New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

That would have been my preference as well, as I think that would have looked much better than the black uniforms. Would have allowed for the green to pop a little more while still retaining that kind of look they were going for with the stealth black look.

2. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

The helmets are booty cheeks

Fiftynine likes this.
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Is this (one of) the longest running threads in TGG history?

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Just bought my home Adams and away Darnold.

20% off promo code for nflshop if you google it.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The event was a bad joke really - highly disappointing not to mention corny.

The uniforms themselves aren’t bad - I was expecting more of a change . I consider this change more of a tweak. I love the Gotham green. I like the green helmets - a little disappointed in the logo. The numbers I consider a “ safe “ change - could of been worse. The black uniforms look too much like the Ravens for me. I like the switch to the green socks - the striped socks lost their luster .

Overall it’s a good change but I’m a little perplexed in what the Jets actually consider “bad ass” or a major change . This wasn’t much more than a tweak and it was completely overblown in the media circles . This is part of the reason I was led to believe the change would be more significant. This took 5 years ?? A little hard to believe.

Everybody has their opinion and that’s fine. I would suggest to people to digest it for a couple of days and let it go. It’s here to stay. What really counts is how they do on the field and I guarantee if the Jets are 7-3 and kicking Brady’s old ass into the ground 28-7 and about to move into first place NOBODY is gonna give a hoot what the uniforms look like at that point.

The schedule will be released in two weeks and then it’s on to the draft...let’s go Jets!

#4185 mrjet80, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    JetWeisgal, NCJetsfan and rohirrim665 like this.
  6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

First marketing meeting:
    Let's analyze what went wrong with the Eagles, Browns, and Cardinals uniform re-designs, and then copy all those elements.
    Then we can include the worst part of the mid-90's uniforms (the black trim and facemask), without the best part (the helmet logo).
    We package it all up, call it our own, and introduce under the back drop of a dancing JB Smoove.
    See you in 6 months.
    Meeting adjourned.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Thanks bud. Just cancelled my fanatics order and ordered with NFL shop which saved me $137

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I dont think they are horrible, but do think they are underwhelming given the hype. Still think the old uni's , along with the colts, were best in NFL....now just the colts......

9. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Any Asian wholesale sites selling the new uni's yet? I want to snag a black Leveon Bell jersey

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You know... there's so much open, unused, negative space on these jerseys, I bet you could fit all manner of sponsor logos on them.

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

As for the helmet logo,
    beng it has JETS Incorporated, it has to be placed that way. The old logo, the 80s logo were placed the same way.

12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Am I blind? How are these new uniforms better than what we had? We just lost all class and credibility with those flavor of the week uniforms, we look like an XFL team. The logo looks like a cartoon, we look like we are trying to appeal to a bunch of teenage wanna-be gangsters with the black uniforms, and the only thing more embarrassing than the uniforms was that presentation last night. Now I know why people hate New York teams. Honestly, this franchise doesn't reflect it's fanbase, it's trying to be something its not. That whole "unveiling" was completely cringeworthy and I am embarrassed to call myself a Jets fan after that. Thank god I like the coach and I think the roster is coming together, I guess if we win I'll shutup but I feel like this is barely the team I used to root for any more. Neil Glat can go to hell along with the Johnsons.

That unveiling last night was indicative of what the live experience is like going to games nowadays, its like a carnival and a glee show. I barely feel like I am at a football game anymore. Metlife stadium has sucked all the "football" out of the "football experience" that goes on at games. And it would happen if we had our own stadium too, has nothing to do with sharing the stadium. The Johnson brothers have the pom-poms out with dollar signs in their eyes. I can't stand it and barely have any enthusiasm left for attending these games other than the tailgate.

And if you don't understand me, go to a game in Washington, or Buffalo and you'll understand how much more of a pure football experience it is. (I will be going to both games this year) I am sure once the Jets are successful they will turn into a Kardashian like reality show at some point, mark my words. It's getting more and more embrassing to call myself a Jets fan. It used to be embarrassing solely because of the losing, now its everything else on top of that. Go ahead and blow sunshine out of your asses at me, I don't care. I actually think the team will be good this year, I think Gase is a good head coach and Darnold is a good QB, but the way the franchise is represented is gross.

13. TonyFtLaud

Check with Kraft, he seems to have a firm grip on the Asian market...

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the basic style of the jersey. While the color of green is better than what we have been wearing, it's still too dark imo, and it doesn't make sense that the socks that go with it are really dark, and the pants are a totally different, lighter shade, and the helmet is another shade of green. Make all the greens match for pete's sake. It's not rocket science. They must have some blue-green color blind people working on these unis.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sure he was the one with the firm grip?

16. NCJetsfan

THIS!

17. TonyFtLaud

I'll have to check the tape and get back to you..

NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Have "fun" with that.... :oops:

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

In this picture, the green jersey and pants appear to match pretty closely. Only the Jets would reveal new unis and not have pictures of them in the sun so people can see the true colors. It's ridiculous how much the colors vary from photo to photo.

20. NCJetsfan

I was pleasantly surprised as well. Knowing the Jets' history and the Johnsons' decision making, I truly feared what they would look like.

While all white or all green don't bother me in the least, I can understand why they would others. What's interesting is with the blacks, they are going all black rather than having green or white pants with the black jersey or vice-versa.