New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

We're going to get "Jersey leaks" even after they are released tomorrow.

VegasMav and TonyFtLaud like this.
  2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I just saw this picture on SNY tv station, so it must be the real thing. I doubt the station would go out on a limb and say they are real if they weren't sure .

3. Jetsruby

The logo and charger-looking stripes are the worst part about them. The green helmets themselves are alright...would have preferred a non-chrome look or matte finish. I still like white helmets better. Redo the striping on the green jersey and it's not too bad, just uninteresting.

At this point though, it would take a lot of changes for me to actually like them. They are good enough for me to live with for the foreseeable future until we change them again in 5 years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Jetsruby

No, that shouldn't matter. The team would still have a base set that is independent of just one year. They would just replace the NFL patch if anything for this year.

5. Jetsruby

This is not a genius plan because the Jets forgot to account for the fact that both of them are likely to be dog shit.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  6. Jetsruby

What did they show? A high resolution image or the low quality one that was leaked? If it was the low-quality one then it doesn't confirm anything.

7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The whole look reminds me of whenever Hollywood makes a football movie and they try waaaay to hard to make the uniforms look ultra cool ... but they end up looking like cheap, cheesy garbage. For example, look at all the uniforms in Any Given Sunday. GOD AWFUL. That's what our uniform looks like now.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have a feeling that gray is going to be one of the colors in the palette of the new uniform. I think this leak is going to be a ruse. Some kind of kelly-ish green (but not classic kelly green), white, black and gray.

Keeps seeing different tweets (Jets official tweets) that incorporate gray into what they are tweetering. Plus a couple of the uniform unveiling ads also do the same thing with the same shade of gray.

Just a hunch. Most of my hunches are wrong so I won't be shocked if the leak is the correct unform.

mrjet80 likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'll deeply miss our classic throwback look but I absolutely love the NEW YORK across our Jersey's. I just love it.

11. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

If that picture is true. Then Damn! how can you take so long, and build things up to present this that looks like it was designed in 5 minutes. Some generic Triangles on our Jersey and Pants, The Metallic Helmet in Green I like, but not with the black facemask! I see they want three colours! but Black! Sad! and then the logo. That is the worst part. The rest I could probably learn to live with but the way Jets was written on the old logo always was the worst part of it. So they pull it out and make it bigger and it does not go with the numbers or anything. No black accent, no Angular look! nothing! just pulled out of the old logo!

The thing that gets me more. Is that we have no idea how long they will wear this. At least in Europe with the Football Shirts they change every year so if one is bad! well you only have to wait 12 months for it to change. We could be lumbered with this for years and years. Its just so damn simple! unimaginative and boring. I could have lived with something a bit out there! Bright Color Rush Green! with the Metallic stripes on teh white helmet and maybe a new logo! but this! its just so bad. So bad.

12. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

No matter what the new uniforms actually will be, what I’ll miss the most is the color rush all white unis with the white helmet and white face mask. Cleanest look I’ve seen as a fan and would’ve been happy if they kept that as a primary uniform.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  13. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

the leak is bogus , as far as i'm concerned. its also a planned leak by the league to begin with

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The original artwork for the skyscraper before the NY was superimposed on it. Don't ask how I know, just know I know!
    [​IMG]

abyzmul and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This guy on Twitter had a nice concept design ... I like how the fighter Jet looks on the top of the black helmet ... I just hope what was “leaked” yesterday isn’t the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macbk, TheJetLife, truthbtold and 2 others like this.
  16. Ralebird

Yeah, and a lot of guys want to draft him this year.

donkey likes this.
  17. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

I keep looking at that picture and I can't help thinking those shoulder stripes makes it look like they are all wearing capes

Now that's a thought.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jixxjr likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

JB Smoove hosting launch?

That should be fun.

donkey likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who's our new quarterback....Daffy Duck?

20. Ralebird

Exactly - I was thinking Superman!

But that was before I realized that stripe was a) supposed to look like the edge of a wing and b) the same shape that appeared in the video touting the announcement both under the "NY" and dividing the numbers in the 4/4 date. I'd bet a new jersey that whoever hacked up that image with the wrong shoes and inconsistent stripes and logos did it after seeing the video.