What Team Do You Want The Jets To Open Against?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Mar 26, 2019.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

So it seems like there is one confirmed Week 1 game and a couple strongly rumored games as well, all prime time.

Thursday 9/5: GB @ CHI (Confirmed)
    SNF 9/8: NYG @ NE
    MNF 9/10: CLE @ NYJ

2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing rumors that Jets week 1 is vs Browns on Monday night. That would make more since if it was next year, as that would be the 50th anniversary of the first NFL Monday Night Game...… o_O

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If OJB has already seen the schedule it makes you wonder why the NFL waits so long to release it publicly . I was under the impression the NFL was still working out kinks and usually didn’t finish until a couple of days before the release......

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I remember when the NFL would simply release the schedule with zero fanfare.

Mister OMG and mrjet80 like this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the NFL waits to release it to the public either but I would guess the schedule is done and people in NFL circles( owners, GM's, HC's, other employees in the organization ) probably get or see an early copy of it and then that trickles down to the players. I am actually surprised more leaks don't come out given we are in the age of social media.

7. mrjet80

It would simply appear in the sports section one day in April. That's going back 20-30 years. In the last 10-15 years it has almost become a holiday becoming a prime time event.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Are you ready for this? One of the hardest games of the year against a Team that has been a doormat forever. Its one we could lose and prob wont be favored either..I put the Browns, NE and Philadelphia as our most difficult

I would prefer a confidence building Win for game one but this could certainly be exciting particularly if the Jets keep it close and their heads up after a loss.

A win against a stacked Offense like Cleveland would send quite a message early on.

9. WarriorRB28

A holiday? That's a bit of a stretch I think.

It's not like I'm waiting with bated breath to see the NFL schedule.

Just give me the schedule I'll give it a glance then move on.

IMO it's pure greed the NFL feels they have to bleed every rating, every dollar they possibly can out of anyone they can anywhere they can.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

True, but if we finish in 1st place and the Browns finish in last, then we won’t play them next year

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good point. It will be an honor just to have our Jets on the same field as the great Cleveland Browns. Hopefully they don’t beat us too bad. Maybe the league can institute a mercy rule for this one

Good grief

FJF and mrjet80 like this.
  12. WarriorRB28

Hey they beat the Jets last year. Completely shut out my 'franchise defender' Leonard Williams on the stat sheet. Mayfield outplayed Darnold in the second half.

BUT

This time the game will be played HERE. Hopefully my 'franchise defender' can work up a sack or two in this one now that he's playing at a $14.2 million salary and Darnold has made a big leap in year two.

It'll be a tough game no doubt they'll all be tough. What's a 'easy' game for a team coming off 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 seasons?

The Jets have to prove they're a good team that they have learned how to win BUT so do the Browns.:)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Browns are good, but definitely beatable. I would love for Sam to send a message to the rest of the NFL on opening weekend and dominate the Browns for a win. Their defense is pretty good, so it might be one of those 24-21 games. We don't know how good the Jets Defense will be yet though. It would be great to see them shut down the Browns O.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

It will be hard to shut down that offense. OBJ and Landry @ WR for a 1-2 punch?!? We do not have the CB's to compete with that. Sounds weird saying this but we'll have to beat them in a shoot out.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. mrjet80

Almost like a holiday type event - let's say the NFL builds it up to where it is now a prime time event. The NFL feeds on the fans obsessions and wala - ratings for another non-season night.

16. mrjet80

Yeah way to early to speculate on how " good " the Browns will be. On paper they look good let's see how the draft, training camp, and injuries play into opening night.......

17. mrjet80

Johnson will be OK.....right now # 2 CB looks rough but still early. The Jets #2 CB may not even be on the roster yet. I know one thing - the pass rush is going to be much improved if the draft holds to current form.....

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good post.

I have disagreed with you for an eternity.. BUT you hit the nail on the head for this one DWC

I suspect both defenses will be tested and yes a high scoring one if Landry and OBJ are running wild with Chubb and Hunt too...will Trumaine Johnson be playing that day?? hahah We are a very good offense but on paper the Browns could be better...the landscape is changing fast in the AFC

No one on this Board has fully grasped the job Dorsey has done with Cleveland..I am still waiting for Mac to find us a Center and of course a Pass Rusher but Iam actually confident he does.

19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agree
    Would prefer an “easier” matchup to work out the kinks

Like the Bills

But whatever. The Browns have been anointed “Americas team” this year so let’s see

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Isn’t Hunt suspended for first 4 or 8 games ? I forget

NYJetsO12 likes this.