Jets win total for 2019 is o/u 7 per Vegas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 1, 2019.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Right. I would expect that Sam will continue to develop, will benefit more from Gase than he did from Mc D and Bates, and that our personnel improvements should mean more than 3 additional wins. Especially when you throw in a 3 pick. If they trade down, then we face the dreaded Macc picks. How many more wins? I don't know. At least 8-8.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You need a dose of realism in your life.

[​IMG] ;)

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

At this point I would have said 7 1/2 rather than 7, but that's about the only change I'd make in the over/under. That means a 50/50 chance of below .500 versus .500 or better, which seems about right to me. If they get an elite pass rusher in the draft I might raise it to 8 (a 50/50 chance of below versus above .500).

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Who needs Mo when we have Trumain Johnson healthy and ready to spend
    Yep...No reason why we don't turn things around dramatically like Chicago and LA who had coaching changes

I fully expect this to happen ...maybe not the playoffs but I will show how we achieve 10 wins

I've been down on thus team for years but now I am not about to woosey out with a safe prediction of 7 wins

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Sounds about right.

I think I'd take the over, but not with a ton of confidence.

6. NYJetsO12

You mean you don't expect more from that carpetbagger Trumaine J? Ahaha jus kiddin

Seriously if Mac doesn't solve Edge and corner before the beginning of the season he deserves to be canned..he can start by resigning Clayborn

TBH after 4years of Bowles agony my expectations are high and patience wearing thin

KurtTheJetsFan and Noam like this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If the Jets don't compete for a playoff spot in 2019 something went terribly wrong.

Miami is tanking and the Giants are gonna be brutal tha's three likely wins right there. I'm tempted to call @ Baltimore vs the awful Lamar Jackson a should win game as well.

Figure out the remaining necessary wins from the remaining opponents.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

Thats four wins with the Ravens already!

Baltimore has a gimmick offense with Jackson that few teams were ready for last year..if Williams is smart he will start planning for that particular game this TC

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Last year the over/under from Vegas was 6 wins. I put $100 on the over. I wont make that mistake this year.

I hope they are better than 7 wins but its asking a lot. 8-8 would mean doubling the win total from last season!

10. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

How about the dramatically ridiculous. They'll get 10 wins and still not make the playoffs!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed, they also are taking a big step back on defense with no Suggz and Mosley.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

Ahaha...CJ will give Williams the info on stopping LJackson since he played him in practice

Against Pitt if we play them ..Bell will also have something to prove

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Definitely taking the under. This is still not a good football team. Our one playmaker in Le'Veon Bell won't have the same success he had in Pittsburgh, as he'll be facing stacked boxes all season as we don't have the playmakers on the edge that the defense needs to respect. Combine that with the fact that our O-line stinks, and it could be tough sledding for the offense for large stretches this season.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What was last year? 5 1/2 or something? I remember I thought it was easy money and took the over. What a homer! $200 lost.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Considering we have an easy schedule this year, plus QBs improve the most from Year 1 to Year 2, if this season goes as you say we're screwed going forward.

16. NYJetsO12

The problem was the 10 Sawbucks you laid out was betting on a CS , OC , and HC who were absolutely inept over their first 3 years >>>>poor game planning, poor use of players, no half time adjustments, no 4th qtr clock management...We knew how conservative TB was and Bowles played Josh McGown 75 per cent of the Season and Sam only for a few games..plus GM was doing a half assed job as well

I posted a dozen times prior to the 2018 the Team wouldn't win more than 3 games (they won 4)...some guys were insisting on 8 wins..lmao

Ya shoulda listened to me Browning! ....ahahahahah (jus kidding)

17. NYJetsO12

Yes...still a work in progress. If we played our Season starting tomorrow 4/8 your observations couldn't more correct for our OL and Edge situation...OTOH Mac is no John Dorsey but he has already made a good signing with Osemele for the front line

But "no playmakers on the Edge??" We just got Jamison Crowder, and have Robbie Anderson, Quincy E, Chris Herndon ..

Keep your pants on..I predict a WR pick up over the draft and/or during training camp fallout

Same strategy for Edge and OL>>>>Mac has to nail this 20 days from now

#37 NYJetsO12, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  18. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

McCown started 3 games.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

If thats the case we still sucked...Sam had poor coaching, a poor surrounding cast, and playing his rookie year. Not exactly the Year to be betting on a lot of wins

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

This team getting 10 wins easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acad23 likes this.