Gase Press Conference 3/26

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Mar 26, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'll have a tough decision to make when voting for Funniest Poster this year.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If they're not coming in until next week is the team permitted to communicate with them now regarding conditioning, procedures and basic playbook stuff? Did a Fedex truck pull up to every guy's house this morning with a box of stuff they need to know before they get here?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jack Reacher wasn't all that bad. A big step up over Cruise's usual stuff. I haven't seen the sequel tho.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The whole point of the limited off-season contact is to keep the players healthy and prevent rabid coaching staffs from driving them into the ground.

QB's never face that kind of physical pressure in the off-season and they definitely should be exempt from the rule. Young QB's on their rookie contracts should be available to the organization 11 months of the year.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Ralebird

So, regarding my question? I can't find any info online.

6. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

The smaller ones, particularly the sows and eunuchs eat best. I’m making pulled pork in the crock pot today and dropped off a bunch at the butcher for sausage and snack stix. I don’t kill animals that I don’t intend to eat. They are considered an invasive nuisance

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Not until they report. Hence my questioning why wait an additional week to have the opportunity to address the team and get things going.

8. Ralebird

I had no problem with starting a week later and running the sessions together but if it precludes the team from giving study material out it is wasting time they can never get back.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who else is in the running?

I figured I was a shoe-in once Rollo got tossed.

He was one witty midget.

10. TonyFtLaud

Exactly. Plus I don't really see the benifit of not having a week off when they will have 3 weeks off following mini camp anyway.
    Get them the playbooks, get them in. Address the team and set the tone early.
    Get a jump on evaluating players who are questionable like Roberts, Clark, Harrison. See what you have.
    Use the week break to focus on the draft evaluations. The coaches may find a weakness for their system of an unexpected positive.
    Maybe I'm over thinking it, but when the best coaches ( Peyton, Belichik) were repeatedly saying they want more time with the players at the league meetings, I figure getting more time may be good....

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They are not giving up extra contact time with the players they are just doing it differently than the other teams with new coaches. Teams with returning coaches are not starting until the 15th, teams that started yesterday will be off the week the jets will still be having activities. The jets are not shorting themselves practice time here.

Sam Hammer and PennyandtheJets like this.
  12. CotcheryFan

Jetophile is your top competition.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's such a dumb rule. Teams and coaches should be able to the organization at any point as long as they are employed by the team. Not saying conduct practices, but to be able to come to the facility and talk football. Wherever that player wants to attend is on them.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nothing beats a well-placed N bomb!

Seriously though, what happened to Rollo? I knew it would only be a matter of time before he Stokes’d it up.

15. CotcheryFan

Apparently he went too far in the thread about kicking tires on Dez. I'll miss his interactions with Brook.

16. TonyFtLaud

Correct. They are not shorting "practice" time, but they are shorting teaching time, strength and conditioning time, and rehab time. Once teams open off season training, they can distribute playbooks, answer questions, have contact with their players. QBs start throwing to WRs. Building chemistry. The "off week" just isn't scheduled. Players can and do still use the facilities. Players returning from injury still receive rehab from the training staff. Darnold and the receivers can still work on routes and plays, question Gase about things.
    We're in 2 different camps on this. I'm of the belief you get the playbook to the vets asap. Start teaching immediately and let them work together on that "off week". I don't subscribe to your theory that they will forget everything .
    I also believe it gives the coaching staff the ability to assess the character and intelligence of the vets.
    Who's motivated and puts in the work. Who steps up as leaders. Does Darnold get the WRs and TEs together to work? Do Moseley and Adams get the D in to work. O line? Who takes command of that group? Just spending time together builds chemistry.
    There's a reason teams are given the extra 15 days.
    Get the vets as much time with the material as possible so they can help guide the rookies.
    That's my opinion. It's not going to change. I understand and respect yours.
    We will have to just agree to disagree.

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My downside of Gese is he lacks Belly brain power sorry to say :mad:

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Gese is clearly a moron. Thank god we didn't hire Gese.

abyzmul likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I prefer HCs with cute daughters that stand next to them on the sidelines. Players do too!

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

After she pulled a Michael Richard she is toast.

Crap...I'm the '09 Jets:mad: