New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

The security rivals Marvel's lockdown of information for EndGame (new trailer and tix out today for those that care)

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If only the Jets were as good at football as they've been keeping the new uniforms a secret.

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Just ordered my endgame tickets and ordering my jersey Friday morning. i just hope this is a secondary logo. I don't dislike it, i just want something better on the helmets.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

So true.
    The Vikings, Dolphins and Jaguars were so atrocious that their more recent changes were to undo some of those mistakes, and return to a more traditional team look (which still falls short of the original look).

So why not skip the few years of contractually embarrassing uniforms and keep what we have, and what we will eventually return to?
    Because of the money grab on selling crap jerseys, that’s why.

No major overhaul that Nike has done has looked good.
    I expect Tampa will be the next team to revert back to their old uniforms.

I’m just hoping we don’t try to be “modern” or flashy with this, as that never works.

AJW likes this.
  5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I do like the Seahawks Uniforms, they were an overhaul, i don't know why they get so much hate

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If this is it LMAO

6-10 once again likes this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’s not - it’s just a placeholder logo until the unveiling Thursday . There is a hint though. Notice New York is spelled out rather than just NY. Supposedly the new logo/uniforms are really emphasizing NYC.....

KurtTheJetsFan and macbk like this.
  8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I just don’t see how that’s a update or how it’s any better lol. I don’t want to be the New York ovals. I know we have some traditionalists here but I’m sure the majority prefers something that incorporates a jet or jet features

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

According to that tweet over on page 148 on this post that’s exactly what will be on the new helmet .

But no proof of course ...

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Ralebird, Kris 15 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I understand wanting to emphasize 'New York'. And I do think if the social media posts are going to always have a plane emoji, it's only right that we have an actual JET of sorts incorporated into the logo.

12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Looking at the other draft hats that have officially been released, I'm thinking there is going to be black on the new uniforms, not just on the alternate. The hat looks very similar to the cowboys blocking.
    As far as the theory that the scroll on the bill are Jets, or a tribute to pilot uniforms, it also appears on the Giants cap.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...and-theyre-bringing-lots-of-local-flavor/amp/

KurtTheJetsFan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

NY Jets68, NCJetsfan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup

15. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

16. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

It's pretty safe to say this is one of the new logos. I can't in my right mind imagine these leaked photos of the hat/patch would be made as a fake-out or for trolling purposes.

The logo is not bad, but it is underwhelming. At this point, underwhelming is definitely preferred over overwhelming. I think I like it slightly better than the similar logo we have now, though I'm not sure how I feel yet about the football being squished up against the word "Jets", where it cuts off the bottom of the lettering. Overall, it's decent for a casual cap, even a small patch on the chest of the jerseys. The "main" logo on the helmet is going to be the big factor.

Side note, the vast majority of those on-stage draft hats are atrocious in my opinion. Including the supposed Jets hat.

I'm almost positive most of us initially aren't going to be happy with these new uniforms. Just a gut feeling. The hype and speculation is all over Jets twitter and has caused this thread to hit almost 160 pages. I hope we're pleasantly surprised. I think it'll take time to sink in and for them to grow on us. As long as the change is decent looking you can probably count me in to buy some of the merchandise. We might as well give it our best effort to embrace this apparent "future is bright" mentality and culture change for the sake of our mental health as diehard fans.

KurtTheJetsFan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  17. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

The theme of the draft hats are 'city flags'. The laurel wreath on the Jets and giants is taken from the NYC flag, it's around the center seal

GQMartin likes this.
  18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

New logo officially leaked:

[​IMG]

SackExchange69 and Mr mittens like this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm loving the streamlined pants but can't help but feel a few certain players will look a little fat in them.

20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

FWIW - From a marketing standpoint, and seeing how these things work behind the scenes (I've been working with marketing contractors for years. None with the Jets!). That logo people keep discussing is most likely a neutral placeholder. It would be poor judgment by Nike to have a secret unveiling and keep the new design in plain sight; particularly when they have been this tight-lipped. Typically, a company will use a neutral design as an internal place holder so branding isn't confused. If a logo/design is set for an unveiling, it's usually not used on any printed material until after it's debut. In high profile situations like this one, there would be distinctly steep monetary penalties for unauthorized printing of the logo on a piece of paper - let alone printing it on the cover of a marketing agenda for a meeting.

Quite honestly, if that is the logo they have been working on for 2 years, that's pretty disappointing work on Nike's behalf. Not that it matters, but reading between the lines - I believe the change will be substantial.