NFL Schedule released.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Apr 16, 2019.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Actually, I was talking about the article that people have been talking about for 2 pages and 4 hours.

Hackenberg likes this.
  2. abyzmul

Just don't ask him to pick bits of frosting from your shoulder hair after you burst from the cake.

donkey, MaximusD163 and Brook! like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This schedule is fantastic.

Poster Hackenberg might even say it's a conspiracy designed to embarrass a fat Tom Brady & Happy Ending Kraft.

Our new uniforms play a part in the master plan...but I can't quite figure out what...

Help me out Hack!

stinkyB, abyzmul and FJF like this.
  4. Mister OMG

Mister OMG Member

Allen showed just as much as darnold last year. As of right now I would say we’re even, at best, with the bills

5. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Well after looking at the schedule it looks like our road trip will be heading to Jacksonville. I’m a little concerned about the heat after going to Miami last season.

Anybody have any advice ? Which side of the field ie the sunny side ? Probably the visiting team right ?

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Late October the weather should be great (some of the nicest of the year after April/May)... and yes, visiting side (East) will face the sun the whole time

GWjet likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Love the sarcasm but my kind request is to leave him alone and not provoke him. :)

8. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Ok lol

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I do a road trip every year, and if Miami game is in Nov, that's where I'll go this year.

Gets seats on the Miami sideline, as that's the side that gets shade earlier.

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I pretty much agree with everything you say. The early BYE kinda sucks and the back to back Florida games isn't the greatest but I suppose it's a pick your battle type thing - overall the positives outweigh the negatives and as you say 10 very winnable games. I don't look at the schedule and say loss off the bat with any team. The Eagles, Patriots, and Ravens are the toughest but not impossible.

As I'm sure you know the Jets have never beaten the Eagles and have never beaten the Ravens in Baltimore - but this is pre-draft, pre training camp, and you never know how the ups and downs of an NFL season will effect each week. This is starting to have the feel of a potentially exciting season.....

BudJet, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There is not a team there that is scary outside of New England in New England. No reason why this team isn’t on the “in the hunt” graphics the last month of the season.
    I like the Thursday night week 15 game. Gives us a mini bye before what could be must win games 16 and 17.

BudJet and dawinner127 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I looked at the schedule too quickly and totally missed that the week 15 game is on Thursday night in Baltimore. The lack of preparation time is going to make that game a LOT tougher.

twown likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But we have Greg Williams who saw them twice last year and cj Mosley so we have some knowledge of what they want to do. Baltimore doesn’t scare me

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Not to sure why everyone gets so worried about the schedule, no one has any idea which teams will be good and bad.

The only time I felt The NFL really fucked us with the schedule was in 2014....everyone should be thrilled we are getting New England early, it's when they seem to be most vulnerable.

BudJet and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Looking at the schedule there is a real oppurtunity for things to snowball bad. Those 6 games after the Bills game are brutal. A 3-4 record would be pretty wonderful but 0 to 2 wins is more realistic. I am hoping we can survive those opening 7 games. If we can win 3 or 4 games things will be looking very good. My fear is seeing everything implode if we start losing after the bye.

I hate what they did to us with this schedule. A young team and young QB can be fragile things that need to be fed confidence and wins. Giving us such a brutal start seems designed to destroy our year before we can ever build any momentum.

#95 Noam, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  16. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Interesting schedule, a little different than I expected especially with the early bye. Even though Manish likes his overplayed controversial headlines, he is not a journalist who generally publishes factual inaccuracies so this is likely the real schedule. Yet somehow... It is just weirdly structured.

17. abyzmul

Are they developing a QB or raising a baby panda?

Winning QBs get that way by learning in adverse situations and under pressure, they already have what appears to be a pretty weak schedule as it is, and they aren't really traveling much at all throughout. It's a little much to ask that they also have a schedule tailor made for baby steps.

Momentum IMO does not come from beating cupcake teams in favorable conditions, it comes from beating good teams and gaining confidence from it.

18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

And watch Mac draft ANOTHER panda at 3 when we have so many other needs. :mad:

abyzmul likes this.
  19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Man that's a early bye week. Aside from that it doesn't look too bad. Lotsa 1 pm games and due to my new work schedule I'm not hating the prime time games like I would have before. I'll miss the first half but I should (God willing) be able to catch the second half of those games.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hate the week 4 bye and then New England on a short week, but it is what it is. Start off 1-0 and take it from there. On to Buffalo