tsunami of dislike and negation. How could I make such an unrealistic proclamation with so many uncertainties? !!? With the Jets 2019 Schedule official, let me say that there are always uncertainties with the Jets and the reaction I got was in a way to be expected. But even at this point in the year I believe we are poised to win a lot of games next season and repeat our feat of 2015 (10-6, 2nd AFC East).
    So lets first compare the past composition of the 2015 squad with 2019 team:

OFFENSE: In 2015, our old friend R Fitzpatrick was the QB (335 for 562 3900 yds/31 tds). Chris Ivory , when he wasn't sidelined ran for 1070 yds. Eric Decker had 80 catches for 1027 and 12 TDs. Brandon Marshall was 109 catches for 1502.,14 Tds. We also had an OL featuring our favorite N Mangold J Carpenter Brian Winters B Giacommini, D Brick Fergurson..not a bad bunch.
    DEFENSE: We had Lazy Mo Wilk, Lazy Len Williams (def Ends); Demario Davis, David Harris and and C Price at Linebacker; the CBs were D Mevi$ and father of the year A Cromartie. Safeties: C Pryor and m Gilchrist

Kicker was Bullock; Punter Quigley

Overall, not a bad crew led by the worst Coach in the NFL T Bowles and sidekick Kacy for the D. Other than the Texans and Titans very much the same schedule as this years. Result? 10-6 but with a horrendous no show performance against the Bills in our final game to miss playoffs

2019 JETS]: Today I would say the team is at least 75 percent better...especially where it counts ..on Offense. In the the previous 9 years the team has focused primarily on D and this drafting philosophy has gotten us nowhere. So now we have the most important piece in place a FQB S Darnold We certainly are still lacking for an OL but the addition of Osemele and prob C from the draft will help. If not, be prepared for a Mac and Cheese special filling out the OL from TC and Pre Season cast offs. Otherwise, by position the 2019 team is vastly superior: I mean who would you rather have RF or S Darnold? Levion Bell or Chris Ivory??? plus we now have very good receivers/backs J Crowder, Q Enunwa, R anderson, C Herndon Ty Mongomery.
    Defensively we continue to feature bad hair day Lenny Williams (DE) and no show T Johnson (CB). But with the addition of a Team Leader like CJ Mosely together with Adams, Avery Williamson , Daryl Roberts, should breath new fire here. Of course, come Draft Day we should be welcoming Bosa or Josh Allen and solve our edge rush problem!! Hopefully, we get a better player/picks when Lee is traded.

Coaching Staff: Compare the moribund Bowles with the energetic,gotta win now, duo of Gase/Williams?!. If this not an improvement we are in big trouble guys.
    Gase is cerebral, intelligent , has game planning ability...and most importantly a veteran HC (no more first timers!). I wanted M McCarthy but Gase has slowly won me over with his style even while dealing with Tourettes.
    Plus, as far as OC goes I dont think anyone here would prefer Master Chan Gailey helping SD versus A Gase,,,ahahahahaha

2019 OPPONENTS

I have grouped them into Hard, Borderline and Easy categories:

HARD (4 games) Cleveland Browns, NE Patriots (twice) Phil Eagles, ......need 1 win here

BORDERLINE: (3 games) Dallas Cwboys, Balt Ravens, Pitt Steelers...need 1 win here

EASY (9 games): Jack Jags, Miami 2xs Buffalo 2xs Cinci Wash Oakland Giants ...need 8 wins here

THE SCHEDULE: I will grab a page from my good friend NC :

"No West Coast trip, no 3 games in 11 days, early Pats games, cool weather for fla games, no 3 game rtrips, easy opener, NE Phil and Balt are toughest away games Mon night games have extra day of prep, 10 very winnable and 6 fairly winnable games..."

The Easier games are those against teams projected by Vegas to win 5-6 games. No one out of this group scares me other than Jax who have a good D and now N Foles. Miami and Buff are semi improved but I think we will sweep one of them. Oakland has A Brown now.

The Borderline group has Vegas saying they win 8 1/2 to 9 games. Steelers are depleted; Ravens have a trick team with L Jackson working on becoming a better passer. Ravens lost a number of good players on D Eric Weddle, Smith, Suggs, Mosely to Jets. Dallas is a decent team but we get them at home with 5 games under our belt. Both Mosely and L Bell psyched for former team revenge.

