Quinnen should be the pick at #3

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Apr 20, 2019.

1. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

ft2019/story/_/id/26554480/quinnen-williams-next-generation-tackle-soon-nfl-star

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree that Williams should be the pick. Totally.

3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm fine with him being the 3rd pick if we trade out.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You can’t justify taking a DT when you already have one making $14 mil and you run a 3-4 base defense with not a competent pass rusher in sight. “BPA” is not a good reason. Not with this team as currently constructed.

Edit: that being said if we take Williams I’m not going to kick and scream. Maybe that means we look to trade Leo before the season starts which also saves us money next season because we’ll have his replacement on the cheap. Plus he’s really good.

#5 BroadwayAaron, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I will dick punch Mac if he takes Williams.

6-10 once again likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG noooooooooooooooooooo

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Quinnen Williams looks awfully beastly to me. It's tempting to pick him if he's there

But we still need to bolster things in other places. Who's our center? I'd love to get into the 2nd round and draft someone who projects to be a pretty good receiver. Could use a corner...oline depth.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The real problem is the Jets need immediate help in several places . There is only one # 3 pick.

The Jets have been waiting 12 years now for this exact situation regarding their pass rush. The QB black hole has finally been taken care of. Now it’s time to address the defensive black hole . EDGE.

Williams is a good player. Just the wrong year.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I really don't see anything in that article to justify taking him at #3 onto a team that already has interior DLs. Maybe if the Jets trade Leo for a boatload before the draft and want to take Q, to replace him, I might feel differently, but I would much rather they keep Leo and draft a TRUE pass rusher.

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree, but would be on board with the pick if Allen and Bosa are the first two picks. That's not likely but stranger things have happened in a draft.

11. mrjet80

Is Allen and Bosa go 1-2 I would hope another QB needy team offers a boatload to trade up ahead of the Raiders....

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  12. mrjet80

Or what about this scenario - they take Q, turn around and trade Leonard for a second round pick, then send that pick ( along with another maybe a third next year ) to Seattle for Clark ?

See how the wheels turn as we move into draft week........LOL

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Part of me says you take the best player in the draft and I do believe Quinnen is a beast.

BUT

We've been down this road before. We are 3-4 team and while I think Gregg will mix it up to help Q get pressure on the QB. We've been sold that excuse for nearly a decade.

I probably will feel not happy about it on draft day. After that I would just hope for the best.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm more confident that we need a pass rusher than I am that Williams is better than Allen or Bosa.

15. mrjet80

What else can you do at that point?

With 5 days left til the draft let’s recap what we’ve all heard in the last 24 hours so far...

1 The Jets want to trade down for a boatload of picks ( I realize this has been discussed for a few months )
    2. Ed Oliver is their favorite prospect
    3. The Jets are still talking to Seattle about trading for Clark.
    4. They never met with Bosa but it doesn’t matter because he probably won’t be there at #3 but if he is he’ll be the pick ......

I’m sure I’ve missed some ......

There’s nothing like holding the # 3 pick with less than a week to go.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the board is higher on Allen than the Jets are. I’m fairly certain the Jets will trade down, if that’s the case I can live with a number of players, including Williams but I do prefer Oliver over Williams.

Noam likes this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

I think if Bosa is there at 3, the Jets will look to trade with the Raiders or a few spots down to get that 2nd back. With the first rounder we take Oliver and then look to flip our newly acquired 2nd for Clark.

18. mrjet80

You really think they’d pass on Bosa ? That may turn out to be the right move as my gut tells me something’s not right with him. But that would take a lot of balls......

I don’t know how old you are but if you remember his father - John Bosa - was a first round pick of the Dolphins in 1987 and was a big time bust . Everybody talks about Nick - nobody mentions the father ...

#19 mrjet80, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Well it fits the narrative about why they want to trade down. Putting any trades for Clark aside, if Mac and co think that Ed Oliver is the best player on the board then you definitely trade down because he isnt valued as a top 5 pick. If they can acquire extra picks in the process then it only helps them.

I think the Raiders in particular would be willing to throw us a 2nd round pick our way to move up 1 spot if Bosa is there because they need someone to fill the place of Mack and Bosa just the kind of player that will get their fans excited about the team again. With 3 day two picks we can then look to fill needs OL, corner, etc (assuming no trade for Clark).