The Official 2018-19 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 21, 2018.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Carolina with their fun and games has built a nice little home advantage, Ovie shouldn't fight it just takes him off the ice for 5 minutes and that helps Canes

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Not me! Very surprising. The Tampa Bay Lightning and Pittsburgh Penguins could be eliminated by 10:00 tonight. Unbelievable. Neither looked like they had much fight in them Game 3, so they both need to step it up big time to avoid elimination tonight.
    I thought that play would shift the tide back to the Capitals (Only 1-0 Canes at the time), but it did not happen. Plus it gave the Canes fans a reason to get even louder and make Ovechkin into a villain (despite the fact Svechnikov asked to fight him). The Canes instead rallied together since he was injured and played even better. Caps just need to refocus, but you are right: nice home advantage for the Hurricanes.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Holy crap, the Lighning got swept, and swept badly. I could see Cooper both winning the Adams Award and getting fired.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I suspect TB will keep Cooper but make some player changes. The second round is going to be very interest; can the Jackets keep this up against the Bruins or Leafs? I think they can. I think the Avs up 2-1 on the Flames is just as big of a surprise. The Jackets are more talented than your average second wildcard.

Knights have quickly turned this series around on the Sharks. My overaction to game 1 is embarrassing.

5. The Dark Knight

I think Cooper is a great Head Coach, but if he got fired for this disaster, I don't think anyone could disagree. I am still in shock from that series. I posted that CBJ had a chance, but no way did I think they could sweep. Or win in 5. or 6. I would have guessed a Game 7 fluke would be their best chance. And some luck along the way. Instead, they truly dominated the Bolts.

6. JetBlue

The Bruins/Leafs series is hard to watch. As much as I hate the Leafs, I know the Bruins are a tougher matchup for the Isles and should want to see them lose.

7. The Dark Knight

I thought that series would go 7 and the Bruins tying the series tonight (2-2) keeps that thought going. It's been a fun series so far. The Stars also tied the series with Nashville tonight at (2-2).

This extra day is brutal for me. After losing 5-0 on Monday, I want the Caps back on the ice ASAP. Tomorrow should be intense in Carolina.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

Another tough Capitals loss tonight and now TJ Oshie is OUT for a long time. Series tied 2-2, after the Canes 2-1 win tonight. The Caps played better, but the way the Hurricanes defense swarms is impressive. They fly around, yet don't allow anything. Best of 3 now, with Caps losing a key piece.......

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

WOW - I have a massive headache.
    Building was very loud tonight.

TDK - I fully expect the Caps to bring it in game 5.
    It has been too long for me since I have seen playoff hockey live. I have been fortunate to witness 3 cups being raised and I still am amazed how it is like no other sport in person.

Whatever happen the Canes have definitely validated what Brind Amour has done with this team.

10. The Dark Knight

No doubt. The Hurricanes have been really impressive. That instant goal to start the game was tough for the Caps. Then the late goal in the 2nd was a back breaker. Carolina played great defense and scored in key moments. That is how you win. They also continue to look faster than the Caps and are using their speed to their advantage. I don't think I underestimated the Canes, but I did expect the Capitals to play better and adjust better. Credit goes to the Canes. Best of 3 now with the Caps having home ice, but the Canes having the momentum.

11. JetBlue

Canes/Caps is going to be chippy the next three games.

The underdogs continue to dominate the playoffs. Blues with a big comeback. Stars tied with the Preds. Avs lead the Flames. Knights hopefully close out the Sharks tonight. Incredible.

The Dark Knight and CBG like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

let all these series GO LONG and they can play as many Over Times as they wish !

The Dark Knight and stinkyB like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

Yeah, crazy playoffs so far. The Sharks with a big game last night to force Game 6, but I expect the Golden Knights to close them out in Vegas Sunday. That Blues game was crazy. Jets fans were in total shock and disbelief and filled with disappointment. You would think it was New York, not Winnipeg! Hey oh!

As for Canes-Caps, the series is tied 2-2 but the Hurricanes have been the better team so far. I thought they played pretty well in DC and then clearly were better in Carolina outscoring the Caps 7-1. Most importantly: Carolina has dictated play. The Capitals players keep talking about playing at that next level or gear, but they better hurry up and find it fast, or they will join the Lightning and Penguins on the golf course in April.

Only 2 games tonight: Maple Leafs-Bruins tied 2-2 and Colorado with a chance to eliminate Calgary.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. JetBlue

Best moment from the Blues/Jets game; is she laughing at his misery or just smiling from shock:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I am slightly rooting for the Leafs over the Bruins. If the Isles make it far enough to play either of them, I feel much better against the Leafs. And it would be a much more interesting story.

CBG and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

I think shock and she looks pretty cute, so he should count his blessings.:D That is literally my nightmare though when at a hockey game but especially the playoffs: late second goal to lose a game. Blowing a 2-0 lead is even worse. Winnipeg fans are great, but they have had a brutal 3 home games this series.

16. JetBlue

Wow, the Avs just dominating the Flames. That’s a bigger surprise than the Jackets beating the Bolts.

The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Flames with no defense to help their goalie, not even last years Islanders gave up this many shots on goal per game.

He faced over 50 shots on goal 3 out of 4 games, that’s pickup hockey defense they are playing.

#157 Red Menace, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    The Dark Knight and CBG like this.
  18. JetBlue

The only Flames games I watched this year were the two games we looked terrible against them. I assumed they were a legit number 1 seed.

19. The Dark Knight

Philipp Grubauer looked really good in the series. Nice to see him continue to improve. If Vegas gets past the Sharks, a Grubey-Fleury match-up would be fun to watch.

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I truly believe the winner of tonight’s game in Washington wins the series.

If Canes win the momentum carries forth back at home.
    If Caps win, they may or may not win game 6 but if they don’t they find a way in game 7.

Really looking forward to a good one tonight.

The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.