Our Jets offense should be so much fun to watch.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 10, 2019.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

For many of years I've always believed in our defense since even before the Rex years. Not since Pennington, Martin and Coles have I ever truly been excited over our offense, as I currently am today.

QB: Sam Darnold.
    RB: Le'Veon Bell.
    WR1: Robby Anderson.
    Slot: Jamison Crowder.
    TE: Chris Herndon.
    WR2: Quincy Enunwa.

These aren't just names I'm dropping above, these are some seriously talented ball players and man. Offensive Line concerns aside but this offense when healthy will be so fun to watch we've now got so many options starting with a QB who has real deal Franchise QB potential in Sam Darnold. Can't remember the last QB we ever drafted where it feels like over 90% of our fan base wanted a year or two before the draft. We've got our guy and Darnold is exciting for our fan base.

One of the most dominating offensive weapon in Le'Veon Bell as an elite dual threat playmaker. Have not been this excited over a Jets offensive threat since Curtis Martin. He's going to be so much fun to watch while in gang green. And I feel will not only take pressure off of a young QB but also open up the field for the rest of our playmakers around him.

One of the leagues most deadly deep threat WR's in Robby Anderson. With so much attention being surrounded on Le'Veon Bell, just the thought of Robby getting a lot more one on one opportunities deep down field on the outside is a fun thought to think about; especially considering the fact that Gase has a reputation of being an aggressive offensive play caller. Robby is a deep threat burner who I can't wait to see within our new offense.

And three weapons in Quincy Enunwa who's awesome and physical when healthy, Jamison Crowder who's not only a natural slot receiver but a slot receiver who can actually extend the field and at times can beat you deep and Chris Herndon who led all rookie TE's in I believe receptions, receiving yards and TD receptions; and all 3 of Enunwa, Crowder and Herndon can all feast over the middle of the field.

I'm sure we'll see growing pains. New head coach. New offensive system. Young QB. Mediocre O-Line etc, etc but damn all of a sudden and our offense has pieces everywhere and if nothing else should at least be fun to root for this offense moving forward.

Mr mittens and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

What I like is they all complement each other well. There is Robbie= Deep Threat, Quincy= power,over the middle threat, Crowder= shifty slot threat, Herndon= TE receiving threat, and of course Bell= a do it all back. Then there is the QB...Sam who can make all the throws on & off schedule. I am excited about or offense. The X factor will be the OL... how well will they hold up in the run game & pass protection?

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Aside from all of the obvious, I am looking forward to how Robby will be utilized outside of running straight down the field. He even spoke to it at the jersey event last week:

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

I really hope to see him unleashed within the WR screen game.

5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm enthusiastic about most of the offense as well but I really feel you can't simply gloss over the "mediocre offensive line" and be like "offensive line concerns aside"

Unfortunately I'm afraid that is going to end up being along the lines of "we've got this fantastic and exciting vampire here.... the only slight concern is this wooden stake driven right through its heart" I'm very concerned the O-line is going to end up undermining all forward progress. And if Darnold ends up getting butchered and seriously hurt because they can't block effectively for him then its going to do worse than merely undermine.

I'm still holding out hope that maybe the Jets can pull of a trade down and really go after another tackle and maybe one of the centers in the draft but things don't seem to feel like they are trending in that direction.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree with your post at all. The one thing that does give me some hope though is probably one of the more underrated hirings of the offseason in Frank Pollack.

I’m hoping he can be a Scarnecchia lite and get the most out of our OL so it won’t hold the O back.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I want to throw my shoe through the tv screen every time they call a sweep or screen to Robbie. I don’t care how fast he is, if you can sneeze and him and he goes down it limits his effectiveness.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am Super enthused over the Future..and gut says the Team is turning a corner...finally the Jets are going Offensive!

We play our cards right we could will be challenging the Pats for Division for first time in many years

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The clear majority here wanted Josh Rosen leading up to the draft.

