Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

To put it mildly.
    You're waaaay too kind

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

It's not just that their plan was terrible; Tyrion's was too, but I can at least understand the character motivations for the invasion plan. Tyrion doesn't want to risk obliterating KL. Dany likely remembers that vision from season 2 of a burnt-out Red Keep, and doesn't want it to come true. So even if the plan was dumb, I understand why he came up with it, and why she would agree to it (and why after it failed she would just say 'fuck this' and go scorch some Lannisters).

Jon's plan? I don't believe even he would be stupid enough to suggest it. I don't believe anyone at that table would be stupid enough to think it would work, with so little objection, or that it was worth the extreme risk. But more than that, I don't believe that Dany would agree to it. Having tasted battle, having won so decisively, shouldn't she be on the warpath? Shouldn't she think there's no reason to not just go on and take the city? They played their scorpion bolt card, it didn't work, and ONE dragon turned a sizeable force to ash. All three, plus the Dothraki, plus the Unsullied (I saw Grey Worm in the finale preview, so they made it out of Casterly Rock somehow) would win the battle within days; even Jaime thinks so.

And what's the endgame? Barring the worst writing ever, leaving her alive and in charge will guarantee betrayal. She will also NEVER surrender, and even if she would, Dany could've just flown over there on Drogon and announced "surrender now or roast like Harrenhal". In fact, her best option all along, was to cut the head off the snake, subdue the South (with the same "follow me or burn" "choice" she gave the defeated Lannister/Tarly forces), THEN swing north.

But who knows, maybe they'll find some way to square this circle, or make all this nonsense pay off narratively, and not just with more empty spectacle. But I'm preparing myself for massive disappointment. Plus...even if this horseshit somehow works, I'm struggling to think of how they'll fill 6 episodes next year.

RuJFan likes this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

What, no one running around this week posting like a 10 year old, "I know what happened and you don't. Oooh, I'm gonna tell you, don't read anymore cause, I'm gonna tell you".

4. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Hopefully this won't happen as the posters on this site aren't complete bell ends.

5. The Waterboy

Well if you go back a couple of pages to before last weeks episode aired, someone here was doing just that since they happened to get a hold of the episode that was inadvertently released on HBO Nordic a couple of days early. They did go back and delete what they posted about the episode but not sure how long it was up there.

6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I missed that. Surely this is a thread to discuss after it's been aired on US tv. Pretty easy to keep to, unless...

The Waterboy likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

[​IMG]
    Well that was unexpected

8. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

So, not only did the field trip beyond the wall not end up convincing Cersei (and thank god, that would've been the worst storytelling fuckup of the series), it handed the Night King the means to obiterate a section of the wall and allow the undead army past (and I'm still not sure how they fished Viseryon out of the drink if they can't swim). And while they march north, Cersei consolidates the south behind them, though at least Jaime will warn them when he reaches them. GOOD JOB, HEROES!!! Tyrion's more right than he knows; they're fucked.

Also, yup, Dany and Jon's incestuous boning was exactly as gross as I thought it would be.

I could watch Arya slitting Littlefinger's throat all night. A little convenient, having Bran be the font of all knowledge, but at least this outcome means all the contrived strife between the sisters was them playing Petyr, and not the other way around, which I probably should've had confidence in, but after that idiotic wight plan I wasn't sure about these writers.

I'm also still not sure how they'll fill 6 episodes next year, but the writers proved that they're not complete morons, and they still do spectacle well, so it should at least be entertaining.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I agree what most have said about the writing this season.

Last night's episode was easily the best of the season and has given me a little renewed hope for the final one.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FJF likes this.
  11. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Winter is here!

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I binged the entire series last year. Looking forward to seeing how this ends

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I just saw the final episode.
    It ends with the survivors bitching about the new logo on the banner and the new army's uniforms.....:p

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

An interesting character named Darnold will seize the throne, those that complain will answer to him.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jon finds out he is the true heir to the throne (which we already knew). Wonder if even even says anything to Dany about it. He kept reiterating how the crown means nothing to him and he just wants to live.

Super hyped for next weeks episode.

16. 101GangGreen101

"Dude, you are making out with your Aunt"

[​IMG]

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good season premiere. It was actually a pretty light episode. I don't think it will stay that way much longer!

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Poor Bran. No one remembered to push his wheel chair inside the whole episode.

GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did they have to make a potential babe like Sansa frigid to play the roll of the Ice Queen?

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Well that episode was pretty boring. Some cool stuff, but only an hour long. With only 5 more episodes left in the series, I really hope they at least have some longer episodes, otherwise it's going to be extremely rushed.