The Hard Group is vegas projected at 9-11 Wins. The Browns are clearly the most improved team in the NFL esp after getting OBJ ...we get them early on but theres too much firepower for B mayfield ..Kitchens will have his knives out..heheheh. Two games with NE (champs): A genius Coach and the GOAT at QB..they lost Gronk but what can I say? 3/4 of that team is no better than the average NFL team and all Bellichek does is take them to SBs..a split with them would be sweet. Eagles are former SB winners ..hey the Jets never beat the Eagles..Wentz may be suspect but I doubt it

THE WIND UP: We need just two wins from 7 of our harder opponents but 8 wins from 9 of our easiest ones>>>>viola 10 wins

GO JETS!

#1 NYJetsO12, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Who are you again?

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The internet should come with a breathalyser attached.

You have waited three weeks to do this lol you haven't even been arsed to actually do a synopsis game by game on where the mythical 10 wins will come from.

Also for the 999th time it was about "expecting period" not that we may be capable of winning 10 games.

Also any Jets fan that uses the word goat in reference to Brady should be instantly given a holiday.

#3 K'OB, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Ralebird, HomeoftheJets and Jets69 like this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know... I appreciate the effort, but you're saying our offence is 75% better than a team that had a thousand-yard rusher and TWO thousand-yard receivers?

azhar80 and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Anything can happen. There's always a team or two that comes out of nowhere has a season better than most people expected.

I view the Jets & Browns as being on about the same level. The Vernon & OBJ trades put them ahead by a bit but there's still the draft to come.

I'm hearing the Jets mentioned as a possible trade destination for the Seahawks Clark if that happens and say we get Quinnen Williams at #3 why not us?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well yes..I am predicting a Team that will better the 2015 one given our personnel right now

The 2019 Jets is a Team that in my 5 decades of cruising with this clunker of a franchise, has never looked this good (on paper) hahaha

Sam Darnold looked sharp his last 4 games last year..in 2019 he has weapons now particularly in Lev Bell and a Defense that is slowly coming together that will help us where it counts..the 4th quarter

The brain trust is also improved..and I've posted this before..management (Coaching staff) helps us win in many important ways

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Thank God you cleared this up. Ive been waiting for 3 weeks.

Ralebird, Donttasemebro, FJF and 3 others like this.
  8. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Jets coaches have always done well in their first year, in recent memory.

Its easy to forget just how good Brandon Marshall was in 2015. That really made the difference on offense. Let’s hope Lev Bell can make that same dynamic difference.

9. Dierking

Its fucking amazing, isn't it?

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Outdone only by Christ himself rising from the dead

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

If only these offseason super Bowls we win every year, would translate to the regular season, can't wait for week 4 threads with all the fire the entire coaching staff threads, and The why isn't Bell rushing for 500yrds a game.

12. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Every year someone in the NFL goes worst to first.

Hey why not us

NYJetsO12 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  13. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Or look at it the other way: Why us?
    - Added Bell and Mosley
    -Revamped coaching staff (could go either way, i'm choosing to be positive)
    -Darnold has a year under his belt
    -The receivers have a season and full off-season to gel with Darnold
    -Still do not know what we will add in the draft (again i choose positivity)
    -Least amount of travel in the league
    -Team looked great down the stretch and i expect them to continue growing from there.

This is just off the top of my head, I am sure I am missing some. Also, I did not mention other teams. Brady is a year older and lost Gronk. The Fins are a mess. etc etc. Games are played on the field, I get you don't win the superbowl in the spring, but this team and fanbase has a lot to look forward to.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We’ve had better teams on paper. All of the AFCC teams for instance. This team has question marks at OL, CB, and even QB because we don’t know for sure that Sam will make the jump. WR’s have something to prove as well.

Definitely not the best roster on paper.

15. Dierking

Resurrection is totally overrated. Look at NCJets for example.

Biggs, joe, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Because we are the NY Jets :confused:

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wow you best find some thing to do that will improve your life cause to take the time to think it up & then post up means U need a new life. If I was you I would take the years you are a NYJ fan then added the rest to you get to 50 then pulled this post up as in that time frame I gave you you may never/ever see a NYJ SB win based on the current ownership & front office people & coaches :mad:

CBG and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Oh....... So THAT'S why you said you fully expect 10 wins... I was wondering. I see now. Happy Easter TGG! :)

K'OB likes this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks for the effort my friend. Good post. 10 wins is the upper limit for this team thiough. I expect to be around 7 wins.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If only Mac could draft.

tomdeb, Brook! and FJF like this.