NFL Schedule released.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Football is quite often about momentum, luck and being in the right place at the right time. In 2006 we had a team that hated their coach and was not very good but had the good fortune to play as easy a schedule as one will ever play. We played almost every team when they were playing their worst. We played at least 3 teams starting new QBs from the Titans to the debut of Cleo Lemon. We were able to snowball that luck into a playoff birth.

Beating bad teams can make a bad team good just as a good team can become bad by losing close games. These are 20 something year old kids living in a magnifying glass with tons of pressure. That 6 game stretch is brutal and it could break this team.

The 2014 Jets team was arguably better than the 8 win 2013 team but it played a brutal stretch to start the year against some of the best pass defenses and best opposing QBs in the league. That team had confidence to start the year and beginning with the turn around in GB it slowly got broken to the point they lost all confidence and gave up. Give that team a more balanced start and it likely would not have imploded and could have challenged for a playoff spot. But, football often mirrors life it's not always fair.

This is the type of schedule that could break a young team. We need players to buy in and believe in Sam and in Gase. A 1 and 7 or 2 and 6 start not only means a lost year but it means a lot of finger pointing by the media and a major setback for Sam.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, and I'm not afraid of them. I just think it will make it a little tougher to win that game, but when we do, it will be that much sweeter!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Beating cheap teams doesn't make your team good, it just makes your team the best shitty team. And then when you play a good team in the first round of the playoffs, you get your ass handed to you. That's not being prepared for success.

If a bad 6 game stretch breaks a team, then they are built with a weak core and weak leadership and they werent going anywhere in the first place. A winning streak against a crappy schedule is a mirage of strength, not a building block.

Are you a tee ball coach or something?

HomeoftheJets and Donttasemebro like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think that Sam is a quitter. I know that Mosley isn't, and with his leadership, and the fire of Gase and G. Williams, I don't think we'll have that kind of start unless we have a couple of major injuries in TC, or the talent level is a lot lower than I think.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

This. Never understood the bitching about the schedule. Some Jets fans just love complaining and playing the victim.....the "we always get screwed" game. The NFL could give the Jets 16 home games this year and fans would complain that we have way too many cold weather games late in the year....

regan62072, NYJetsO12 and abyzmul like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'll give it my best effort.:cool:

Brook! likes this.
  7. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't think the last 9 games are bad at all. Fish - Giants - Skins - Raiders - Bungles - Fish could easily be a 6 game winning streak. imho the Raven's aren't very good either, yes its a short week on the road but where is the talent on the Ravens? I like our chances against Steelers at home, Bell will want to show them they made a mistake, Steelers WR corp is weak at best after Smith-Schuster and it will be interesting to see if Connor can succeed without defenses having to account for 2 top receivers (Brown and Smith-Schuster) on every play. I think Connor will be targeted and he'll struggle a bit.

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Good teams stack wins bad teams stack losses. Nobody knows the strength of schedule looking forward. We will know it at the end of the season looking backward.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Virgin Atlantic sale, £350 return. Booked. Mrs Donkey is now singing New York, New York. :)

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I did that one year. We lost both badly, started 2-5 and still made the playoffs ..2002 iirc

FJF and Brook! like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Very good. Cowboys are going down my friend. :)

donkey likes this.
  12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The johnson have proven without a shadow of a doubt that they are at the very bottom of the owners group as a comparison to them would be the Bengal owner both of them at the very bottom of the owner group:mad:

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They all count the same. It's the NFL there are no 'easy' wins especially for a team that has yet to prove they can win.

Stacking Ws builds confidence.

The Pats have been loading up on Ws inside the AFC East for nearly 20 years now. Think they care when people point out how 'easy' their division is to win every year?

I remember back in 2004 when people complained how the Jets didn't beat many 'quality' opponents on their way to 10-6 then in the playoffs they knocked off the 12-4 Chargers again and came within two Doug Brien missed fgs from knocking off the 15-1 Steelers.

Who the heck are we to be inspecting Ws for 'quality' anyway? As if we're victory connoisseurs? 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 the past three seasons.

I say get 'em anyway ya can.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes, I was at both... both beatdowns. At least Pennington stepped in the JAGS game and got the starting job

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No question. It's amazing that an NFL franchises in Dallas, New England, Los Angeles, Washington, San Francisco and Chicago are worth more than the Jets. Even the NY Giants are worth a half a billion more. A spectacular failure by any metric.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This.

Jets fans bitch about literally everything.

More than any fan base in the NFL.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

We have an amazing home slate of games this year. Week 4 bye kinda sucks but it is what it is.

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So the chat was the Jets have an easy schedule this season, is it just me that is looking at that and not really thinking, yup, that is one easy season for us. :confused:

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Interesting point.

But two NFL teams playing in the same stadium has to be factored in.

There's only so many fans to go around.

The Jets got the dumb ones...

#119 Acad23, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Yup, although a few teams are trading on their legacies. Replace the opposing team names with their roster QB1 names and things don’t look quite so bad, Brady excepted.

FJF likes this.