Mock Draft 3.0 04-17-19

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 17, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's probably more a matter of semantics, but I disagree. I think a #1 WR has certain specific qualities or characteristics. Not every team has a true #1 WR. Some teams have several #2 WRs or a mix of #2s and #3s. IMO Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry, and Robbie Anderson are NOT #1 WRs.

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

They will get good compensation if a trade is executed. The trade is worth it if you want to protect Darnold. Oline is the top need. Yes Pass rush is a big one too, but protecting Sam is priority #1, 2 and 3

3. NCJetsfan

I agree that protecting Sam should be priority #1, 2 & 3, but unfortunately, don't think this is the draft to fix the OL. Trading for Osemele was a very good start, then Mac wimped out as he always does with the OL. IMO he royally FUBARED by not signing a C. There may be an OG who can help us in the bottom of the 3rd round or 4th round, but barring a trade down, I don't think we'll have a shot at any OT other than maybe Tytus Howard. I don't want Jonah Williams at all. If they're committed to taking an OT, I'd rather they trade down lower and take Dillard. We can't afford to miss on an OT prospect, so that rules out Little and Cajuste for me, and we probably won't have a shot at them anyway unless we trade down. I'd rather they just wait until next year when there is a strong, deep OL class, and then draft a LT prospect, a C if we don't draft one this year, an OG, and a RT.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

in that context i'll agree with you. I just don't agree with what you consider to be a number 1 guy. landry and hill not #1 WRs? that's just insane to me. you don't have to be huge and fast to be a number 1 guy. antonio brown measurable-wise is about as medicore as one could get and he was a 6th round pick and he's the best WR in the NFL. ODB is and he's short (under 6')

5. GasedAndConfused

i get that for sure and i agree with it, i'm just saying you don't pass on a pro bowl caliber player to get a mediocre one because it fills a need.

with that said if we could say land a trade with the giants for the 6 and 17 picks i'd be happy with taylor at 6 and BPA pass rusher at 17 and there will be a good edge rusher at 17.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. To me, a #1 WR isn't simply the top WR on his team. You have to consider the WR's skill set and where he'd rank relative to everyone else in the NFL who plays his position.

And I agree that you can't have a star at every position, but it'd be nice to have a few studs at the skill positions. Bell is one. Maybe Herndon becomes another. I just don't see Robby becoming that and would like for us to get a WR who can become a #1 WR either this year or next. But as I said earlier, we'll have to agree to disagree about that.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Tyrek Hill is one of the most important Wr the Chiefs have. He Makes that offense go. Without a doubt Tyrek Hill is a number 1 Wr. ( one of the most explosive weapons in the game) You need to watch more than Jets games because that was a silly response that Tyrek Hill isn't a number 1 Wr.

Every team in the Afc West is hoping Tyrek Hill looking at a suspension. He's such a big part of Chiefs offense, that if he's out for extended time the chances of the Chiefs winning the AFc West aren't great.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

I never said it meant top on the team. why do you keep saying that? browns have 2 WR1 (ODB and landry) the bills don't have a WR1. it has nothing to do with a teams depth chart. it's about being one of the top players in the NFL at their position and it doens't have to be top 5. being a top 25-30 WR makes you a low end WR1. IDK why your argument is to say stuff i never said to debate. I'm saying the same thing you are, you are just way underrating robbies ability IMO and IYO i'm overrating it. but at least drop the nonsense arguing against something i never said. this is like the 3rd time it's like borderline trolling at this point. either that or you don't read. We can agree to disagree on how good robbie is. that is fine but can we do it without the other nonsense please?

9. NCJetsfan

You make a strong case for your perspective, and perhaps mine is dated and old-fashioned. I'll have to give it some more thought. Thanks for the discussion.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Yes, he's the Chiefs' top WR and is explosive and dynamic, but he still doesn't fit my definition of what a #1 WR is. As I told Gased and Confused, perhaps my view on what constitutes a #1 WR is out-of-date, and I will re-think the matter, but for the present, I don't see him as a #1 WR.

11. GasedAndConfused

i get where your coming from. the idea of a number 1 WR was a big and fast guy. like remember when we took keyshawn 1st overall. you never see a WR go 1st overall anymore. even randy moss slipped in the draft because people felt he was too skinny to be a number 1 guy. WRs like julio, calvin, fitz, hopkins etc are pretty dam rare. you don't see many 6'3" strong burners with ball skills and great hands and great route running. WR is one of those positions that is hard to gauge and measurable don't mean much. stephen hill had all the measurables to be a WR1 and was a complete bust for us. meanwhile a guy like steve smith was a late pick and everyone said he was too small to be a real WR in the NFL let alone a WR1 and look how he turned out. hines ward too was considered good at everything great at nothing but he was a WR1. meanwhile guys with size/speed falter at WR more then any other position. there are more 1st round bust WRs then any other position and more good WRs not drafted in the 1st round in the NFL then other positions. Sure if you can get the next calvin johnson you take him but I don't see anyone being that right now this year in the draft. even theilen was a 4th round WR and look at him now. he's a WR1. I get your point for sure but i think you are thinking more about getting an elite game changing WR then simply a WR1 and even at that i'd easily call ODB and tyreek hill elite game changing WRs. For me a WR1 could probably be best put as a guy defenses key in on and worry about when game planning. I guarantee robbie keeps DC up at night. he was constantly double and tripled teamed all season long and still performed. teams almost always had safety help over the top or gave him a huge cushion. he puts fears in DBs with his speed alone. the jets were just too dumb to use him underneath to soften the cushion so he can go over the top. instead they kept letting him run downfield every play despite DBs giving him a huge cushion and having a safety over the top. that alone though opened up more over the middle for guys like herndon. that's what a WR1 does IMO. Even when ODB wasn't putting up stats, he was still a WR1 because he took the attention of the defense so others could make plays. That was the revis effect for us. revis was such a good CB he took away the other teams WR1 by himself which doens't happen these days and made everyone on defense better by doing that even though he had 0 INTs it didn't mean he wasn't elite. stats can lie

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No trolling intended. I just don't believe Robby is or will ever become a #1 WR. He's not a low end #1 WR. That would be someone like Tyler Lockett IMO. Doesn't mean Robby can't contribute to the offense. He most certainly can. But he has too many limitations that will prevent him from becoming a #1 WR.

13. GasedAndConfused

that's fine like i said we can agree to disagree on how we view robbies talent level. I was just saying you don't have to keep saying that my point was because he is our top WR makes him a number 1. i never said that once and corrected you on that like 3 times and you kept using it as an argument. lots of starting players in the NFL aren't' starting caliber you don't judge someone just because they are a starter. I'm not that dumb, you should know better. In the same sense some teams have multiple WR1s like the browns now or when the broncos had sanders and DT or the colts with wayne and harrison and then wayne and hilton. and some teams have no WR1s like u think we do (i disagree) but i would say the fins and bills don't. The giants don't, the redskins dont, the cards don't etc etc

14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah, they absolutely should have been more aggressive signing Paradis or the dude from KC that signed with buffalo. (Name evades me at the moment)

15. NCJetsfan

Mitch Morse