10. Assuming they address OL on day 2 or in some sort of trade down scenario i think the Jets are attacking this in the right way. Having a bunch of rookies/New faces no matter how highly regarded on the OL is not a good thing if keeping Darnold on his feet is the #1 priority.

The OL rebuild has to be done in waves so that cohesion & system adaptation dont suffer..which would mean missed assignments & playing out of sync..thats just as bad if not worse than mediocre individual talent in pass protection.

A player by trade & perhaps another starter in this draft is a good start.Next offseason they can take a similar approach as 2020 draft is loaded w blue chip OL talent.

As for the rest of the O.Id say weve made some major upgrades but still would like to see a rebounding threat at WR with #1 type upside/An elite TE prospect to pair w Herndon/Another dimension behind Bell at RB/Ol help obviously.

#10 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2019
    ColoradoContrails and mrjet80 like this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thats not true. The majority wanted Sam Darnold even before his rise bowl performance. There were suck for Sam threads for crying out loud.

The majority who wanted Rosen, only wanted him because as a fan base none of us expected to be in position to draft Darnold to begin with.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It was mainly a discussion on Mayfield vs Allen vs Rosen. Yup.

I don't regret saying I wanted Rosen.

13. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

good point. Also scheme matters a lot. When you have a scheme (with a QB who can execute) quick releases you don't need a line full of superstars. Can get by with run-blockers who are merely adequate in pass protection

Attackett likes this.
  14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the excitement will certainly end quickly if the jets cannot line up pro-bowl caliber players at 2 of the 5 positions along the offensive line. Really not sure if we have 2 players on the roster t hat can do that at this point.
    The unit desperately needs a talent boost at either tackle/center, and opposite guard from osmele.

bold statement - if the OL stays healthy and does indeed get pro-bowl level play from any 2 players - jets win at least 8-9 games.

Peebag likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The more I think about it, the more I'm willing until next year to wait to get a #1 WR. Especially if it means getting a 2nd TE(Wilson, Oliver, Sternberger) to pair with Herndon. Next year's draft is supposed to be full of blue chip WR's. We could get a #1 type in round 2 if the 1st rounder is used on OL. FWIW, I like Higgins, but have no idea if he's gonna be a 1st round pick.

#15 CotcheryFan, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  16. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I don't think they need Pro Bowlers but just steady starters - the O-Line is really a mess and unless they address it heavily in the draft or in a trade scenario - 8 to 9 wins will be tough to come by.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Wrong again multipleusername boi.

Here's the Rosen-over-Darnold thread when you (you bag o' wind) ended up posting "I stand corrected" yet kept digging with more of your useless babbling shit that no one (outside of maybe @Toronto_Jet) wants to read.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/what-if-it-comes-down-to-darnold-or-rosen-tonight.90451/

If Baker goes #1, Barkley #2...Jets at #3 should go
    1. *
      Darnold
      29 vote(s)
      48.3%

2. Rosen
      31 vote(s)
      51.7%

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I hope so. our offense has not been fun to watch in forever. We had 1 half a season with favre at QB until he broke down which was 10 years ago and before that last time our offense was fun to watch was when we had vinny t, martin, keyshawn, chrebet etc.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao I am caught ... but Joe you can't deny, Darnold did have somewhat of a down year (and some people soured on him) and Rosen was hands down the best pure passer in college last year. I think Rosen still has a shot to be great. But in the back of my mind, never thought Darnold would be there. Hella glad we got him though. Through thick and thin, you might've been the only poster that stayed on the bandwagon.

ColoradoContrails and joe like this.
  20. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I liked his comment because I am one of those people that talked myself out of Darnold believing there was no chance he would be available at 3. He was hands down consensus top QB and the Browns and Giants not taking him still astounds me. I have been 100% on board since the name Barkley came out of Rogers mouth at #2 but until that happened Darnold felt like a pipe dream. Darnold did dip a little his last year of college and Rosen looked great which helped anyone trying to lie to themselves and not get hung up on Sam. In reality that same dip may be the reason he now plays for the Jets so i would say it worked out pretty well for us.