New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I like them but wish the shoulder stripe didn’t exist

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Lets wait and see what they really look like but as far as these I really don't like them. I hate black uniforms I always have ( stems back to my days when I had to wear them in the summer) just too damn hot and I don't like the New York in on the players chests,,,just my opinion and tastes but these I do not like

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If this leak is really fake, then that will make the angst from the final sucktastic reveal so much more fun.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Erm nope, the big fuck off swoosh on the shoulder, I can see how you could think that but you actually think somebody would go as far as that in their hate lol

5. K'OB

I have never really noticed the difference in the heat and wearing black or white myself but then UK is fucking freezing most of the time anyway but in a strange test Arabs seem to wear white robes but a lot of Muslims favour black robes, both hot regions :)

I don't care for the all black uniform, It needed a different shade in the pants even if it was a stripe to break it up a little.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  6. We usually agree on most things Jets related...and I too love the all whites w. green stripes.

I guess if we're gonna disagree on something Uni's can be it,lol

I loved the change back to the throwbacks in 98...and at that time I wouldn't have ever wanted them to change again. But sometime around the butt fumble I started to think it was time for something different.

Jets started as a progressive change to the Giants & I think in some ways staying current reflects the brand. I also think the retros won't be going too far. Maybe not this coming year but in future years they will make appearances no doubt. I think the new CBA will do away w. the 1 helmet rule & teams will look to capitalize on throwbacks of all sorts...just like in all 4 of the other major sports.

For some maybe the change is too drastic or forward thinking..but I don't think it disrespects the brand or is any sort of outlier.

Brook! likes this.
  7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Ah, that's my bad! But to my defense, I didn't even notice the swoosh on the shoulder, which proves my point of not being too concerned since NIKE is making the top.

8. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

If real- while I'm not in love with this design, it isn't a complete disaster like I was afraid it would be.

9. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

You guys could be right I guess about the under armor thing. This does seem like something they would put out and in the corner you see the whole "Take Flight" think on the side.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I can see it now - these are fake and the real ones revealed tomorrow will cause some to complain and wish these fakes that they hated were the real deal. Get it ? LOL

BudJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Try sitting out in the FL sun in black/dark clothes.... DEFINITELY makes a difference (and why Miami usually wears white the first half of the season) When I was working (or fishing) outside in the summer I always opted for white longsleeve shirt

CBG and K'OB like this.
  12. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

I'm almost positive the leak is photoshopped. Maybe that is the actual design (as Hughes tweeted) but I don't think the picture is real. Look at the leg piping on Hernon's leg compared to the others. It's more narrow and runs farther down his leg--especially compare Hernon's pants to how short the stripe is on Anderson's leg. It also has more of a curve while Enunwa and Anderson's seems more like a triangle/dagger; I'm guessing inspired by a jet's wing. I'm fairly certain you'd be able to see more of the white leg stripe on Adams as well, below or to the side of his wrist; it disappears in his forearm in the picture.

There's a similar issue with the shoulders, granted players wear their shoulder pads and sleeves differently. Anderson's shoulder stripe is completely horizontal. Everyone else's sit higher up and are at an angle. Anderson and Adams are wearing their sleeves very similarly, I don't think there would be such a difference in how the green stripe lies. I really like how it looks on Anderson, more so than the other players.

There are too many inconsistencies for that to be a real photo. Maybe it's a fancy mock-up Nike did and was one of the finalists? It'd be hilarious if the Jets faked a leak as a PR stunt.

Brook!, HomeoftheJets and mrjet80 like this.
  13. K'OB

Yeah, I never noticed the real nike swoosh on the pants tbh like all brands they are on shorts and shirts (football/soccer) so you don't really see them lol

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah something doesn’t add up here. The picture itself is rather fuzzy no ?

This thread is gonna hit 200 pages ....

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also Darnold looks short.

SmoothLefty21 likes this.
  16. stinkyB

It was snapped with an extra secret spy camera.... the plot thickens :oops:

17. stinkyB

but are his arms long enough?

Dierking likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

STINKY = you know

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was going to ask when we had drafted Michael Cera at QB.

Plus, Big Leo looks shorter and not as fat. They did a good job on the Robbie look alike though.

20. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Fixed it for you.

K'OB likes this.