Rockinz Jets Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s that time!

Annually I put out my mock and as always I take skill, position of need and athleticism into account when making my selections for my beloved New York Jets. My mock is who I would take in these spots not who I think the Jets will take.

#3 - Josh Allen OLB - I absolutely love this prospect. He is a complete football player and lives to play the game. In my opinion he’s the best player in the draft and a can’t miss prospect. His combination of speed and size is amazing, he played multiple positions growing up playing football which gives him great football IQ. The more rape I watch of him the more I realize how great this kid is.

#68 - Hakeem Butler WR - Butler is a red zone master with great size. We have a burner in Robbie and now we get Sam a fade/back shoulder possession receiver with strong hands and athleticism.

#93 - Connor McGovern C - He is an awesome run blocker and decent in pass pro. It’s

#105 - Sheldrick Redwine CB - he is flying under the radar but has the skills to be a solid #2 corner with good speed and ideal size.

#196 - Kingsley Keke DT - Quick, strong and can get to the QB. Would fit perfectly as a DE in a 3-4 system built on speed.

#217 - Sean Rawlings OL - versatile offensive lineman with good size and potential. Would be a nice swing option at every position on the line.

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like the first 3 picks. Edge, OL, and skill position talent are addressed. As for the next 3 picks, I need to look up these players.

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I could definitely live with that draft. Good job. Taking a high ceiling low floor DT like Kingsley in the late rounds is definitely a better option then passing on a premium edge rusher like Allen in favor of Quinnen in round 1.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good job. I love Butler's potential, and would love to see the Jets get him, but I don't think Butler will be there at our first pick in the 3rd round. Even if he was, I think we'd have to pass on him and take McGovern there if McCoy and Jenkins are already gone (as they almost certainly will be). We can't afford to wait 25 more picks before we try to get a center. Not with only Harrison and Toth at center.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Butler at 68 is pretty unrealistic